You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thatcher.

thompsonsnose

It was a picture of footballers on a football forum. Not sure why that needs "explaining".

I can see now that the issue here is that you are really quite dense, and you didn't realise the guff about courage, strength and indefatigability was what Galloway said about Saddam Hussein.

If George Galloway described Saddam as such, why would he describe Thatcher in the same way? Where's the funny? That Galloway admired Saddam but despised Thatcher makes him a fool to you?

It's a picture of former Liverpool players on England duty standing alongside Thatcher. What was the point of posting it? You big coalition supporter.

You really are quite naive.

Publicity-shy JJBhelan has this to say:

BBC Sport - Margaret Thatcher: Dave Whelan calls for minute's silence

"We owe Mrs Thatcher a minute's silence," Whelan told BBC Sport.

"It is not my decision, it is for the FA to decide, but I would be in favour of wearing an armband out of respect to Mrs Thatcher," Whelan said. "We have to say thank you very much for the services the former PM has given us."

"Mrs Thatcher was a very, very special lady and a very special prime minister," he said.

"After Winston Churchill, we have probably had two or three really good PMs and she was definitely one of those. I only met her once and I just thought she was a fantastic lady, the country could do with another lady, another PM who can do what she did. We shall sadly miss her."

And

And Whelan said he could not understand why large sections of the population, especially in the North of England, did not want to mark her death.

"I can't really, no. She took on the mining unions, whether they were right or whether they were wrong, it's history now. She took them on and took them on for the good of the country," he added.

Manchester United opted not to have a one-minute's silence prior to Monday's derby defeat by Manchester City and Whelan, who was travelling back from a holiday in Barbados at the time, said he disagreed with that view.

"I think that's wrong. The politicians, you get them on the left or on the right, when they are PM, they are PM. They are acting for our country, representing our country with politics on one side. Whoever it is, whatever political views they have, I would always support the PM. To have no recognition of Mrs Thatcher last night is not right and very disrespectful."

Followed by this nugget from Dick Tracey:

Margaret Thatcher's former sports minister, Richard Tracey, also disagreed with the decision to not have a minute's silence at Old Trafford.

He told BBC Radio 5 live: "Frankly I think it's rather cheap that they decided not to show any sort of respect for her, because, to be honest, she did really deliver what football is today, particularly with the Taylor report, and the all-seater stadia. Football was in a bad way when she was prime minister, and we saw all the changes in her time, and they should pay tribute to that."

You called me a Thatcher-loving cunt. I am in no way Thatcher-loving, and I would argue strenuously that I'm not a cunt either.

Pillock. That's what you are.

I don't know why but that got me laughing, SD. It might have had to do with the fact that it looks like you are more offended about being called a Thatcher-Lover than a cunt! Not sure if that was intentional on your part?

"It is not my decision, it is for the FA to decide, but I would be in favour of wearing an armband out of respect to Mrs Thatcher," Whelan said. "We have to say thank you very much for the services the former PM has given us."

"Mrs Thatcher was a very, very special lady and a very special prime minister," he said.

"After Winston Churchill, we have probably had two or three really good PMs and she was definitely one of those. I only met her once and I just thought she was a fantastic lady, the country could do with another lady, another PM who can do what she did. We shall sadly miss her."

And

And Whelan said he could not understand why large sections of the population, especially in the North of England, did not want to mark her death.

"I can't really, no. She took on the mining unions, whether they were right or whether they were wrong, it's history now. She took them on and took them on for the good of the country," he added.

Manchester United opted not to have a one-minute's silence prior to Monday's derby defeat by Manchester City and Whelan, who was travelling back from a holiday in Barbados at the time, said he disagreed with that view.

"I think that's wrong. The politicians, you get them on the left or on the right, when they are PM, they are PM. They are acting for our country, representing our country with politics on one side. Whoever it is, whatever political views they have, I would always support the PM. To have no recognition of Mrs Thatcher last night is not right and very disrespectful."

Margaret Thatcher's former sports minister, Richard Tracey, also disagreed with the decision to not have a minute's silence at Old Trafford.

He told BBC Radio 5 live: "Frankly I think it's rather cheap that they decided not to show any sort of respect for her, because, to be honest, she did really deliver what football is today, particularly with the Taylor report, and the all-seater stadia. Football was in a bad way when she was prime minister, and we saw all the changes in her time, and they should pay tribute to that."

Wow. Just fucking wow.

Guest ShoePiss
I don't know why but that got me laughing, SD. It might have had to do with the fact that it looks like you are more offended about being called a Thatcher-Lover than a cunt! Not sure if that was intentional on your part?

I'd say that's one in his favour, I mean 'cunt' can be a term of endearment but Thatcher loving never, at least to me.

I hope the disgusting twat is fucking fed to a sex starved dog, used as a cum rag until she starts to decay and then shot and burnt so they can be sure it's dead. If there is a Hell, I hope she getting bummed by a nuclear tipped devil cock.

Fucking slag.

That could be said of the entire article, what with Dave Whelan demonstrating more evidence that he has succumbed to senile dementia.

Just seen this on BBC and Im astounded. Its just slightly comforting that he cant have long for this world and will soon join the evil witch.

And

You can only shake your head in disbelief at times.

Oh Dear...

Rob Harris ‏@RobHarris 20m

Reading chair on Thatcher MT @richard_conway: Madjeski: "she was such a colossus in terms of the world stage that she deserves that respect"

You can only shake your head in disbelief at times.

It's quite amazing how you can, at the same time, be castigated as mawkish and self-pitying for mourning unlawfully killed and unjustly vilified supporters, and then be branded as disrespectful for not showing due deference to what was, after all, a truly heinous individual.

I applaud anyone posting comments on what a cunt she was on whatever social platform there is, or demonstrating their disgust for her and her legacy at football games up and down the country and over the borders; not because I'm a heartless or can't think for myself, not to jump on any band-wagon, but because it shows how utterly false so many of the platitudes directed at her over the past twenty four or so hours have been.

Good fucking riddance.

Edit. Spot on from Fuge.