You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

For me it is pretty simple.

If the club has any ambition whatsoever then Luis Suarez does not leave this summer, regardless of fee, regardless of his wishes, regardless of the media.

He is a world class talent, no matter what money we raise having Luis in the team is far more valuable. It's going to nigh on impossible to sign top class players this summer without European football.

Fuck the money, we are better off with him. The club do not have to sell him, they are not bound to sell him. If we have a shred of ambition or a pair of bollocks about us then we have to stand firm, reject everything out of hand, and make the statement that Luis Suarez will not be leaving Liverpool Football Club this summer under any circumstances.

Agree with all of this but the question remains what does Suarez want to do?

It's going to very difficult and impractical to keep him if he wants to leave.

For me it is pretty simple.

If the club has any ambition whatsoever then Luis Suarez does not leave this summer, regardless of fee, regardless of his wishes, regardless of the media.

He is a world class talent, no matter what money we raise having Luis in the team is far more valuable. It's going to nigh on impossible to sign top class players this summer without European football.

Fuck the money, we are better off with him. The club do not have to sell him, they are not bound to sell him. If we have a shred of ambition or a pair of bollocks about us then we have to stand firm, reject everything out of hand, and make the statement that Luis Suarez will not be leaving Liverpool Football Club this summer under any circumstances.

I agree with you. United did it with Ronaldo and Rooney. City with Tevez.

I seriously can't see arsenal going to 50m for him but I was surprised they went to 40,it looks like they are serious and I'm starting to think its likely we could get player coming opposite direction.

They have 2 good rws in Walcott and chamberlain and are supposedly after Bernard aswell, I'd be happy to take either of the two in exchange.

I think arsenal have bigger issues and don't see Suarez being the missing link for them, they have same problem as us where they are not clinical in games where they control games and create lots of chances.

think higuain would have been better fit for them and we shouldn't have to rely on other teams being weak for us to get top 4, if arsenal don't sign Suarez they are going to get another top player spending that kind of money so I'm not bothered him going there.He wants Madrid and if he goes arse he'll be causing them the same problems next summer,after Torres going to Chelsea and hearing his interview when there Suarez at arsenal doesn't bother me.

I disagree mate. After the storm settles and the football starts it will all soon be forgotten. If it means putting an extra few K on his wages then so be it, not that I believ he is about the money for one second.

The moral argument doesn't wash for me. We are in far too desperate a situation to be doing the right thing morally and ethically for the player and the club. All this 'you don't keep an unhappy player' lark just doesn't cut it. It's about being practical and pragmatic. The club have been hovering just above mid table for 5 years now, sailing very close to falling in to obscurity. Luis Suarez represents our best footballing chance of dragging ourselves closer towards the Champions League which whether people like it or not, is the be all and end all in modern football.

We simply tell the player he isn't going anywhere this summer. If next summer comes and he still wants off its a different story, but for the next 12monyhs he will be a Liverpool player whether he likes it or not. He can take that how he wants, I personally happen to think that when the football starts he will be out there giving 100% like usual because that's the kind of lad he is.

Brendan has been quick to give it the no player is bigger than the club, talk, and standing up and telling Luis that he will be staying this season for the good of the club is the best way of putting that talk in to action.

This wasnt a rant at your sorry pal, just my general ranting about the whole situation!

I've got a feeling that if we keep Suarez, he will probably score about half the goals he did last season. I don't think he'll sulk outright but I think his performance will dip if we keep him whilst still at a high level. The same way that Ronaldo did in his last season at Man Utd. Therefore, if we can get a genuinely class proven goalscorer, I'd take the money. However, finding that goal scorer is the question.

I disagree mate. After the storm settles and the football starts it will all soon be forgotten. If it means putting an extra few K on his wages then so be it, not that I believ he is about the money for one second.

The moral argument doesn't wash for me. We are in far too desperate a situation to be doing the right thing morally and ethically for the player and the club. All this 'you don't keep an unhappy player' lark just doesn't cut it. It's about being practical and pragmatic. The club have been hovering just above mid table for 5 years now, sailing very close to falling in to obscurity. Luis Suarez represents our best footballing chance of dragging ourselves closer towards the Champions League which whether people like it or not, is the be all and end all in modern football.

We simply tell the player he isn't going anywhere this summer. If next summer comes and he still wants off its a different story, but for the next 12monyhs he will be a Liverpool player whether he likes it or not. He can take that how he wants, I personally happen to think that when the football starts he will be out there giving 100% like usual because that's the kind of lad he is.

Brendan has been quick to give it the no player is bigger than the club, talk, and standing up and telling Luis that he will be staying this season for the good of the club is the best way of putting that talk in to action.

This wasnt a rant at your sorry pal, just my general ranting about the whole situation!

Nah it's not a rant mate it's a good post and I honestly hope for all of the reasons you mentioned that we do keep him and I hope that you're right.

Until a transfer request appears which is something he has said he wouldn't do and he wouldn't push for a move away from here either. It could turnout to be we wont take less than £55 million for him even if he handed in a request. Or it means he is leaving up to the club if a big offer came in for him and they liked the bid and he liked the club then he could leave.

As it is without a statement of some sort from us it dosent help us fans at all and it only makes it look like he could be off to.

I haven't even mentally acknowledged that Arsenal are even a serious contender for his signature, thats how ludicrous these bids are. The 1 pound extra just shows exactly the kind of bullshit that's going down. It'll go up in 10,000 pound increments from now on, just create a software that instantly sends Arsenal a rejection letter after every lodged bid, it'll save time.

I haven't even mentally acknowledged that Arsenal are even a serious contender for his signature, thats how ludicrous these bids are. The 1 pound extra just shows exactly the kind of bullshit that's going down. It'll go up in 10,000 pound increments from now on, just create a software that instantly sends Arsenal a rejection letter after every lodged bid, it'll save time.

We should have a Darth Vader "noooooooooooooo" button.

I find it pretty astonishing that arsenal seem to be the main team after Suarez, I'm more incredulous that Suarez would actually want to go there. He must have no ambition whatsoever as arsenal won't win shit. It would be such a betrayal if Luis did fuck off there. We should tell arsenal it's £40m + Wilshere otherwise fuck off.

Turned down flat by the club . Even funnier as Arsenal fans think they can now talk to him I mean seriously, what player would have a clause saying at x amount my club can refuse the bid but they must inform me of the bid.

What is the point I mean if it said a bid of x amount is received by the club then if wanted to leave then I could. That is what it would of said.

I seriously can't see arsenal going to 50m for him but I was surprised they went to 40,it looks like they are serious and I'm starting to think its likely we could get player coming opposite direction.

They have 2 good rws in Walcott and chamberlain and are supposedly after Bernard aswell, I'd be happy to take either of the two in exchange.

I think arsenal have bigger issues and don't see Suarez being the missing link for them, they have same problem as us where they are not clinical in games where they control games and create lots of chances.

think higuain would have been better fit for them and we shouldn't have to rely on other teams being weak for us to get top 4, if arsenal don't sign Suarez they are going to get another top player spending that kind of money so I'm not bothered him going there.He wants Madrid and if he goes arse he'll be causing them the same problems next summer,after Torres going to Chelsea and hearing his interview when there Suarez at arsenal doesn't bother me.

What, you would take them two English overhyped one dimensional shite merchants for the 3rd best player on the planet???

Oh sorry didnt read the username, almost thought you was a real person. Carry on.

What, you would take them two English overhyped one dimensional shite merchants for the 3rd best player on the planet???

Oh sorry didnt read the username, almost thought you was a real person. Carry on.

Obviously with at least 30-40m on top, chamberlain is not one dimensional, he is a very good footballer who can play multiple positions.

calm down guys luis is going nowhere, he is on a wind up of his own, sending the media round in circles and probably loving it, call it a little payback time.

I wouldn't sell to arsenal for 100 million. I'd rather we made a loss to a club abroad than lose one of our very best players to fucking arsenal. Any English club even we can't repeat the Torres shit it makes the club seem small time and unambitious ill be fucking livid with the club if he's sold to arsenal.

I wouldn't sell to arsenal for 100 million. I'd rather we made a loss to a club abroad than lose one of our very best players to fucking arsenal. Any English club even we can't repeat the Torres shit it makes the club seem small time and unambitious ill be fucking livid with the club if he's sold to arsenal.

I'd rather sell him to Real Madrid for 1 pence. Seriously.

If that bid of £40 million plus £1 is correct then it points to a release clause. There is noway in hell this clause is one saying if a club matches it than we can turn that bid down but must inform the player. That is total bollocks and it is highly more likely to be one meaning Luis can speak and move to a club who activate it.

None of this turning the offer down or us saying £55 million bullshit washes over this. If that bid is correct they have sparked a clause allowing Luis to talk to a club and leave if he wants.

The contract he signed last August would of had this in and means we did not expect at all how he would play last season and hence the £40 million clause.

Yes folks the club are trying everything in there power to try to rectify another spectacular fuck up of monumental proportions and using a variation as to the clauses meaning. We haven't a leg to stand on trying to pull that one.

It also explains the no transfer request up to a point as well.

If that bid of £40 million plus £1 is correct then it points to a release clause. There is noway in hell this clause is one saying if a club matches it than we can turn that bid down but must inform the player. That is total bollocks and it is highly more likely to be one meaning Luis can speak and move to a club who activate it.

None of this turning the offer down or us saying £55 million bullshit washes over this. If that bid is correct they have sparked a clause allowing Luis to talk to a club and leave if he wants.

The contract he signed last August would of had this in and means we did not expect at all how he would play last season and hence the £40 million clause.

Yes folks the club are trying everything in there power to try to rectify another spectacular fuck up of monumental proportions and using a variation as to the clauses meaning. We haven't a leg to stand on trying to pull that one.

It also explains the no transfer request up to a point as well.

A shrewd post.

I agree with the view that Suarez is worth hanging onto whatever fee is offered for him, but if a player wants to go, and there is a viable option for him, things become difficult.

This 40 million figure has been floating around since Xmas when his agent came over. Always thought there was something in it, although it's pretty clear us and the player are hoping Real Madrid come in. Be interesting to see what Suarez and his agent do next, transfer request maybe!. Or sit and wait for a better team to come in.

I wonder if the terms of the buyout are, he has to put a transfer request for it to be accepted but he wouldn't do that until he has heard how much wages and what Arsenal's plans are ie if they really have money to spend and get them challenging for a title and in Europe.

Edited by TheHitman