You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mancs away match thread.

moof

Thought we were the better team for long periods but gave away another really poor goal from a corner and kept messing up our final ball when in promising positions. Still it was an improvement over most of our recent trips to Old Trafford where the entire team usually collectively seem to forget how to play football and it was certainly a lot better than Saturday. Frustrating night and it's been a shit week and really need to go and get a win at Sunderland on Sunday now or that good start to the season will have been completely undone.

It's hilarious some of the excuses people make. What has being on the right got to do with the inability to hit a shot on target or find a team-mate with a pass, two things Jordan Horrenderson seems to struggle with every single game?

What is he exactly? I'd play him at right back just because he's hopeless at anything besides running.

You're not even trying now...

Even though we went out of a competition losing to the Mancs I was a lot more pissed at that abortion of a game against Southampton on Saturday. We were the better team tonight and the side had a decent balance about it. If we play like that every game we wont lose too many .

Saturday Rodgers fucked up royally and we got exactly what we deserved.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It's hilarious some of the excuses people make. What has being on the right got to do with the inability to hit a shot on target or find a team-mate with a pass, two things Jordan Horrenderson seems to struggle with every single game?

What is he exactly? I'd play him at right back just because he's hopeless at anything besides running.

Are you hard of reading? I was replying to a specific points. Dave, pull up the drawbridge, mate.

Shitters to lose, but once Suarez and Sturridge are 100% fit, Moses kicks on and Coutinho comes back I think we'll be alright. We were OK today with a front 3 that hadn't played together and two clearly weren't as fit as they could be. 

Probably our best performance of the season even though we lost and we gave away a shit goal. Other than that I don't think they troubled us that much.

This.

Can't fault the effort but the quality still isn't there. Central midfield needs an overhaul. Full backs need an overhaul too. God knows what's happened to defending and attacking as a unit also. Our set up and tactics has led to players being really isolated with and without the ball far too much in every game this season.

Can't fault the effort but the quality still isn't there. Central midfield needs an overhaul. Full backs need an overhaul too. God knows what's happened to defending and attacking as a unit also. Our set up and tactics has led to players being really isolated with and without the ball far too much in every game this season.

Aye. Central defence and in attack we have more quality and better cover than before the summer. Probably a better goalie also. Main focus in the next windows should be central midfield where we need one player to go straight in and improve the team. In addition a new right back to challenge Johnson as first choice.

Even though we went out of a competition losing to the Mancs I was a lot more pissed at that abortion of a game against Southampton on Saturday. We were the better team tonight and the side had a decent balance about it. If we play like that every game we wont lose too many .

Saturday Rodgers fucked up royally and we got exactly what we deserved.

Sums it up well.

I rather liked the 3-4-1-2 experiment.  Get Johnson back on that right side, Cissokho on the left and I think it makes good use of the players we have as it allows all of them to play in their best positions.

We'll still be a much better side when we have our own Yaya Toure in midfield, mind.  That Lucas-Gerrard pairing will be the death of us.

A bit more encouraged by tonight's second half performance. Hopefully can kick on with it but have to say Gerrard needs to ditch England as he just doesn't have the engine anymore to do both. He's been coasting since getting back from international duty and with no sign of him being benched we are in essence asking Lucas to cover a lot more yards and hence make more mistakes.

We really should be beating Utd`s second string but we didn`t play to bad I suppose. The final ball/touch/shot consistently fucked us up though.

I quite liked the system but as with any system it`s only as good as it`s weakest component which brings us once again to central midfield. It worries me greatly that we`re relying on what I think is one of the weakest midfields in the division. Apart from a spell midway in the first half when Lucas won a few balls and made a few good passes, the engine room spluttered along in it`s usual ineffective fashion. It puts little pressure on opposition possession and creates very little for our forwards, if we have  to rely on what we have long term then I think we`re in trouble. Gerrard looks almost totally spent.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wri-eCPc3Io

At least that was better than Saturday.  United are shit though, and we were worse.  Can we please jib Lucas now.  Sterling's shit Chuck Berry impression when running is doing my head in as well. Get Henderson in the Lucas role, where his lack of bottle will cause less of a problem.  Our new CB is nothing if not entertaining.  I think he'll be fine once he gets used to the English game and the round globe thing that we kick about.