You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Because I've been following his career for the last 5 years. He's been shite for Partiznan, he's been shite for Lyon, he couldn't play RCB so they wanted to get rid of him, he was a joke in the French league, I follow the French league. Only Southampton offered 8mil, they sold him, Now after ONE YEAR IN PL, behind Wanyama & Schneiderlin, best defensive-midfield pair in PL, he's ace. Well fuck me sideways. He's not. 

Because I've been following his career for the last 5 years. He's been shite for Partiznan, he's been shite for Lyon, he couldn't play RCB so they wanted to get rid of him, he was a joke in the French league, I follow the French league. Only Southampton offered 8mil, they sold him, Now after ONE YEAR IN PL, behind Wanyama & Schneiderlin, best defensive-midfield pair in PL, he's ace. Well fuck me sideways. He's not. 

When you say Partiznan i presume you mean Partizan Belgrade in Serbia? funny that because he's never played for Partizan, yet you claim to have seen him play for them and concluded he was rubbish, strange.

Ian_Ayre_liverpool.jpg

"Excuse me, but I was wondering if you had any players who can play in the attacking left fullback position?"

5342336_1.jpg

"Ooh, I'm not sure to be honest. Margaret will know. MARGARET! MARGARET! Do we have any players who can play in the attacking left fullback position? ....... Oh yes, here we are. We have Alberto Moreno. He can play in the attacking left fullback position. The price sticker says £20m."

Ian_Ayre_liverpool.jpg

"Hmmmm. £20m? Do you have any other players who can play in the attacking left fullback position?"

5342336_1.jpg

"Ooh. I'm not sure. I'll check with Margaret. MARGARET! MARGARET! Do we have any other players who can play in the attacking left fullback position? .... Ah. Margaret says that when you were in last week we did have Ben Davies for £10m but he's been sold. Margaret says we might still have Paul Konchesky in a storage trunk in the cellar if you're interested? "

Ian_Ayre_liverpool.jpg

"It's ok. I think I'll leave it.

Do you have any pirate memory games?"

• Upvote 10

Not enough of those on this forum for my liking.

Just a simple 'Ian Ayre on the scene' with a drunk man falling down the stairs gif accompanying, or a Ian Ayre based story about his negotiation tactics gets me every time. An oldie, but a goodie.

yeah it was Dinamo, My mistake. I'm Crvena Zvezda fan so I'm biased for Serbian teams;) My bad.

Okay if what your saying is true and you've seen him in the Russian and French league then you know more than i do because i've only watched him in the Premier League. But from what i've seen he looks like a young Agger, but with more tactical discipline and he comes across as more of a leader, he takes more responsibility than Agger.

He's one of the few signings i'm not worried about, him and Markovic really, because i think everything's geared towards him hitting the ground running from the start, he'll get games, he speaks good English as well as French and Slavik, so he can communicate with all the defenders, the fee also demands game time as well, i think he'll be a success but it's all subjective opinion at this point.

• Upvote 1

Lovren is going to be good for us. He's a good bordering on excellent defender and he's what we need, and when you factor in the inflation there's been this year due to the extra tv cash flying around, he's not even that expensive really. I'd have been disappointed to miss out on him because we wouldn't budge from 16m or something similar. We paid a bit extra but it's better than wasting it on players like bum-ticket, who stink out the place and then tell others not to come here. 

If we can get a fiesty, tricky skill merchant to help get the goals, and a fullback or 2, this window will have been a good one. My early spastification has eased, but I reserve the right to spaz in the future and pretend I never typed any of this shite. 

What a load of shite, i hope nobody is stupid enough to believe a word of this imbecile says, every time i look on here this bellend is spreading pure trash

Not that i have to prove you are full of shit but Wanyama wasn't anywhere near a first choice for Southampton last season, Cork played ahead of him alongside Scheiderlin and even Davis got games ahead of Wanyama who is nothing but a lump of muscle.

• Upvote 1

Lovren and Sakho will improve the defence immeasurably. We're all worried about replacing Suarez's goals. We will go some way to doing that with a maturing Sterling (who I expect will have a fantastic season) and a freed up Sturridge, who will not have to be deferent to Suarez this season. Henderson will score a few more and Lallana will weigh in with a decent amount. We will be fine for goals - I expect to not score quote as many as last season, but still a VERY healthy amount. 

The difference will be made up by tightening up at the back. Lovren is an organizer. He will take charge and help the defence to push out and hold a higher line. I can't wait to see it all unfold. 

• Upvote 3

What a load of shite, i hope nobody is stupid enough to believe a word of this imbecile says, every time i look on here this bellend is spreading pure trash

Not that i have to prove you are full of shit but Wanyama wasn't anywhere near a first choice for Southampton last season, Cork played ahead of him alongside Scheiderlin and even Davis got games ahead of Wanyama who is nothing but a lump of muscle.

Brigant just gets slightly carried away at times (like in December last year when he said if we didn't buy a new midfielder player in January we wouldn't even finish in the top half...) but so what?  We've all done it to some degree.

Chill out.

Guest davelfc

I don't get why brigant has been following lovrens career all these years when he thinks he's shit. Just seems weird, you wouldn't follow a fat bird around constantly because she wasn't worth a bumming.

Unless you've got a tuba.

Brigant just gets slightly carried away at times (like in December last year when he said if we didn't buy a new midfielder player in January we wouldn't even finish in the top half...) but so what?  We've all done it to some degree.

Chill out.

No, he's got a point. It's not just his opinion, it's the fact the same opinion is brought up multiple times a day in multiple threads.Frodeitis I believe it's called, known in St Albans as Rashid syndrome.

Also, Wanyama is fucking shite. I thought he was shocking last season.

No, he's got a point. It's not just his opinion, it's the fact the same opinion is brought up multiple times a day in multiple threads.Frodeitis I believe it's called, known in St Albans as Rashid syndrome.

Also, Wanyama is fucking shite. I thought he was shocking last season.

Nah, Code and Rash were both snide cunts.

• Upvote 1