You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

80's TV shows

Sugar Ape

Talking about The remake of The Equalizer in work ( Why are their so many 'd's in Edward Woodwards name? Because if there weren't he'd be called Ewar Woowar ) got me thinking of other 80's shows I liked. Does anyone remember a programme called Sledge Hammer?

My arl man used to let me stay up and watch it when I was a kid, think it was on Itv about 11pm. Used to love that.

1113843668.jpg

• Upvote 7

Sledge Hammer was ace. Funfact: His female colleague was the real-life wife of Michael Crichton.

I am a big fan of TV shows opening-montages in general and the 80s had some great ones.

Equalizer was near perfect:

Loved Stingray as well (not the British Stingray):

How do you post a Youtube link again?  I promise I'll remember this time. 

Just paste the whole link in and it should work in most browsers without doing anything else.

If not, when you get the options above your post - Bold, italic etc... - The YouTube button is next to the Twitter one but it's invisible so just hover over it, click it and paste the whole YouTube link in, not just the end bit like you used to on the old site.

• Upvote 1

Just paste the whole link in and it should work in most browsers without doing anything else.

If not, when you get the options above your post - Bold, italic etc... - The YouTube button is next to the Twitter one but it's invisible so just hover over it, click it and paste the whole YouTube link in, not just the end bit like you used to on the old site.

Cheers, why is it invisible - no wonder I keep forgetting. 

Manimal, Automan, Street Hawk, Megaforce & Airwolf (some might have been pre-80s).

I always remember seeing a film/pilot on the telly in the mid 80s called North Star about an austronaut who looked into the sun & got special powers from it, they were going to make a show out of it but decided it was shite so didn't. It made quite an impression on me at the time but I got a hold of a copy a few years back & they were right, it was fucking awful.

Manimal, Automan, Street Hawk, Megaforce & Airwolf (some might have been pre-80s).

I always remember seeing a film/pilot on the telly in the mid 80s called North Star about an austronaut who looked into the sun & got special powers from it, they were going to make a show out of it but decided it was shite so didn't. It made quite an impression on me at the time but I got a hold of a copy a few years back & they were right, it was fucking awful.

I vaguely remember seeing that on TV back then too. His eyes would glow yellow like fire or something.