You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

A lad I know who goes Everton doesn't rate lukaku. Thinks he's lazy and only turns up when he wants to. He Didnt want them to sign him anyway. Heard there was a few of a similar opinion. Be interesting to see how he develops particularly with the size of the fee.

He's an idiot then . I think he's a very good player and I'm amazed they have managed to sign him. We take the piss out of the Bitters but they played some great football at times last season , They haven't got the strength in depth but their first choice team is impressive now. I would certainly swap their full backs for ours in a heartbeat 

He's an idiot then . I think he's a very good player and I'm amazed they have managed to sign him. We take the piss out of the Bitters but they played some great football at times last season , They haven't got the strength in depth but their first choice team is impressive now. I would certainly swap their full backs for ours in a heartbeat

Clearly he's an idiot he supports Everton. He does however go every home game and most aways and generally has a decent knowledge of football. I'd therefore put more stock in his opinion than most people who watch the odd game on the telly. (Not saying that's you by the way as you may have watched a lot of him)

Sometimes I watch Lukaku and think he looks like Drogba and sometimes he reminds me of Heskey.  I also spoke to a fair amount of blues last season who weren't overly impressed with him either.

Everton have really pushed the boat out with this one especially considering they would have paid a handsome loan fee last year.  They've spent a fair bit of money on Lukaku and Gaz Baz's three year contract just to tread water.  I can't imagine there's much left in Bobby Brown shoes kitty.  I reckon they'll try and get Rodwell on loan.

Clearly he's an idiot he supports Everton. He does however go every home game and most aways and generally has a decent knowledge of football. I'd therefore put more stock in his opinion than most people who watch the odd game on the telly. (Not saying that's you by the way as you may have watched a lot of him)

I watched about 10 Bitters  games last season and Lukaku was mostly excellent.

A couple of my mates , season ticket holders, are made up they've signed him. They thought they had no chance so surprises me some of their fans are complaining that's all . 

Thats a great deal for Everton, they've basically sold Fellaini and bought Lukaku with the money. Of course now they're going off on one proclaiming they'll qualify for the champions league, but this is a good day to be a bluenose.

I wouldn't place too much store in Everton fans comments on him towards the end of last season, they thought he was off and were getting the bitterness in first.

This season will be the acid test.  I think it's a great signing to be fair, would have liked to take him as despite that first touch being erratic, he has a presence, power and dynanism that always gives them a chance in a game (unless they're 4-0 down at half-time).  His goals record in the Premiership is excellent for his age.

Even though he is a big blue walking talking rectum and I do now hate him very much indeed.

• Upvote 4

Lukaku is a good signing for them. I think Bobby's going to have to look for a few canny loan deals because the piggy bank has been emptied. He sniffed some out last season. The last thing we want is him repeating that feat.

Lukaku is a good signing for them. I think Bobby's going to have to look for a few canny loan deals because the piggy bank has been emptied. He sniffed some out last season. The last thing we want is him repeating that feat.

That's the problem isn't it, get them in now and pay for them next season if they work out, move them on if they don't.  So long as the better sides don't see them as a direct rival and perhaps as a fringe benefit see the value of their competition with us, he'll keep getting them.

Must fucking love DFS.

He's not worth 28 mil. The market is fucked. If that's what decent, but not world class players are going for in this window, then we may as well hold on until Jan. I recognise we need another striker but the prices are mental. Bad enough what we've given Southampton this window.

I can't make my mind up about Lukaku.  Sometimes he looks really good, but when he's off the pace, he's shite.  £28 million ?  Fuck that for a lark.  He could be their Andy Carroll, although I doubt that'll happen.  But it would be fucking ace if it did.

I can't make my mind up about Lukaku. Sometimes he looks really good, but when he's off the pace, he's shite. £28 million ? Fuck that for a lark. He could be their Andy Carroll, although I doubt that'll happen. But it would be fucking ace if it did.

He's not their Andy Carroll, he scores goals for a start.

• Upvote 1