You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Antiques are weird, you can get a rare 300 year piece that various collectors would like and then they tell you it's value and I think my fucking playstation cost more than that. A huge build up and they say its worth 2 to 3 hundred pounds and the person goes "wow" but in their eyes its like they needed to roll any number except a 1 and they roll the 1 which means they now have to work for the rest of their lives. Long shitty hours with horrible people until the day they die and all they had to do was not roll a fucking 1. That's in their eyes for just the briefest moment before they say "we will never sell it we love it" this yellow porcelain chamber pot the size of a fucking donkey.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

Antiques Roadshow. Perfect Sunday teatime telly. 9/10

It was better when they didn't start the programme showing you what's going to be on it and before that smarmy cow  Fiona Bruce.

And what's with her eyebrows?, she looks like a fucking Romulan.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Harry's Lad said:

It was better when they didn't start the programme showing you what's going to be on it and before that smarmy cow  Fiona Bruce.

And what's with her eyebrows?, she looks like a fucking Romulan.

I don’t mind her on Antiques Roadshow but she’s no Hugh Scully or even Michael Aspel. She was ok on Crimewatch as well. I never watch Question Time.

Just now, Tony Moanero said:

I don’t mind her on Antiques Roadshow but she’s no Hugh Scully or even Michael Aspel. She was ok on Crimewatch as well. I never watch Question Time.

Same here, I find her ok on everything bar question time, which I now very rarely watch.

Antiques Roadshow is utter class. The values are one of the less interesting parts of the show. The stories, the experts and the people who come along are where it's at. No doubt its been dumbed down here and there - "what's coming up" is an abomination - but it's still one of only a select few programmes Mr rb14 and I will watch live. I'm not enamoured with Fiona Bruce, but she's OK. Claim to fame, we've met Andy McConnell, the glass expert, and he's absolutely lovely. 

Other than the ludicrous virtue-signalling and box-ticking, Gardeners World is another of the programmes we'll watch live. I want to marry Carole Klein and as for Monty? Oh yes. The cockney wanka bloke Adam Frost has grown on us. A large part of his improved ratings is because he has cats he clearly adores. 

• Upvote 2

Just watched the final episode of Bryan Cranston's risible vanity project, Your Honour (sic), what a turgid faecal utter cunt fest.

You've gone way down in my estimation Cranston son, way down. Never the greatest actor but now he ranks alongside Tommy Wiseau, Tom Cruise and Benny from Crossroads in the pantheon of shitness.  What an egotistical cunt. Probably patting himself on the back and stroking his weasel in expectation of platitudes and rewards from his Tinseltown bum chums.

Fuck them, fuck him, and fuck this shit, kill it with fire and bury it in dogshit.

When Cranston's cunt son took a bullet through his throat right at the end, I laughed. Another fucking uber shitbag.

Absolute abortion of a show, worse than syphilitic haemorrhoids.

1/10 (the 1 being for the extremely pump worthy Carmen Ejogo. In your dreams Cranston you pathetic wrinkly old letch, in your dreams)

• Upvote 6

Behind Her Eyes - Netflix. There are worse shows out there, there are better shows out there. As a British production, it beats most of the BBC/ITV eyeball fodder for the masses but not a patch on the TV  for the connoiseur. 6/10. The last episode is batshit crazy, with a Stephen King style twist.

7 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Behind Her Eyes - Netflix. There are worse shows out there, there are better shows out there. As a British production, it beats most of the BBC/ITV eyeball fodder for the masses but not a patch on the TV  for the connoiseur. 6/10. The last episode is batshit crazy, with a Stephen King style twist.

Yeah, I thought similar about it, although it's one of the few things I've binged watched recently. As for the ending, I think I was expecting something like that, which was kind of what was drawing me in - all along I felt there was something not right going on. But yeah 6/10 for me.too, maybe 6.5 because it is kind of bingey which makes a bit of a change at the moment. 

18 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Just watched the final episode of Bryan Cranston's risible vanity project, Your Honour (sic), what a turgid faecal utter cunt fest.

You've gone way down in my estimation Cranston son, way down. Never the greatest actor but now he ranks alongside Tommy Wiseau, Tom Cruise and Benny from Crossroads in the pantheon of shitness.  What an egotistical cunt. Probably patting himself on the back and stroking his weasel in expectation of platitudes and rewards from his Tinseltown bum chums.

Fuck them, fuck him, and fuck this shit, kill it with fire and bury it in dogshit.

When Cranston's cunt son took a bullet through his throat right at the end, I laughed. Another fucking uber shitbag.

Absolute abortion of a show, worse than syphilitic haemorrhoids.

1/10 (the 1 being for the extremely pump worthy Carmen Ejogo. In your dreams Cranston you pathetic wrinkly old letch, in your dreams)

Good job i had no intention of watching this...

ZeroZeroZero - the first five episodes were easily amongst the best things i've ever seen, it was that good. The pace slackened a little bit in the episode where it was solely set in Mexico and Manuel was mooching about with the wife of his ex-colleague, but still, overall, what a series. Taut interweaving storylines, glorious cinematography, interesting characterisaton, amazing Mogwai soundtrack, what's not to like? Get it watched if you haven't already, and if you have, watch it again

9/10 

• Upvote 1

I watched the first two episodes of Your Honour last night and I thought it looked very good. Looking forward to seeing how it pans out. 

Its also got Tony Curran in who has managed to look almost the same age as he was in Ultimate Force that he did 20 years ago

Your-Honor-Tony-Curran.jpg

75680.jpg

Another vote for Antiques Roadshow here! I think there is something to be said for a show that has been on telly for my entire lifespan (and I'm 41!)

It's weird, I hated it when I was a kid because it was Sunday evening and the music to me signalled the end of the weekend, and usually time to leave my nan and grandad's to go home. The same with the music to Howard's Way which signalled bedtime on a Sunday night (although that was shit).

And now here I am watching it quite regularly. Anyway I'm rambling.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I watched the first two episodes of Your Honour last night and I thought it looked very good. Looking forward to seeing how it pans out. 

Its also got Tony Curran in who has managed to look almost the same age as he was in Ultimate Force that he did 20 years ago

Your-Honor-Tony-Curran.jpg

75680.jpg

For me this show goes down hill very quickly. It's a shame, as it looked full of possibility with a decent cast. 

On 14/03/2021 at 01:03, rb14 said:

In other news, halfway through When They See Us on Netflix. Predictably distressing and utterly disgusting. 9/10 and rising. Those poor boys. And their poor families and friends. Fuck. 

We finished it yesterday. The final episode was really difficult. I've said it before, you can judge a country by how it treats its elderly and how it treats its prisoners.

One thing is for sure, we absolutely COULD NOT BEAR that fucking Oprah interview that's also available. Jesuschristonabike what a disgrace. Yeah right Oprah, you're the right person to do the interview, that's the right format, it's a perfect forum and absolutely gives a proper voice to these men and does justice to this terrible miscarriage of justice. Hang on, no, that's not right. No. It really really doesn't do ANY of those things At all. 

It did make me press Mr rb14 to start the ball rolling on collating all the relevant bits of one of his finest moments; an unbelievable case he took on some years ago. Another apalling miscarriage of justice needless to say. It's got a Netflix-type series written all over it. I don't care whether that's where it goes; it's worth doing just to stick on YouTube, or better yet, a YouTube-esque platform.

Just watching Pilgrimage: Road To Istanbul on BBC2. 

A handful of "celebrities" of different faiths/lack of faith join up to hike half of the Ottoman era Sultan's Trail, from Belgrade to Istanbul. They take in different religions and cultures and historic sites of past clashes between religions. 

Twenty minutes in and it's quite interesting. 

10 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Just watching Pilgrimage: Road To Istanbul on BBC2. 

A handful of "celebrities" of different faiths/lack of faith join up to hike half of the Ottoman era Sultan's Trail, from Belgrade to Istanbul. They take in different religions and cultures and historic sites of past clashes between religions. 

Twenty minutes in and it's quite interesting. 

Have they started on the Efes yet?