You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Not really, he got the chop for overseeing our worst league campaign in decades, after spending over £100m on mostly shite.

Signing Stewart Downing is a sackable offence in its own right. No coincidence everyone who has ever signed him, is currently out of work.

Thankfully Fat Sam is next though.

THEY HAVENT GOT A CLUE ABOUT FOOTY.

They think they can just swan in here think they can look at the best team in the league, take their scouting staff and bring in young players who look ace at 17 or whatever and eventually we will come good somehow and these can be relied on to turn into stars. They are so clever.

Not really, he got the chop for overseeing our worst league campaign in decades, after spending over £100m on mostly shite.

Sometimes you just despair on the net.

First of all how much of this fabled £100m was directly funded by FSG? Majority was funded by sales.

Plus one of the signings was Suarez, who on his own has prob repaid any 'waste' re the likes of Carroll. Fuck how shite would we have been for much of last season without Suarez? Notwithstanding the fact that for much of last season 'shite' like Henderson and Downing and Enriche were preferred by Rodgers often over his own signings made last summer.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Buying Carroll isn't made better just because we sold Torres and the fee funded it. If anything it makes it a worse move.

Buying Carroll isn't made better just because we sold Torres and the fee funded it. If anything it makes it a worse move.

Not to get drawn into some debate that has been done to death and is largely totally irrelevant in the context of this window, but in the interests of fairness, when a post claims FSG spent £100m a few yrs ago, it would be a bit remiss to not point out this wasn't actually the case.

Dear little Diary,

August 24th and still no sign of Rodge's marque signing. He looked a bit disappointed in his press conference. So many questions and no answers my little diary. I had gnocchi with pesto and a refreshing peach afterwards. It was nice.

yours,

Nightcat

Last season was worse than the season Dalglish got sacked for.

Signing Stewart Downing is a sackable offence in its own right. No coincidence everyone who has ever signed him' date=' is currently out of work.

Thankfully Fat Sam is next though.[/quote']

If fat Sam gets sacked and decides not to get another job then we'll be screwed. Who's gonna buy our trash then?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Not to get drawn into some debate that has been done to death and is largely totally irrelevant in the context of this window' date=' but in the interests of fairness, when a post claims FSG spent £100m a few yrs ago, it would be a bit remiss to not point out this wasn't actually the case.[/quote']

Nope, that's exactly what we spend. You're right, though. Been done, mate.

@arturpetrosyan: Yarmolenko: "I'm not leaving. Liverpool? What Liverpool? I won't go anywhere before I win the title with Dinamo. It's my dream to be here".

The arrogant cunt. Fair enough, say you want to win the league with your club before you move but don't dismiss one of the most successful clubs in the world by saying 'what Liverpool?'

Guest Numero Veinticinco
The arrogant cunt. Fair enough, say you want to win the league with your club before you move but don't dismiss one of the most successful clubs in the world by saying 'what Liverpool?'

He didn't say it. It's from a fake account on Twitter.

Not to get drawn into some debate that has been done to death and is largely totally irrelevant in the context of this window, but in the interests of fairness, when a post claims FSG spent £100m a few yrs ago, it would be a bit remiss to not point out this wasn't actually the case.

I never said "net spend", I never said "£100m of FSG's own money", I said we spent over £100m on players and most of it was wasted on shite. If our transfer budget this summer was funded by selling Adam Morgan for £100m, I wouldn't give a fuck where the money came from, I'd expect it to be spent wisely on quality players who would strengthen the team and if we instead spent the full amount on midtable shite then I'd absolutely lay the blame for that on the feet of the manager and transfer committee.

We obviously need re-inforcements but we blew our jackpot on the worst spree in history . 100 mil wasted and we would have been better off blindly plucking players from la liga. Saying last years spending was worse? Come on! Name a worse spree than carroll and co?

Anyone worried about not having a back up keeper?

Jones is terrible!

Twitterati (I know) are abounding with news that Mata is quietly being made available.

If so, I will be sad because we will never get him, and he would be absolutely perfect for us. Coutinho, Mata and Suarez behind Sturridge? Would that such a thing were possible. *sniff

I would have expected them to move Mata sooner, if they had intended to sell him. However it does seem like Mourinho prefer other players. Didnt start on opening day, substituted after 65 against Villa, and he's not been injured or anything as far as i know. And they have just signed Willian as well. If he was available he's certainly a player we should go the extra mile to get. But i realise it's highly unlikely or impossible even that we could pull it off.

100 million wasted my arse Suarez was in that as was Enrique who still plays and Henderson who is still an option. 100 million figure wasted is a false figure used to bash dalglish. He did waste a shitload though, that cant be argued against but Suarez is considered one of the best players on the planet and he figures in that 100 million.

100 million wasted my arse Suarez was in that as was Enrique who still plays and Henderson who is still an option. 100 million figure wasted is a false figure used to bash dalglish. He did waste a shitload though, that cant be argued against but Suarez is considered one of the best players on the planet and he figures in that 100 million.

its the signings of Downing and Carroll thats done all the damage, Suarez has obviously been brilliant, Enrique has been a decent buy, Henderson is starting to prove himself (and the fee seems to have gone up to 16million again when wasn't it actually about 12million?), Adam was poor but we got a decent deal back on him, Bellamy was a good signing and Coates whilst it hasn't worked out hasn't been too damaging either and who knows may still turn it around although the injury now makes it even harder