You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

On the subject of Jonathan Tah, he was brilliant 2 seasons ago, last season he took a step backwards imo, this season ? Where the fuck is he ?

Hasn't played in months it seems.

It's the problem with basing the suitability of a signing on a name.

The club could be looking for a strong, tall centre back who's good in the air and good at organizing defenses with 10-15 names who all suit that criteria of which Tah could be the tenth best option.

Supporters hear about a specific players in an article or on a list and fixate on the name (especially if they don't get to see them often) so irrespective of current progression they're still seen as the solution.

You know Gerrard only had 11 in his first 100 odd games and he started more games tham Chamberlain

Lampard only had 17 in 114

His mins per goal is one goal every 270 mins this season. He also has 6 assists. So a goal snd assists every 3 games.

He has only played on avg 47 mins of them 157 games for Arsenal. Some from wide some in the middle and has 13 goals and 16 assists. Put that into 80 full games instead of loads of sub appearances and it looks far better. Msybe people think we can do better but we have to have a certain number of English home grown players for both the league and European squads

Brexit will also be a consideration going forward as clubs try to safeguard against any decisions taken and getting ahead of the game before prices skyrocket.

Karius cost what £4.5m? Dont think Klopp's ever rated moreno and he didnt buy him. £30m is being touted in the press, it's likely we'll pay less.

Im pretty sure Klopp knows what his team and squad priority are.

Hope he does he knew in January but didn't act on it so we'll see,time will tell.

We don't know that do we so we'll see if he steps up to the plate and getting top 4 will help other wise we will only attract the likes of Chamberlain.

Well we do because he said so repeatedly. That means he's either telling the truth or people choose not to believe him.

• Downvote 1

Id say that if we have signed Oxlade-Chamberlain then we're not after Brandt anymore, I just don't think we'd sign both because Oxlade-Chamberlain would play predominately in the centre but would cover the wide areas. I just can't see us signing him just as a cm.

From now on I'm going to one of them twats who call him The Ox because it's quicker to spell.

Chamberlain is a good player, you can tell that by watching him. Inconsistent? Yes. Injury prone? Yes. Sometimes looks a bit lost in an Arsenal side that generally looks pretty lost? Yes. Has plenty of attributes that Klopp likes in a footballer? Yes. Has the potential to develop into a top player? Yes.

Could be an inspired signing, could be a flop. I think it's hard to know for certain.

• Upvote 1

Id say that if we have signed Oxlade-Chamberlain then we're not after Brandt anymore, I just don't think we'd sign both because Oxlade-Chamberlain would play predominately in the centre but would cover the wide areas. I just can't see us signing him just as a cm.

From now on I'm going to one of them twats who call him The Ox because it's quicker to spell.

I'm going with AoC. Marginally better. Still no Patches or Tex though.

Always looks a handy player when he plays, has all the skills to be a really useful player in the middle or wide.  But not the most consistent (although never gets consistent gametime so maybe that's a bit unfair) and tends to pick up injuries regularly.  Hopefully we're not getting fleeced on the price, but sounds as though personal terms have been agreed, but not the fee.  If that's the case (considering him wanting to go and the contract situation), we can probably work the fee down to something more reasonable.

Dead to me

Aww come on mate! I didn't want to be one of them wankers really I didn't, it's just annoying typing out Oxlade-Chamberlain, I'm hoping my iPhone picks it up quickly if I type it enough so I don't become one of "them" sorry in advance if I do end up that way.

Aww come on mate! I didn't want to be one of them wankers really I didn't, it's just annoying typing out Oxlade-Chamberlain, I'm hoping my iPhone picks it up quickly if I type it enough so I don't become one of "them" sorry in advance if I do end up that way.

Phone auto correct is the only way forwards.