You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Marquee Player

Marko121

Firstly we still have an outside chance of getting in the Europa next year. I don't rule out 5th

Secondly we have no realistic chance of winning the league next year irrespective of whether we play in Europe. The biggest disappointment for me this year is our woeful exit from the domestic cups, esp the farce at Oldham. They represented our best chance of silverware and I think that will be true next season,

Lastly Suarez could still go at the end of the season. Whatever he has said , and I am sure he is sincere in what he says about LFC, if a big bid comes in from the likes of Bayern or Madrid we may well have a massive battle to retain him. We don't know how that may pan out.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, I reckon Suarez will move on in the Summer, especially if we are not in Europe, although I hope to God he stays for a long long time.

Our esteemed Owners know the value of a Marquee Player for shirt sales, merchandise, marketing etc.

Who do you think they will choose, should the unthinkable happen??

I have a nagging suspicion ( based on nothing but a gut feeling ) that the Yanks are hoping Coutinho becomes the next face of the marketing campaigns and i have a doubt that whatever money we may get from Luis will not be re-invested in its entirety.

Discuss??

post-bad.jpg

Unfortunately, I reckon Suarez will move on in the Summer, especially if we are not in Europe, although I hope to God he stays for a long long time.

Our esteemed Owners know the value of a Marquee Player for shirt sales, merchandise, marketing etc.

Who do you think they will choose, should the unthinkable happen??

I have a nagging suspicion ( based on nothing but a gut feeling ) that the Yanks are hoping Coutinho becomes the next face of the marketing campaigns and i have a doubt that whatever money we may get from Luis will not be re-invested in its entirety.

Discuss??

he is going nowhere...an adopted scouse...

Suarez doesn't look like a man wanting to move; all the signs are he's enjoying his football with us. Stop fretting over nothing.

Some people just need something to moan about. Now that we're getting results, playing well, scoring goals, keeping clean sheets, Downing starting to look like a player, Henderson and Allen getting better, beaten a top 4 team, finally above Everton and Rodgers' recent signings have hit the ground running they've moved on to Suarez leaving.

I'm not worried, meself.

If we do make a big name signing this summer, then it needs to be a wide player who can play on either flank.

Suarez and Sturridge need to play centrally. If we had to push either of them into a wide role then it should be Sturridge, as Suarez is far too good to play in a wide position.

There have been a few tentative links with Alexis Sanchez.

If we could get him for around £16-18 million then he could be a good signing. I personally think he will go back to Italy though in the summer.

We don't have any battle - he is under contract and not for sale.

And Luis has said he is happy and looking forward to next season. I have no reason to doubt the lads sincerity either. Money just talks and he is very hot property both in terms of the goals he scores and the way he scores them.

I think a lot depends on how we finish off the season. We could conceivably not lose another game and really have some momentum to carry us through the summer. If I had to put money on it today I would go with him being there next season. I would have gone the other way at Christmas

Guest San Don

All very well saying make a marquee signing but, if we arent in Europe next season (the cup draw was the worst for us if anyone was banking on the cup finalist being top 5 or 6 team) and seeing as we'll not be giving any big wages upfront, I think its going to be difficult making that signing.

It doesn't matter what he say or doesn't say... The only thing that matters is what happens in the summer. So let's just wait and see.

The most important thing the club can do to keep him is.. Keep him happy. Give him a raise, sell the vision of us reaching top 4 next year, and buy a few top notch players to walk the walk.

I agree that a marquee signing would show real intent. Who to pick? I've no doubt the owners are already canvassing opinion. It has to be a big top signing, last summer they took te pee.

A marquee signing would be a great statement of in-tent from the owners.

15024360-portrait-of-a-young-man-waiting-for-your-move-chess-oponent-looking-provocatively-into-your-eyes.jpg