You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Paco

I can't understand why Liverpool fans spend half of their lives moaning about a lack of squad depth & a shit bench , and when we make a signing which helps a lot in these areas we start moaning about that as well.

Pretty much every signing ever has been a success if the standards are 'be an option on the bench'.

I see this chap on the bench and I don't think "there's a game changer if needed".   I also see Wijnaldum starting and I don't think "£40m well spent for a back up to him".

Him and Milner might even be useful if they ever allow multiple subs to come on and off just for set pieces.

Failed time and time again to provide any spark from open play.  Messed up two very easy passes to set someone through on goal.  Just generally bang average, much like our attacking play the last two games when big onus was put on him and Lallana.

Thankfully we've Salah to come back into the attack next game and we've just got to pray the Coutinho situation gets resolves one way or the other.   We've also managed to win both games ugly which is a something this side hasn't shown in a while.

Him and Milner might even be useful if they ever allow multiple subs to come on and off just for set pieces.

Failed time and time again to provide any spark from open play. Messed up two very easy passes to set someone through on goal. Just generally bang average, much like our attacking play the last two games when big onus was put on him and Lallana.

Thankfully we've Salah to come back into the attack next game and we've just got to pray the Coutinho situation gets resolves one way or the other. We've also managed to win both games ugly which is a something this side hasn't shown in a while.

Lol what about that sumptuous one touch through ball that Lallana fluffed? David Ginola himself would’ve been proud of that. Also his excellent deadball deliveries. Could easily have had three assists! Just let it go Grinch mate. It’s a bit painful to watch.

Lol what about that sumptuous one touch through ball that Lallana fluffed? David Ginola himself would’ve been proud of that. Also his excellent deadball deliveries. Could easily have had three assists! Just let it go Grinch mate. It’s a bit painful to watch.

Completely agree with the Grinch, some of his passing tonight was woefull, he wasnt the only one mind. I also think some of Matip's recent performances have been glossed over. Im not certain he is the long term partner of van dijk.

Completely agree with the Grinch, some of his passing tonight was woefull, he wasnt the only one mind. I also think some of Matip's recent performances have been glossed over. Im not certain he is the long term partner of van dijk.

He wasn’t at this best for sure. He was the best of our attackers which included two of the so called “fab 4”. Created three excellent chances, one of the resulted in the winning goal.

Mixed night for him. Some things didn't come off, but I'm willing to let them go on the account of that glorious through ball for Lallana and most important of all, setting up Virgil's winner with a great corner kick (how long have we been crying out for someone who can take corners properly?)

Mixed night for him. Some things didn't come off, but I'm willing to let them go on the account of that glorious through ball for Lallana and most important of all, setting up Virgil's winner with a great corner kick (how long have we been crying out for someone who can take corners properly?)

And three other clear-cut chances from set-pieces (Gomes, VVD, Robertson).

I was pleased when we signed AOC, I've always liked him, thought he looked potentially brilliant when he first came on the scene though has not fulfilled that potential. We could really do with him making that step up now, he'll never be as skillful or subtle or creative as Coutinho but he could be a real driving force in the midfield as he settles in more.