You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

it seemed pretty clear he had considered it last summer and basically left it to the club to decide. fortunately, it was late in the window, so we held on. 

All the noise was coming from the rapey Saudis. I don’t think Mo has any interest going.

Just now, LFC 6 Times said:

All the noise was coming from the rapey Saudis. I don’t think Mo has any interest going.

i know there was lots of noise from that direction. i was pretty sure the journos around the club all pretty much said Mo would go if Liverpool wanted it and the club didn't want it. 

23 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

I think Mo’s too serious a player/person to consider Saudi at this point in his career. He still has 3-4 years at the very top.

This. It's become apparent (if it wasn't already) that the Saudi league is a circus. 

The man will want to add to his personal achievements (i.e. goals) and trophy haul. Serious trophies and meaningful achievements. He's got at least two good seasons left in his legs, he won't want to be doing that in front of a dozen Arabs and their camels. 

He'll stay with us, or he'll go to another big European club in Spain or maybe back to Italy. 

Code's all time Liverpool XI

MO

MO          MO            MO           MO

MO      MO       MO        MO      MO

MO

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Reina

Code        Code            Code           Code

MO      Code       Lucas        Code      Code

Code

Fixed

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

it seemed pretty clear he had considered it last summer and basically left it to the club to decide. fortunately, it was late in the window, so we held on. 

You believed those headlines? I believe those headlines as much as I believe Grimm's Fairy Tales aka BBC News.

14 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You believed those headlines? I believe those headlines as much as I believe Grimm's Fairy Tales aka BBC News.

i reckon he would have been happy to go had LFC wanted the 100m. as it happens LFC didn't want the 100m and he was just as happy to stay. i am sure he wants to break more records here, but he'll get over it if he becomes the highest paid footballer ever. 

1 hour ago, KMD7 said:

MO

ME          ME            ME           MO

ME      ME       ME        ME      ME

ME

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Fixed

^^^

• Upvote 1

On 03/01/2024 at 11:29, VladimirIlyich said:

South America has it's (more(?)) prestigious championships during most of it's continent's winter. Why is Africa so special given how little of a fuck anybody cares about it most of the time anyway?

Basically, January and February are like "winter months" in many African countries. In West Africa where the AFCON is taking place from next week, this time of the year is the most conducive because the weather is dry.

If the tournament were to be held in the "summer months" of June/July, that would be the peak of the rainy season with numerous floods and thunderstorms. Not ideal for playing football. The weather system of the host country essentially determines what time of the year it is hosted. 2019 AFCON was held in June and July for that reason. And 2025 edition would also be in June and July.

There is no way anyone can convince me it is right that we stand to potentially lose the services of a key man like Salah for weeks during the season.

Same for any other players at other clubs too.

It just does not sit right - these players are the clubs employees - paid a fortune and very expensively acquired and here we are potentially chasing the league title and potentially facing up to 6 weeks without Salah whilst be goes off to play in an international tournament.....just not right in my view and it needs sorting in future.

8 hours ago, an tha said:

There is no way anyone can convince me it is right that we stand to potentially lose the services of a key man like Salah for weeks during the season.

Same for any other players at other clubs too.

It just does not sit right - these players are the clubs employees - paid a fortune and very expensively acquired and here we are potentially chasing the league title and potentially facing up to 6 weeks without Salah whilst be goes off to play in an international tournament.....just not right in my view and it needs sorting in future.

as i mentioned previously, some clubs are losing 6 or 7 players this month. A quarter of their squad for potential 5 or 6 weeks. it's insane. you've got blues claiming their 10 point deduction for cheating brings in to question the integrity of the competition. yet I can't see them complaining much about this as der redshite lose salah for a month. the damage this does to the integrity of the league is outrageous. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

as i mentioned previously, some clubs are losing 6 or 7 players this month. A quarter of their squad for potential 5 or 6 weeks. it's insane. you've got blues claiming their 10 point deduction for cheating brings in to question the integrity of the competition. yet I can't see them complaining much about this as der redshite lose salah for a month. the damage this does to the integrity of the league is outrageous. 

It's every two years aswell isn't it. 

It's hard to complain about Salah he is never injured so I'm happy to let him do his international stint and  be available almost every single time. Players who are in and out though and play these tournaments mid season best off just looking elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Agree 100%

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It's every two years aswell isn't it. 

It's hard to complain about Salah he is never injured so I'm happy to let him do his international stint and  be available almost every single time. Players who are in and out though and play these tournaments mid season best off just looking elsewhere.

AFCON is yes, luckily the Asia cup is not. it's a double fuck you this time. sides are losing some cracking players, which get highlighted like us with Salah and Spurs with Son. But other teams are losing lots of lower profile players, who are no less important to them, maybe in some cases more so, as they don't have the quality in depth we have. 

in the next round of matches, forest play brentford, which could well end up playing a part in relegation. i think i read they're losing 10 players between them - although one or two don't play often. we play bournmouth soon and while the talk will be about salah, they are missing semenyo, who i think has been great for them since they hit form. and aside from the impact on results, so then the integrity of the league, we all want to watch our best players perform. it's the whole idea of the sport. yet, we will be having these match ups with loads of players fucking about oversees representing people who don't pay their wages.