You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Moses expects defenders to part like the red sea. But they don't.

Somebody needs to tell him that even God Fowler wouldn't try to chip

Were we even in for him? Or Delafeu - Martinez said there was a long list of suitors for him.

I think we should have been in for Lukaku, rather than another 2nd rate winger, and if his issue with Mourinho is unresolvable we could do worse than trying to take him permanently in the summer. It would be a twofor as we'd split him from the bitters at the same time

Chelsea allowed Moses to go out on loan to us, I don't think Lukaku would have had the same chance. Mourinho knows what he's getting with Lukaku who is still a teenager and will probably be exceptional. As for Moses, Mourinho isn't worried about Moses leaving the club on loan - or permanently - since he has much better quality in Oscar and Hazard. Moses is therefore surplus. A 20-goal man he's not.

I find it hard to believe that quite a few on here are having a go at 17-18 year old players, & they're wages,players who are only just starting out in the game & yet, experienced Internationals & 1 of the best payed players (Johnson)at the club seems to get away Scott free, this fella is taking the piss big time, his attitude fuckin stinks, casual as you like, but hey, he's good going forward don't ya know.

I find it hard to believe that quite a few on here are having a go at 17-18 year old players, & they're wages,players who are only just starting out in the game & yet, experienced Internationals & 1 of the best payed players (Johnson)at the club seems to get away Scott free, this fella is taking the piss big time, his attitude fuckin stinks, casual as you like, but hey, he's good going forward don't ya know.

Scapegoat Johnson has been one of our better performers over the last couple of seasons and started this one very welll, he had a nasty injury against United and hasn't really been the same since.  I think it's unfair to give him stick.

Moses was by no means the worst on Sunday

He seemd the only guys able to ahndle himself physically and was the only one of the midfielders providing any kind of a link between defence and attack

Johnson, Lucas, Sterling, Toure and Gerrard performed considerably worse than Moses

He needs to be given a run of games

When Johnson is on form he is one of the best fullbacks going. He is in a slump rather than being shit. There's a difference.

Very long slump.

The problem with Johnson is he might able to be great but there's little point having a player capable of being excellent if he follows it up with 3-4 dire games.  Arbeloa was better for us, as was Finnan, despite never having a game as good as Johnson's best ones.

• Upvote 1

I think it is a pattern. Away at a small team, Johnson can't be bothered.

If Flanno keeps it up, I would put him at right back when Enrique is back, and see how Johnson reacts. At Chelsea, his reaction was to move away, but he is too old for that now. Damn it, why not move Flanno to right back now if the opposition is strong on that side, so he gets the message that he is now the weaker of our flexible full-backs until he pulls his socks up.

How many goals has Johnson been culpable for in the last couple years? Quite a few I reckon, if it was anyone else they'd get get loads of stick but this man seems immune to it, it's not the fact that he's had a bad last couple of games it his seemingly 'couldn't give a fuck attitude' which I find hard to take. Lucas for one gets an awful lot of abuse, but when his midfield partners aren't really doing it & you have Johnson going AWOL a lot of the time, Lucas is coming under so much pressure he's having to put fires out everywhere & he can't do it on his own. Swap Mascherano for Lucas in this side & even he would struggle. IMO, if we had a solid RB ( & LB for that matter!) our midfield would improve & would be able play to further up the pitch.

• Upvote 4

How many goals has Johnson been culpable for in the last couple years? Quite a few I reckon, if it was anyone else they'd get get loads of stick but this man seems immune to it, it's not the fact that he's had a bad last couple of games it his seemingly 'couldn't give a fuck attitude' which I find hard to take. Lucas for one gets an awful lot of abuse, but when his midfield partners aren't really doing it & you have Johnson going AWOL a lot of the time, Lucas is coming under so much pressure he's having to put fires out everywhere & he can't do it on his own. Swap Mascherano for Lucas in this side & even he would struggle. IMO, if we had a solid RB ( & LB for that matter!) our midfield would improve & would be able play to further up the pitch.

Spot on. Reached quota for repping apparently.

Great post and very refreshing to read. So many narrow minded fans who think our problems start and finish in midfield.

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

People are very naive if they put down the goals conceded when glen is forward to him, he is an outstanding attacking fullback and is clearly being encouraged to get forward at every chance possible.Seeing as this is the case Im sure someone has been asigned the responsibility to get in  his position and cover him when he does go forward.

Glen is the best full back we have had in the prem era and only when hes gone will fans appreciate how good he is.

On moses he is better then I thought he was and is a good prem winger which is making me think what winger can we possibly get whos going to dislodge henderson.

Be interesting to see how effective Johnson is if Sterling is going to start games on the right wing. He by no means had a bad game against Spurs, no-one did, but Sterling was often occupying the space that Johnson would usually attack.

Good, overlapping wingers/full backs is something we haven't had in a long time.  I'd like to see Moses given a game as an out and out right winger though.  I think he has a lot to offer in this role, he's not a player with enough technical ability to play from the left or down the middle.

People are very naive if they put down the goals conceded when glen is forward to him, he is an outstanding attacking fullback and is clearly being encouraged to get forward at every chance possible.Seeing as this is the case Im sure someone has been asigned the responsibility to get in  his position and cover him when he does go forward.

Glen is the best full back we have had in the prem era and only when hes gone will fans appreciate how good he is.

On moses he is better then I thought he was and is a good prem winger which is making me think what winger can we possibly get whos going to dislodge henderson.

Agree with the top and middle part, but we don't need a winger to dislodge Henderson.  He should have been and always should be played down the middle.  He's wasted on the wing.