You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

To the Lake (Series 1) - 7.5/10

Really enjoyed it. It's a Russian production about people trying to escape a plague. Think chernobyl, meets walking dead (but not shit), meets red dawn.

Top notch acting and directing. I was really impressed. Was not expecting it to be as good as it was, probably because I incorrectly assumed Russian TV was shite.

It's available dubbed into English, although I watched it in Russian with subtitles. Some folks will think it is slow in parts, but the strength of the show is in the development of the characters.

Worth watching if apocalypse type stuff is your thing.

One word of warning though. It is quite close to the bone for these times - best to avoid if covid has been tough for you.

• Upvote 1

Paul Gascgoine is currently on the Italian version of I'm a Celebrity...Apparently he's jumped out of a helicopter and done his shoulder. He doesn't make life easy for himself, does he?

Irregulars - 5/10. Two episodes into Netflix’s new Holmsian series that appears to be aimed at a young adult audience. Holmes has mainly been an offscreen presence with the young adult street urchins employed by Dr Watson to help investigate and battle a growing supernatural threat to Victorian London.

There’s a kernel of a good idea here but it’s been executed in a rather unexciting manner, and it’s all a bit monster of the week with nods to the overarching plot and Big Bad. There is also an attempt to expand the setting to Southern US by way of dream sequences, and the introduction of a character that I have a sneaking suspicion may turn out to be Jim from Huckleberry Finn.

Production values are high, and as with any self-respecting Victorian film or TV show, you get to play spot Liverpool (William Brown Street, the Palm House in Sefton Park, St George’s Hall and St. George’s Plateau, Hope Street, Castle Street, the Town Hall, Falkner Street and what looks like Rodney Street doubling as Baker Street - all present and correct).

EDIT: Word of warning - it’s not suitable for kids with plenty of sexual references, wanking references, and a couple of gruesome deaths in the first two episodes.

10 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Paul Gascgoine is currently on the Italian version of I'm a Celebrity...Apparently he's jumped out of a helicopter and done his shoulder. He doesn't make life easy for himself, does he?

Saw a picture of him doing that the other day, looks a lot healthier to be fair. Put on a bit of weight. 

57 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

The detectives. BBC2 Tuesday 9pm

Stick your line of duty up your arse and get this watched. Last week some batshit gang in Manchester were taxing drug dealers and torturing them with heat guns. 

Yeah, I watched that last week after someone mentioned it in another thread. Brutal bastards. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

The detectives. BBC2 Tuesday 9pm

Stick your line of duty up your arse and get this watched. Last week some batshit gang in Manchester were taxing drug dealers and torturing them with heat guns. 

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Yeah, I watched that last week after someone mentioned it in another thread. Brutal bastards. 

Watching this now, jesus wept. That paris fella is one scary bastard. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Butch said:

Watching this at the moment. It's good and based on a serial killer who also killed Versace, he's a right nut job. Versace house is absolutely amazing. It's on Netflix. 

Yeah really good that. Have you seen the OJ Simpson one they did? Thats 11/10 

Have a look at some of the images of the house here (looks like they've dug up the Versace floor in the courtyard the horrible bastards) 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/The+Villa+Casa+Casuarina+At+The+Former+Versace+Mansion/@25.7819252,-80.1306327,42m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m11!1m2!2m1!1smiami+versace!3m7!1s0x88d9b4921e7d183f:0x96329e8d595f87c3!5m2!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d25.7819611!4d-80.1304999

5 minutes ago, Butch said:

Watching this at the moment. It's good and based on a serial killer who also killed Versace, he's a right nut job. Versace house is absolutely amazing. It's on Netflix. 

Yeah, it's not as good as the first season about the OJ murder trial but it is decent, the guy playing Andrew Cunanan is really good, complete nut job.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah really good that. Have you seen the OJ Simpson one they did? Thats 11/10 

Have a look at some of the images of the house here (looks like they've dug up the Versace floor in the courtyard the horrible bastards) 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/The+Villa+Casa+Casuarina+At+The+Former+Versace+Mansion/@25.7819252,-80.1306327,42m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m11!1m2!2m1!1smiami+versace!3m7!1s0x88d9b4921e7d183f:0x96329e8d595f87c3!5m2!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d25.7819611!4d-80.1304999

Looks like a canopy covering it? The new owner has it like a little hotel with a restaurant. Apparently he put a bath into the floor of the room Madonna stayed in because she doesn't like a shower. 

It's weird looking at ocean drive in the show because I spent a lot of time shooting around there in gta vice City. 

images.jpeg.jpg

• Upvote 1

Does anybody watch 24 Hours in Police Custody on Channel 4? I've only started watching this and it's excellent.

I watched the first one of the new series about a child raping scrote called Barry Dean Price and I'm now working my way back through the previous series.

So far it's been excellent; interesting, informative and infuriating in equal measure.

Also watched The Detectives after seeing a couple of people mention it in this thread, again it was really really good if you like that sort of thing.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Carvalho Diablo said:

Does anybody watch 24 Hours in Police Custody on Channel 4? I've only started watching this and it's excellent.

I watched the first one of the new series about a child raping scrote called Barry Dean Price and I'm now working my way back through the previous series.

So far it's been excellent; interesting, informative and infuriating in equal measure.

Also watched The Detectives after seeing a couple of people mention it in this thread, again it was really really good if you like that sort of thing.

24 hours has been consistently good for years. Loads have disappeared off 4 on demand so I’m assuming they’ve been moved over to Britbox?

On the subject of police TV documentaries with a number in the title (loose connection I know), the American show called ‘The First 48’ is also very good. Different in the sense that every fucker over there gets shot to death but there’s been some really interesting episodes. The show has been controversial down the years too, with wrongful convictions and the producers pressuring the five-O to get results within the first two days. Easy to lose an hour going down the Google rabbit hole reading up on it. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

24 hours has been consistently good for years. Loads have disappeared off 4 on demand so I’m assuming they’ve been moved over to Britbox?

On the subject of police TV documentaries with a number in the title (loose connection I know), the American show called ‘The First 48’ is also very good. Different in the sense that every fucker over there gets shot to death but there’s been some really interesting episodes. The show has been controversial down the years too, with wrongful convictions and the producers pressuring the five-O to get results within the first two days. Easy to lose an hour going down the Google rabbit hole reading up on it. 

Watching it on Fen Kodi.

Just watched the first episode of The Detectives following the recommendations on here. Great if slightly disturbing watch.

Not sure I’d fancy my chances in a bout of fisticuffs with that Paris chap.

It’s fair to say that I’m not cut out for that world, whatever side of the law they’re on. 

8.5/10. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Just watched the first episode of The Detectives following the recommendations on here. Great if slightly disturbing watch.

Not sure I’d fancy my chances in a bout of fisticuffs with that Paris chap.

It’s fair to say that I’m not cut out for that world, whatever side of the law they’re on. 

8.5/10. 

Even if you did somehow manage to batter him, he'd break in your house at 3am and blowtorch your face for revenge.

• Upvote 1