You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What's your opinion of Brendan Rodgers?

Paco

What do you think of Brendan Rodgers?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Brendan Rodgers?

• I despise him
    • even when we were playing great last season, I couldn't stand him
    • he deserves as much credit as anyone for last season
    • he was lucky last season
    • I want him out
    • I hold him responsible for our poor signings this season
    • I have always been embarrassed listening to his interviews
    • he's an excellent manager
    • I love him
    • he gets until at least the end of the season
    • defensively he hasn't a clue
    • last season was down to Suarez
    • I don't mind his chat
    • he overachieved last season
    • he's wasted £100m+ and doesn't deserve another penny
    • he needs backing from the board and money for players in January
    • I trust him to turn it around
    • if we return to playing something close to last seasons football I'll give him another season
    • sack him now, install an interim manager and get simeone, klopp or someone in the summer
    • get rafa now
  2. 2. Should Rodgers be sacked immediately?

If the last couple of months has taught us anything we shouldn't be judging him on a week by week basis. He's not going anywhere now until the end of the season

I don't think people change their opinion of him game to game more that his detractors come out of the woodwork following a defeat and vice versa, I m really not arsed if people don't rate him to be honest I just love him for his attacking philosophy, I've longed for that for more years than I care to remember.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I see this being raised when Rodgers is hailed as the bestest manager in the world

Nobody is calling him that. Anyway, back to supporting the manager. I think he is very good.

If the last couple of months has taught us anything we shouldn't be judging him on a week by week basis. He's not going anywhere now until the end of the season

Werner was saying in his last interview how well Rodgers was doing, how he didn't want to say fourth was critical and what he wanted to see until the summer was continued improvement.

Rodgers had said previously to that that he had met the owners, everything was fine and how they had made no agreed targets at the start of the season.

He will be here next season I don't doubt that anymore.

He's earned himself another season no matter what now I think. That rough patch would have and has been the undoing of many a manager but he's managed to not only turn it around but he's kept us in contention for a couple of trophies and is pretty unlucky to not have ended up at Wembley already. Extra praise should be awarded for managing to speak so much bollocks without ever looking like he's lost the dressing room. Even Mario sounds a bit more determined.

He's earned himself another season no matter what now I think. That rough patch would have and has been the undoing of many a manager but he's managed to not only turn it around but he's kept us in contention for a couple of trophies and is pretty unlucky to not have ended up at Wembley already. Extra praise should be awarded for managing to speak so much bollocks without ever looking like he's lost the dressing room. Even Mario sounds a bit more determined.

I say again we should wait to the end of the season, There's still a lot to play for but we have a congested schedule and these Europa games could cost us points in the league,

Balotelli has scored a tap in and hit a decent fk ; oh and he smiled yesterday!

I would say though I am enjoying watching us play again which something I couldn't have imagined saying a couple of months back, 

That's how the cynics roll.

Be fair, it's how both entenched sides on this issue roll now.

That stat is just as likely to be omitted from those seeing our current run of form as proof of greatness as it is to be highlighted without any context in a negative way.

We're doing well. But we're also seventh.

I don't think we're even discussing things any more, this thread just gets bumped depending on the result and who wants to try and score some petty points.

I'd like to think that if we got to the FA Cup final on Gerrard's brithday it wouldn't be the first thread bumped above the match thread, but let's face it, it will be, no matter what the result.

• Upvote 1

Werner was saying in his last interview how well Rodgers was doing, how he didn't want to say fourth was critical and what he wanted to see until the summer was continued improvement.

Rodgers had said previously to that that he had met the owners, everything was fine and how they had made no agreed targets at the start of the season.

With all that new premisership moola knocking around, what's not to like for FSG?

Randy Lerner only budged, when it looked like payday was coming to an end.

Still dont get why so many people dont \ didnt have the patience to wait to the end of the season before passing judgement.

That's when we normally make a judgement on managers, isnt it? (Of course the owl was an exception since he should never have been given the job in the first place.)

• Upvote 1

So its mocking from Brownie now that we've progressed to a quarter final? What a prick. My Arsenal obsessed workmate is like that, happy for 4th place finishes or a trophy after a gazillion years. I'd expect a bit more from an LFC fan.

I was mocking the extreme view because it deserved mocking. It's equally true the other way, anyone acting like he's some kind of messiah deserve mocking as well although I have never witnessed anyone acting in that manner to be honest. The general feeling towards him from the majority of lads I see at the game is probably indifference. I like him but i'm well beyond the days of worshipping managers, they're just another asset/liability to me and are there purely to get us performing.

The extreme views seem to be of the negative persuasion and as I said before, I think those extremes deserve mocking.

Fucking hell, the lad who was saying "get him out now" posted it after a win. We were actually in a run of 7 games unbeaten (5 wins and 2 draws) and playing good football.

Since then we have lost just once in nine games (5 wins, 3 draws) and again the football has generally been good.

Things are far from perfect and Rodgers is in no way guaranteed to still be in the job by the end of May. Lots of football to be played and it could go either way.

• Upvote 2