You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mario Balotelli

WhiskeyJar

Dumped by Liverpool, Milan, and Italy within the last couple of years. Plying his trade for a minor club in France. Next stop China or America?

Garbage.

We are not going to agree are we ?

Was very excellent for 7 years from age 17 with Inter, City & Milan but hit a brick wall the past couple of years. Still 26 & a real talent.

We are not going to agree are we ?

Was very excellent for 7 years from age 17 with Inter, City & Milan but hit a brick wall the past couple of years. Still 26 & a real talent.

He absolutely was not excellent for Milan at all. They made him the focal point of the team and indulged his incredible lack of effort, they consequently cemented their place as a mid table team.

He absolutely was not excellent for Milan at all. They made him the focal point of the team and indulged his incredible lack of effort, they consequently cemented their place as a mid table team.

1 in 3 goalscoring record starting as a 17 year old in Serie A. Tough crowd.

He's obviously much better than he managed to show at Liverpool, but there's still a large gap between his level and the elite strikers. And that assumes he applies himself, which has been his main problem over the years.

These days he plays in fits and starts, apparently doing enough to keep the cash rolling in.

He's doing well in France and should get himself a move to a bigger club off the back of it if he keeps going. If we've got a sell on clause we should get a payday, but we're well rid. He just doesn't have the application to go where we're going.

Good luck to him and all that, but I've not given a single thought to missing him, even if he is scoring a few at the moment.

• Upvote 1

He was 23-25 at Milan. A third of his goals were penalties. He was, and is, shite.

Are we going to strip all of Stevie's pens from his record ?

I was alluding to the Inter years when he was 17, but at Milan 2013/14 he scored 26 goals in 43 games, almost 2 goals every 3 games, penalties or not. 

He should have made far greater strides in his career & may well be stagnating but he wasn't and isn't shite.

Are we going to strip all of Stevie's pens from his record ?

No, but adding context gives a fuller picture than simply looking at numbers. Stevie in 2013/14 scored 13 goals, which is unheard of for someone playing as a deep lying playmaker. 10 of the goals were penalties. It's relevant.

"Shit" is obviously relative, but the lad has absolutely none of the required mental attributes to be a top footballer.

• Upvote 1

He'll never, ever, play for us again and for that i'm thankful. He could score 50 goals a season and i wouldn't pine for him. 

His performance against Basel has to go down as the most unarsed, indifferent display i think i've witnessed from one of our strikers. Say what you want about Tekers but he was lightyears better than this jabroni. 

• 1 year later...