You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

Why would social services be interested in a messy house?

Because what was described sounds potentially harmful, particularly a very young child.

Consenting adults can choose to live this way, children have no such choice

• Upvote 1

No sure. Seen the department involved on the email chains but nothing more than that and I don't want to look a douche reporting it as a tip. I'll leave all that to the powers that be and complain about the muck on here.

It must have been pretty bad for you to have complained about it on here.

You made it sound squalid and that can amount to neglect and may cause harm if the child's not walking and is at ground level to the animal hair, the animal's food, the cigarette smoke. The child is disadvantaged already having a disability; wouldn't you want them to have the best care that could be provided for them

It must have been pretty bad for you to have complained about it on here.

You made it sound squalid and that can amount to neglect and may cause harm if the child's not walking and is at ground level to the animal hair, the animal's food, the cigarette smoke. The child is disadvantaged already having a disability; wouldn't you want them to have the best care that could be provided for them

I've had the 'pleasure' of social services involved in my contact case so its not something I'd get into lightly. The place is getting fully remodeled to accommodate an internal lift and hoists so there are changes afoot. They've got professionals helping too so its best not to ruffle feathers I'd say.

They should send a 'health visitor' round, one comes round mine every couple of weeks to ask my wife what I do for a living.Nosey fucking twats.

That surprises me, getting home visits. They must be worried about her. Or more likely, you're the only family on his/her books where their feet don't stick to the floor when they go in and they just need a bit of respite

I've had the 'pleasure' of social services involved in my contact case so its not something I'd get into lightly. The place is getting fully remodeled to accommodate an internal lift and hoists so there are changes afoot. They've got professionals helping too so its best not to ruffle feathers I'd say.

Apologies. You'll wish you'd never said a thing now

Unsubstantiated rumors along the lines of "a 12 year old was walking to school and a white van pulled up with 2 asian men in who tried to get her into the van but she ran away.  Police have been informed" being shared about 200 times on facebook.

It reeks of mindless bigotry and the majority of the time when the police are asked if there has been anything reported they say they've never heard of it yet people just lap it up like idiotic-hounds drinking from a bowl of scandal-milk. 

It's like when someone is "outed" as John Venebles "HE'S BIN LIVIN IN WIGAN AN HASN'T DENIED IT" and people sent me texts with this lads street, full name and a photo.  Just fuck off you spastics. 

• Upvote 1

I'm 37 in a couple of weeks & I can't grow a fucking beard, I've not had a shave for a week & a half because of this cold sore on my lip & I look like a 15 year old you would see hanging about in a shopping centre.

Every man should be able to go through an 'Abbey Road phase' & I'm never going to be able to.

French bastards.

• Upvote 2

My beard is just getting to the start of the fucked up out of control look. Ill be looking like either a neanderthal or a hobo mountain man within a month. By the autumnit should be a full Brett Keisel level of manliness. Only jet black in colour and im 5'8 180lb not 6'5 285lb

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good times.

• Upvote 1

I'm 37 in a couple of weeks & I can't grow a fucking beard, I've not had a shave for a week & a half because of this cold sore on my lip & I look like a 15 year old you would see hanging about in a shopping centre.

Every man should be able to go through an 'Abbey Road phase' & I'm never going to be able to.

French bastards.

Not only can I grow a decent beard, when I do its got a fair amount of grey in it. Makes me look hard as fuck and distinguished with it.

Total facade, obviously.

• Upvote 1