You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paco

PS - I will be scanning these boards for news on Pepe, as Jones played again and Gulasci was in goal. We all know Pepe's form has not been very good, but he is a better goalie than Jones, even when not on top of his game. I would have thought a few games out, which he has done, would have got the message across that we needed to see him pick it up. I fully expected him to play today. Did Pepe injure himself again? Or has there been some sort of falling out with the manager?

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished watching that. I'm a little torn in how I'd assess it. On the one hand we dominated the game and we looked really good for a large part of it. On the other hand, there is a certain sense that we've seen that before on numerous occasions, and the old deficiency of not putting the ball in the back of the net was there for all to see.

So, I can fall into a pit of despair or I can take heart from what was right. I choose the latter.

Looking into the game in more detail reveals that Shelvey had two great chances to win it for us. The lad looks like he has a few goals in him, but unfortunately he didn't have any today. I thought Allen was OK, but a little more wasteful in possession than normal. It was frustrating to see Wisdom do that foul throw and then be punished so harshly toward the end of the first half. I thought Jones went down too easily as the ball smashed over him. I can't decide if it was a great finish from Cabaye or if Jones should have stood his ground, not buckled so much at the knees, and parried it clear.

Suarez was excellent. His goal was brilliant. Amazing chest control, then a dink round the keeper and a tap in. Three touches; two of them world class. Not many players can do that in that tight of a space off a ball travelling at that pace from that distance.

I don't know what else to say other than a famous Dickens quote... It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. The game had a little of both. Plenty of people will see the deficiencies and extrapolate that into too extreme of a conclusion. My own personal view is to note the deficiencies, as they are there; but to draw hope from the good things we are doing. Stick a goalscorer in the front three and bring Lucas back to hold the thing together, and we will look that much better. Many of these draws will be turning to wins.

That's the hope, anyway...

good post.....up until the last paragraph. Lucas is going to take a while before he's anything like the player he was before he got injured this time last year.

allen was a lot more wasteful than usual today. sahin isn't doing anywhere near enough. didn't realise wisdoms foul throw led to the goal but that is the way it's been going for us for over a year now. silly mistakes punished by goals.

I think its strange he gets to play the full 90 minutes almost every game yes, especially when you look at the return you get in such a vital position in the set up.

Our wide attacking players need to contribute with more goals either as scorers or creators and its not really happening at the moment so why we are not trying other options out during the games where everyone else apart from Suarez struggles to create I have no idea about really.

We only used two subs today, why not give Henderson or Assaidi a chance?

Right fuck off vouching for Downing and Hendersen over gettimg to see sterling and Suso getting games under their belt. And I hope they then swing that belt and catch you with the buckle.

PS - I will be scanning these boards for news on Pepe, as Jones played again and Gulasci was in goal. We all know Pepe's form has not been very good, but he is a better goalie than Jones, even when not on top of his game. I would have thought a few games out, which he has done, would have got the message across that we needed to see him pick it up. I fully expected him to play today. Did Pepe injure himself again? Or has there been some sort of falling out with the manager?

Looks to me that we are looking at selling one big player. The owners want their 20 mil notes. All their calculations are based on chompions league qualification. Agger used the last of the bog roll now Pepes sitting on the crapper and hes really pissed. Rogers wrote BOOM! on the toilet roll holder and if tha whole thing goes he may not live to smear the spanish wine soaked gazpatcho gumdrops you cant even curl one out very dry and break it off with your hand without a few pounds of semtex. Itd be enuff to make you crap your pants if they werent round your ankles. Anyway thats the reason. To engender a transfer oh he wanted to go and I dont want no one you aint see him. Right? What happend to your eye? I fell. etc.

If you play Brad Jones and refuse to slaughter him with no regard for people on waiting lists for limbs and organs they could make better use of. I would want to speak to a manager if abRad jones tried to serve me in macdonalds. Id be very pleased if this man were to loae his job and helpout in a pool hall or repairing bycyles cos hes a good lad. Bit simple. And I doubt Rogers is playing him and injecting laxative into Reinas chips while pissing on the consignment of toilet rolls for the good of his health. Its all part of the plan. h regard to donors who are on waiting liisps like Roy Hodgland Engson manager who lost his some years ago and has resorted to his nhs funded peices of grass between his lips in order to pronounce his credentials to an attentive FA comittee. I mean Brad Jones has many uses. First team keeper is not what God had in mind when he made this human door stop or bookend.

Edited by dennis tooth

Looks to me that we are looking at selling one big player. The owners want their 20 mil notes. All their calculations are based on chompions league qualification. Agger used the last of the bog roll now Pepes sitting on the crapper and hes really pissed. Rogers wrote BOOM! on the toilet roll holder and if tha whole thing goes he may not live to smear the spanish wine soaked gazpatcho gumdrops you cant even curl one out very dry and break it off with your hand without a few pounds of semtex. Itd be enuff to make you crap your pants if they werent round your ankles. Anyway thats the reason. To engender a transfer oh he wanted to go and I dont want no one you aint see him. Right? What happend to your eye? I fell. etc

If you play Brad Jones and refuse to slaughter him with no regard for people on waiting lists for limbs and organs they could make better use of. I would want to speak to a manager if abRad jones tried to serve me in macdonalds. Id be very pleased if this man were to loae his job and helpout in a pool hall or repairing bycyles cos hes a good lad. Bit simple. And I doubt Rogers is playing him and injecting laxative into Reinas chips while pissing on the consignment of toilet rolls for the good of his health. Its all part of the plan. h regard to donors who are on waiting lis

World class stuff.

Honest opinion... you're NOT a bit shit.

Fans seems to be going from one extreme 'top 4 material' to another 'a bit shit'.

You're a capable side, and can give anybody a game, but clearly unable to mount a sustained challenge on anything at the moment. Which leaves you mid-table.

Arguably that IS a 'bit shit' for Liverpool, but in the grand scheme of things, you're still a good side.

I think you're at least 3 quality players away from any hope of top 4, PLUS you're going to have to find a serious replacement for Gerrard in the next couple of seasons too, and deal with the potential of Suarez moving on.

That's just for the first XI, let alone any strength in depth.

The task Rodgers faces is significant, and it's being glossed over (imo).

Maybe some of the youth will come good. But that's a few seasons away at least before they can hope to match the top clubs, and there's no guarantee they will.

FSG are going to have to spend. There's no two ways about it. Only they're going to have to spend extremely well too.

So... not 'a bit shit'

Just facing a lot of hurdles, and the odds aren't in your favour.

Ah, nothing like being patronised on a Sunday evening to make a fan feel alive!

Out of curiosity, why was your 'honest opinion' not available to read on here when City were 'a bit shit'?

Looks to me that we are looking at selling one big player. The owners want their 20 mil notes. All their calculations are based on chompions league qualification. Agger used the last of the bog roll now Pepes sitting on the crapper and hes really pissed. Rogers wrote BOOM! on the toilet roll holder and if tha whole thing goes he may not live to smear the spanish wine soaked gazpatcho gumdrops you cant even curl one out very dry and break it off with your hand without a few pounds of semtex. Itd be enuff to make you crap your pants if they werent round your ankles. Anyway thats the reason. To engender a transfer oh he wanted to go and I dont want no one you aint see him. Right? What happend to your eye? I fell. etc.

If you play Brad Jones and refuse to slaughter him with no regard for people on waiting lists for limbs and organs they could make better use of. I would want to speak to a manager if abRad jones tried to serve me in macdonalds. Id be very pleased if this man were to loae his job and helpout in a pool hall or repairing bycyles cos hes a good lad. Bit simple. And I doubt Rogers is playing him and injecting laxative into Reinas chips while pissing on the consignment of toilet rolls for the good of his health. Its all part of the plan. h regard to donors who are on waiting liisps like Roy Hodgland Engson manager who lost his some years ago and has resorted to his nhs funded peices of grass between his lips in order to pronounce his credentials to an attentive FA comittee. I mean Brad Jones has many uses. First team keeper is not what God had in mind when he made this human door stop or bookend.

Love it! If Pepe is being lined up for an exit then I hope we get a good fee, and I hope the replacement keeper is good. Jones has done OK - to the best of his ability - but he is not of the required standard.

Ideally Pepe turns it around and there will be nothing to see here...

*stands and applauds*

I was wondering that too. He would raise cash and is a big earner so would be an obvious way to help balance the books for a name striker swoop.

That'll be the 'fellow supporters' baying for sterling's, suso's and wisdom's blood would it?

If shelvey had of been as skillful as downing!? How many league goals has downing scored for us again?

If you want to scream \ abuse \ whatever, the young lads, that's your perrogative I guess. I just see it as a bunch of gobshites who one minute want the 'young players' to be given a chance then jump on their backs when the young, inexperienced players make a mistake.

You make me laugh at times, you really do. You should be on the stage.

I am surprised that you are so sensitive. There is no sigificant match -going element baying for sterling's, suso's and wisdom's blood . Of course fans get frustrated, one home league win by November- quite right too.

Downing laid on a cracking goalscoring opportunity for Shelvey, fact. Downing is rightly criticised when he doesnt perform- he should take some credit when he does do something right. I agree with your gobshites assessment of people who jump on player's backs.

Wisdom, Sterling and Suso deserve their chance.

Love it! If Pepe is being lined up for an exit then I hope we get a good fee, and I hope the replacement keeper is good. Jones has done OK - to the best of his ability - but he is not of the required standard.

Ideally Pepe turns it around and there will be nothing to see here...

Replacement? More like who else will be sold. John Henry needs a new yaught in new york tha big sewage soaked apple. Should be tha big lemon then maybe they wouldnt have so many problems with electrical supplies and crack on frying all the aocially engineered criminals. Particularly because they are black.

Guest San Don
I am surprised that you are so sensitive. There is no sigificant match -going element baying for sterling's, suso's and wisdom's blood . Of course fans get frustrated, one home league win by November- quite right too.

Downing laid on a cracking goalscoring opportunity for Shelvey, fact. Downing is rightly criticised when he doesnt perform- he should take some credit when he does do something right. I agree with your gobshites assessment of people who jump on player's backs.

Wisdom, Sterling and Suso deserve their chance.

Sensitive!? Hahahahaha.

Of course I can only here the voices of those around me in the stand. But that's perhaps 50 within earshot. But, while I admit that's a small porportion out of 45000, I also very much doubt I sit amongst or near the only fans whinging about them as such. So once again, you're wrong.

Downing may well have laid on a 'cracking' opportunity. It was the first and only one I can recollect in the league this season. Sterling already has one league goal this season. How many has downing again?

I'm all for giving our younger players a chance, but I'm not sure playing them, all at once in every match is helping us. But at the same time, we look at our bench at the experienced players and there really isn't anyone to choose from. In January, I hope we're not just looking at a player's sell-on value, but his experience, ability and talent. That's going to cost us.

Honest opinion... you're NOT a bit shit.

Fans seems to be going from one extreme 'top 4 material' to another 'a bit shit'.

You're a capable side, and can give anybody a game, but clearly unable to mount a sustained challenge on anything at the moment. Which leaves you mid-table.

Arguably that IS a 'bit shit' for Liverpool, but in the grand scheme of things, you're still a good side.

I think you're at least 3 quality players away from any hope of top 4, PLUS you're going to have to find a serious replacement for Gerrard in the next couple of seasons too, and deal with the potential of Suarez moving on.

That's just for the first XI, let alone any strength in depth.

The task Rodgers faces is significant, and it's being glossed over (imo).

Maybe some of the youth will come good. But that's a few seasons away at least before they can hope to match the top clubs, and there's no guarantee they will.

FSG are going to have to spend. There's no two ways about it. Only they're going to have to spend extremely well too.

So... not 'a bit shit'

Just facing a lot of hurdles, and the odds aren't in your favour.

That's pretty much how I see us, as well.

I thought we played well today. There's no doubt that we are lacking in the final third but that's bound to be the case when you're relying on 17 and 18 year olds to be match-winners.

I'm happy with the general approach of the team and the style of play. Hopefully the results will come when the more experienced personnel is in place.

I'm more concerned about the back than the front. We can't defend for toffee, teams just run straight through the middle of us as there's nobody in there capable of shielding the back 4 who look confused when asked to defend, Wisdom has no positional sense, Enrique was awful today, no idea what's happened to him, Jones gives me no confidence at all and while both very capable defenders Skrtel and Agger are frequently all over the place.

I'm more concerned about the back than the front. We can't defend for toffee, teams just run straight through the middle of us as there's nobody in there capable of shielding the back 4 who look confused when asked to defend, Wisdom has no positional sense, Enrique was awful today, no idea what's happened to him, Jones gives me no confidence at all and while both very capable defenders Skrtel and Agger are frequently all over the place.

Thats because Rogers has them pushing out wide from the back with the full backs forward ,which means when we lose the ball the gap between our centre backs is a fucking chasm.

Getting Lucas back wont make a difference unless he changes this daft system.

He has completely ruined the confidence of our back four.

Thats because Rogers has them pushing out wide from the back with the full backs forward ,which means when we lose the ball the gap between our centre backs is a fucking chasm.

Getting Lucas back wont make a difference unless he changes this daft system.

He has completely ruined the confidence of our back four.

Have to admit I agree.

I think the system is like Communism,

In theory its great but in reality it doesn't work as well as all its proponents might think.

Now to clarify, we've played some great stuff. Sometimes we look shit hot going forward. With even 1 top class player alongside Suarez we'd easily be 6 points better off in my opinion.

Its not a shit way of playing, it really isn't.

But unfortunately it does leave huge fucking gaps for the opposition to exploit which actually hasn't lead to as many goals as I expect it would. But it doesn't help.

I think its something that will have to evolve in time and it probably will.

Well, we missed a massive opportunity to draw level with Newcastle at least (I'm not sure if we'd have moved ahead on goal difference) but whatever, another disappointing result. We languish in mid table, and it's the same old story: Newcastle are yet another team who we should have beaten but didn't. We're not worthy of tenth, because we failed to beat the team in tenth, and so it goes on, rippling through the Premier Universe-the season sliding away into a landslide of mediocrity. Disappointing.

The assist aside, Enrique was absolute shite, and get's my Ham Of The Match award. He was diabolical and if we don't miss Johnson, then my name's not Kopout.

How can such a promising player turn so sour, so quickly? Mind you, he knows (like Henderson and Downing), that he's not an auto pick for the first eleven.. That's got to be affecting him mentally. He tackled well, and certainly attacked up that left wing, but all the good work was undone by giving away the ball with thee most atrocious passes i think i've ever seen. He may have assisted with the goal, but we lost countless opportunities for more goals, hence, he contributed massively to missing out on two points, whilst contributing to Newcastle's point that shouldn't have been.

Sublime finish by Suarez, but he's just not able to play a classic striking role-wouldn't know how to. Obviously, this is old ground being covered, and our problems havn't changed. Everything he does, he could do without the added burden of having to match up to BR's expectations of labelling him a striker.

We started brightly, and the Atmosphere was certainly there - Great rendition of YNWA at kick off, but it died for no apparent reason after the first 15-20 minutes, as Newcastle worked their way into the game-or did we let them in??

Impressed with Brad Jones today.

Special mention for Enrique - absolute gobshite. Ham Of The Match.

It's been four months. Four. How long does the new guy get if he doesn't get the results immediately? Fucking knee jerk fucking bollocks. What happened to getting behind the team and manager?

How long did Hodgson get before everyone wanted him gone?