You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gym Beglin

Back in about 2008, me and the missus attended 13 in a 1 year. We also turned down half a dozen that year.

Fuck that was expensive and tiresome at times. Two of the weekends we attended two in a weekend. Once one Friday and a Sunday, the other one Saturday and a Monday.

I reckon we stayed in Southport, Buckinghamshire, Birmingham, Tunbridge Wells and the rest were in various venues around Sussex.

I actually have no idea what it cost with hotels, travel, booze, presents, shirts/dresses/suits and stag and hen dos. But probably over £10k for the pair of us.

The next year we did 7 or 8. Then after that it's beena steady fall down to 3 or 4, and now 1 or 2.

Had some great times though.

You've now officially entered the babies and second marriages phase. Most of my invites are to funerals. Sad but true

Yeah it's a 2nd marriage were attending this year. Funnily enough its the 2nd time for the groom in the 1st of the 13 that year.

Second time rounders seem to be much smaller dos and I haven't been to many myself...not least because splitting up seems to be pretty much against the law amongst my peers

Guest Super Sub

Get this in the Conspiracy Theories thread, quick.

Weddings... I had my first threesome as a niave 19 year old at/after a wedding. It was at a hotel, so going upstairs and fucking seemed the done thing.

Unfortunately, it wasn't nearly as nice as I thought it would be. In fact, one was a minlf and the other had hairy armpits and stubbly legs. To be honest, it was only the giant hangover that stopped me getting blood tests the next day.

On the upside, I did pork a stunning brunette at a wedding a few years later. She was right dirty minded. Like it up tge arse and souted 'spunk in my mouth' just at the right time.

The end.

I thought it was in the conspiracies thread, that has just freaked me out seeing it there as I was reading your post. I was thinking why is he quoting that in here.

Guest Super Sub

Fuck my brother and his missus are going to wedding at least once every 4 weeks ATM. They are both late 20's. I think a lot of people who are getting married aren't doing it out of love but more a case of keeping up with the Joneses. They are getting invited to weddings have stag and hen does all over the shop then a big wedding day piss up / party to top it all off. I think once one does it the others feel they want in on the act and they also feel either pressured or obliged to have a wedding. This is the reason I think a lot of marriages fail cause a lot of people are just marrying because they have mates who get married have a big day so they want the same even though the couple in question are little more than fucking buddies who go on the piss together and have a very limited shelf life as a couple cause they ultimately are completely different as people.

I have just got back from a good one in Ireland, food, ale and accommodation was spot on.  You cannot beat a good wedding party, in fact I just enjoy a good social gathering.

There is however the cost factor, as the past two weddings I have been to have cost me and the Missus in excess of £1500 to go to, this includes one stag do, two flights, four nights hotel accommodation, 2 rental cars, new clothes for me and the Mrs and other misc spending.  Also the one we have just returned from involved my Mrs going on a path finding mission with the bride to be and her friends to the wedding venue 12 months before where she put herself through a 6 course tasting menu and spa type weekend so she could return home confident that I would like it all when we came to go for the actual wedding.  She was right, the food was superb and the rooms were something else.

The previous two weddings were a good mate of mine from uni, and secondly a good friend of Mrs LL, so because I took her the Lakes I had to be dragged to her friend's wedding

Agree with what Rob put though about the need for some people to pick a stately home miles from anywhere, and assume that you will be happy to go.  I have said this before, it might be your special day but it isn't mine, and it is a big ask if you are looking for people to take time off work, travel and stay over.

I am made up my next two invites to weddings are in Liverpool because I was having a shit before and thought that I would have my new bathroom on order if it wasn't for these weddings.

• Upvote 1

Fuck my brother and his missus are going to wedding at least once every 4 weeks ATM. They are both late 20's. I think a lot of people who are getting married aren't doing it out of love but more a case of keeping up with the Joneses. They are getting invited to weddings have stag and hen does all over the shop then a big wedding day piss up / party to top it all off. I think once one does it the others feel they want in on the act and they also feel either pressured or obliged to have a wedding. This is the reason I think a lot of marriages fail cause a lot of people are just marrying because they have mates who get married have a big day so they want the same even though the couple in question are little more than fucking buddies who go on the piss together and have a very limited shelf life as a couple cause they ultimately are completely different as people.

A lot of truth in this. Woman in work who was a bit of a same head WAG type ended up getting married to some miserable twat from our IT department, completely out of the blue. She was about 39 and all her mates had married and started having kids. They spent a load on a wedding and honeymoon yet split up after 8 months. Everyone who knew them knew it wouldn't last, I think she just got a grip of him one night in town and he had no say in the matter.

My mate was seeing his girlfriend for ten years and got married to her. Her Dad paid for the whole wedding and honeymoon which ended up about 40 grand. She was dead set on a massive wedding but my mate wasn't that enthusiastic and just went along with it. They split up after a year.

• Upvote 1

I know a man who called a wedding off

He went to see the Priest and told him that he didn't think he wanted to go through with it.  The Priest shook his hand and told him not to apologise for it because he often sees couples were one partner has doubts and that he was a brave man for doing so.

I have just got back from a good one in Ireland, food, ale and accommodation was spot on.  You cannot beat a good wedding party, in fact I just enjoy a good social gathering.

There is however the cost factor, as the past two weddings I have been to have cost me and the Missus in excess of £1500 to go to, this includes one stag do, two flights, four nights hotel accommodation, 2 rental cars, new clothes for me and the Mrs and other misc spending.  Also the one we have just returned from involved my Mrs going on a path finding mission with the bride to be and her friends to the wedding venue 12 months before where she put herself through a 6 course tasting menu and spa type weekend so she could return home confident that I would like it all when we came to go for the actual wedding.  She was right, the food was superb and the rooms were something else.

The previous two weddings were a good mate of mine from uni, and secondly a good friend of Mrs LL, so because I took her the Lakes I had to be dragged to her friend's wedding

Agree with what Rob put though about the need for some people to pick a stately home miles from anywhere, and assume that you will be happy to go.  I have said this before, it might be your special day but it isn't mine, and it is a big ask if you are looking for people to take time off work, travel and stay over.

I am made up my next two invites to weddings are in Liverpool because I was having a shit before and thought that I would have my new bathroom on order if it wasn't for these weddings.

We live in Stockport but got married in the Cotswolds, where the wife is from. We had 100 to the day do, and no one else to the evening do because I couldn't imagine asking mates who didn't make the day do cut to drive for 2 hours to an evening party, pay for accommodation, a pressie and then booze. Upset some people but in the end was right.

• Upvote 1

I'll hold you to that, some cows stopped me meeting a huge gay bloke. That cant happen again.

It won't. I'll have a cousin and her married lesbian wife there too.

However, they're both the bloke in the relationship unfortunately.

Tegan has a lesbian bridesmaid that would definitely get a game though.

I avoided a massive guestlist at my wedding by getting married as far from the UK as its possible to be. Cunts were all invited, can't believe none of them wanted to pay the several thousand pounds required to get themselves and their families over here for it. Inconsiderate bastards.

On the plus side, it meant I got to have a stag night with a load of sound fellas which ended up in a classy strip joint with a private dance from an estonian stunner. If I'd got married in the UK, it would have ended up handcuffed to a lampost next to a busy intersection wearing nothing but a giant nappy and an afro wig.