You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man United Vs Liverpool

WhiskeyJar

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The respect for Rodgers from the majority of the Mancs on the site linked a few pages ago is an awesome thing. I think they appreciate him more than many of our fans did until recently.

It's amazing how far we've come in 18 months seeing the speed and energy the team possesses. Not just credit to the manager but for a number of those players as well, like your Flanagan's, Sterling's and Henderson's who were written off not too long ago yet have since worked relentlessly in adapting to what the manager wants. Rodgers has set very high standards and we're now playing a very good level of football.

This was a massive game and it's indicative that Rodgers trusted the likes of Flanagan ahead of more experienced pros.

They didn't let him down in any way whatsoever.

Major Tom

Has no spaceship

Joined: Sep 9, 2012Messages: 5,100Location: Inbetween this dimension and the next.

Who cares who wins the league if it isn't us? Don't care one iota what team does what if it doesn't involve us. Keep your own house in order and nothing more.

This was in the post-match thread on Redcafe.  Same posting style? Same contrary opinion?  

Can't be, can it?

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

This was in the post-match thread on Redcafe. Same posting style? Same contrary opinion?

Can't be, can it?

He supports everyone. He wins everything every season.

• Upvote 2

5 wins on the spin now. 18 goals scored in those games. We are genuine contenders who have the weight of the neutral behind us.I don't know if that means anything but i like the idea. The make up of the team is great credit to the manager who has brought out the best in the pups as well as the captain and eventually the back 4 who have kept a couple of clean sheets at places we expected to concede.

Big thing also was the strength off the bench which is something we need for us to  kick on and compete.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Although our remaining away games look ok we cant get ahead of ourselves-its just the next games to focus on getting the right attitude,preparation and intensity.

Whilst we are definitely going to lose against Cardiff, we just need to do what the captain said and realise its a really tough game against a side trying to stay in the league.

not seen any comments on his performance but thought Johnson looked someway back to his best and had his best game for a while today

He was a beast today just barging players off the ball with his strength and he can still play better.

An on form fit Johnson back for us in the run in is a big boost as he brings things to the team that flanno and cissokho do not.

Still can't quite get over the gulf in class between the sides. It looked like we'd been transported back to 1995 and a big European side had come across to give the mancs a spanking. It really was effortless.

I'm still in denial about the possibility of you know what. I'm just enjoying looking at the table and it looking reasonably safe now that we'll qualify for the CL next season.

not seen any comments on his performance but thought Johnson looked someway back to his best and had his best game for a while today

Thought the same myself. They produced nothing from that side of the pitch and he had some great runs forward as well. Looking like his old self.

I thought Rodgers would take Sterling off and put Lucas on - to consolidate. But he was still thinking of attacking. 

I thought he was gonna take flanagan off and out sterling to full back.

not that flanagan had a bad game just thought with the yellow card he might have been worried