You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

That looks like an entirely made up story designed to get clicks from Liverpool fans - which it did.

Well I for one am choosing to believe it! In fact, I’m sure this morning Phil pulled Messi aside and said, “Nice goals and all, but have you seen what Mo Salah has been doing?”

Then he chatted with Suarez and said, “I miss Jurgen’s hugs. The league is nice and all, but Real Madrid haven’t been trying. Would you rather be Champions of Spain or Champions of Europe?”

• Upvote 2

Still wish he was here (till the end of the season at least)

How great would it have been to have still been able to rotate the four of them or play all four at certain times?

Still a baffling decision by both club and Coutinho to have gone in January, I mean we are only talking another 5 months.

• Upvote 3

More baffling from Coutinho than the club, for me. If Klopp was right that he would have been less committed, which would have damaged team spirit, then we likely wouldn’t be where we are now.

No way of proving he was right, but we pay him to call those decisions as he sees them, and in his eyes it wasn’t worth the risk. It’s not exactly been a disaster, has it.

Have to take the rough with the smooth, and for me, this is part of who Klopp is. Refusing to sign an alternative to Van Dijk last summer is in the same ballpark as him not signing someone to replace Coutinho in January, because his preferred target wasn’t available.

It’s massively frustrating not getting players we need at the right time and being so light costing us, but on the other hand it’s a novelty having a break from the annual revolving door of players who arrive for big money, aren’t good enough and leave with our hands tied financially as to who we can replace them with.

Klopp’s got a set of balls on him, that’s for sure.

• Upvote 4

More baffling from Coutinho than the club, for me. If Klopp was right that he would have been less committed, which would have damaged team spirit, then we likely wouldn’t be where we are now.

No way of proving he was right, but we pay him to call those decisions as he sees them, and in his eyes it wasn’t worth the risk. It’s not exactly been a disaster, has it.

Have to take the rough with the smooth, and for me, this is part of who Klopp is. Refusing to sign an alternative to Van Dijk last summer is in the same ballpark as him not signing someone to replace Coutinho in January, because his preferred target wasn’t available.

It’s massively frustrating not getting players we need at the right time and being so light costing us, but on the other hand it’s a novelty having a break from the annual revolving door of players who arrive for big money, aren’t good enough and leave with our hands tied financially as to who we can replace them with.

Klopp’s got a set of balls on him, that’s for sure.

Agree with that. Would we have even got past City if he`d played instead of Milner or Ox?

Express are probably chatting shit, I doubt coutinho has expressed any regret to his teammates.

I do reckon he is having a look at us though and wondering if he might have been better waiting a few months.

He'll almost certainly win La Liga a few times, but the chances of a champions league medal are a fair bit lower.

Express, Diario Gol. Yep, utter bullshit.

The part that says they are quoting to Diario Gol is the only true part here I'm sure. The quotes themselves are surely nonsense.

To put it into perspective, on that same page there's a link that says "Real Madrid think Barcelona lost to Roma on purpose."

Do the cunts dreaming this utter shite up get paid for this ?

It says a lot about their perceived view of the mentality of their target market.

To put it into perspective, on that same page there's a link that says "Real Madrid think Barcelona lost to Roma on purpose."

Do the cunts dreaming this utter shite up get paid for this ?

It says a lot about their perceived view of the mentality of their target market.

Perceived view? Their links still get shared on here all the time. Despite the contents never being anything more than the evacuated bowels of a diseased mutant.

Does not deserve a medal.

Any players who have transferred out should not be eligible.

I agree with this.

But if the convention is to give him a medal, we all know he didn’t earn it. He helped us get through the group. It’s not nothing, but to the best of my knowledge they don’t give medals out for that.