You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

If things carry on as they are we will be relegation candidates next season. None of the names leaked by the club/management address our fundamental flaws which are now being exposed weekly by the likes of Villa and Palace. If it were just the top 4/5 that we lost to then fair enough, you wouldn't like it, but you would accept it and hope to improve. But when teams with a 5th or 6th of your spend are outplaying and outfighting you there's something seriously amiss.

what like this season? when we can finish no lower than 7th? things arent great but we're not relegation candidates.

I dont often agree with phil neville but he called it right. we ve been in and around 6,7,8 positions for 4-5 years. last season we had suarez playing unbelievably and we got 2nd. now we re back where we were. 5th would be an

improvement on most seasons since alonso left.

what like this season? when we can finish no lower than 7th? things arent great but we're not relegation candidates.

Check our form and see how easy we are to play against and beat. Like I said, none of the targets mentioned address our issues and Brendan does a great job of flipping and flopping in and between matches without even getting the basics right. We are in schtick and there's nothing to say otherwise.

Can we not just go with Godwins Law and all agree he isnt up to the job, he isnt good enough for the job, and he deserves to go just as hitler did?

Sadly not many will understand what I just wrote, but hey ho.

Fair enough, but was there any reason to bring Hitler into it?

If things carry on as they are we will be relegation candidates next season. None of the names leaked by the club/management address our fundamental flaws which are now being exposed weekly by the likes of Villa and Palace. If it were just the top 4/5 that we lost to then fair enough, you wouldn't like it, but you would accept it and hope to improve. But when teams with a 5th or 6th of your spend are outplaying and outfighting you there's something seriously amiss.

How much money would you like to bet on us being in a relegation scrap next season?

"Wantaway" Sterling creates another problem for FSG.

It would be cheaper to replace Rodgers with a more credible figure for Raheem, than let Sterling go and for Brendan to squander the money in the transfer market.

Sterling is a twat and has to go regardless.  In fact he has to go first as a matter of principle.

• Upvote 1

Is there a point you're trying to make Dennis?

Raheems a cunt but also a convenient scapegoat. He may have turned out differently with a strong successful manager and owners with a genuine interest. We have bigger problems. I look at raheem as a bonus, a bonus we will squander whether he stays or goes, as a player or a cheque.

The club has had him since rafa was here, if hes a cunt we have not addressed it or fostered it which to me gives me the willies when i think of ibe and others.

No, no theres no point. Anymore since we all know its shit and will most likely get shitter, a famous draw against stoke aside.

FSG need to fuck off and sell up. I don't see them remotely interested in hiring a World Class manager or CEO, so the only way forward for the club is a fundamental change in ownership.

It is not simply a matter of them not wanting to invest in the team, it is that they don't care about winning or creating a competitive team/club/structure. Their recruitment policy speaks is indicative.

• Upvote 2

FSG need to fuck off and sell up. I don't see them remotely interested in hiring a World Class manager or CEO, so the only way forward for the club is a fundamental change in ownership.

It is not simply a matter of them not wanting to invest in the team, it is that they don't care about winning or creating a competitive team/club/structure. Their recruitment policy speaks is indicative.

This thread is about ranting at Rodgers. There should be another thread to rant about those shithouses. 

With the current squad and management (minus Gerrard, Lucas and Johnson who'll leave) then with Sturridge out injured for much of the season things could get a lot worse next season. We'd have no attack, no midfield and a manager whose team has always conceded over 40 a season and been had off and out-thought by the likes of Warnock and Sherwood this season and countless others. How would we even win games?

The players we're being linked with don't exactly inspire.

Not that things can't be turned around if we do good business and sort the staffing levels out in the dugout and administratively.

Rodgers in 3 years has been shocking I'm afraid, last year we were only decent because the rest of the league was poor, no United and Chelsea made it a lot easier and we had the genius of Suarez. Rodgers has been caught out as a bottle job imo

Last year the team that finished fourth had the highest points tally in prem history so the argument we got in it because other teams didn't perform is factually wrong.

• Upvote 2

Last year the team that finished fourth had the highest points tally in prem history so the argument we got in it because other teams didn't perform is factually wrong.

Man U had Moyes and were in disarray. Fact. Chelsea had Maureen in his first season back, and had yet to reshape, fact. Arsenal lost in form Walcott for most of the season, fact. We were not in Europe, fact.

I hope that helps.

I'd be surprised if we could fall lower than 8th next season - the league is full of absolute dosghite below that.

Assuming Sterling leaves and of course Gerrard is going we will have lost our two top goalscorers from this season and with our success rate in the transfer market it is far from a guarantee we will replace those goals......Sturridge remains broken, Origi is unproven, where are the goals going to come from?

Henderson and Coutinho are our next highest scorers and I think it is fair to say you can't ask either for too many over a season.

Fail to replace Sterling and Gerrards goals and make a balls up of the striker situation again and maybe we could find ourselves even lower.

• Upvote 1

I agree and I disagree.

FSG showed they were willing to install a DoF, but Rodgers talked them out of it.

It shows that they can and will change their mind on the structure.

That said, if they keep Rodgers then it shows a total detachment from reality, in that they still believe in the committee and they still believe in Rodgers' ability to coach a team at the highest level.

His European nightmare has shown him up to be totally incapable of replicating his ideas against good teams, as is also shown in our games vs the top four in the league.

Under Rodgers, against the top four teams, this is our league record over three years:

Man City - Lost 2, Won 2, Drawn 2

Chelsea - Lost 3, Won 0, Drawn 3

Man U - Lost 4, Won 2, Drawn 0

Arsenal - Lost 3, Won 1, Drawn 2

24 games played, won 5, Lost 12, Drawn 7

Goals scored: 34

Goals conceded: 44

By the by, 4 of those 5 wins came last season amid Suarageddon.

Looking at the 34 goals we scored:

10 goals from Suarez and Gerrard combined (gone)

6 goals from Skrtel

6 goals from Sturridge

4 goals from Coutinho

3 goals from Henderson

3 goals from Sterling

• Upvote 1