You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gym Beglin

Edit - What sort of fucking party finishes at half seven?

Think the answer could be here.

I'm actually looking forward to attending a wedding tomorrow.

One of my best mates is getting married for the second time, but this one is 20 years younger than him.

Church for 12 and then just across the road into his back garden for a party.

No formal sit down meal

The bride has loads of fit mates

Beer tent

Hog roast

Music

Cricket

Bouncy castle

And the best part is it finishes at 7:30 and it's only £20 in a taxi home.

He's 27.

• Upvote 1

I've discovered in recent years they're a lot more fun when you actually like the people getting married.

Genuinely amazes me how many people you barely know or barely like invite you to their weddings, stag/hen do's. Must be a numbers thing - but why?

Agreed. I love a wedding when it's a close friend or family member, especially when you know a decent number of other people.

We're getting married in November, we're having a small ceremony for 15 people, a meal at our favourite restaurant and then a piss up in a brewery (literally) with our closest friends and family. I can't wait, I'll be throwing some serious shapes, drinking local craft beers and catching up with ace people.

Agreed. I love a wedding when it's a close friend or family member, especially when you know a decent number of other people.

We're getting married in November, we're having a small ceremony for 15 people, a meal at our favourite restaurant and then a piss up in a brewery (literally) with our closest friends and family. I can't wait, I'll be throwing some serious shapes, drinking local craft beers and catching up with ace people.

awesome, yeah that's what ours was like. 50 day guests and about 80 evening, simply a chance to get all the people you care about in one place. My stag do was a steak and a few beers in West Kirby with five close mates.

Was a brilliant day, and as Rico pointed out like fuck did I leave at 7:30.

Less than 40 people, only immediate family and best mates invited, church service but the minister was actually quite funny and didn't take too long, great weather, amazing food and we had a right laugh.

The added bonus was we have another wedding next Sunday (who the fuck gets married on a Sunday?) for a mate of hers I hardly know. She suggested I paid for yesterday and she'll pay next week...her face when she found out all the beer was free was a fucking picture!

Was a brilliant day, and as Rico pointed out like fuck did I leave at 7:30.

Less than 40 people, only immediate family and best mates invited, church service but the minister was actually quite funny and didn't take too long, great weather, amazing food and we had a right laugh.

The added bonus was we have another wedding next Sunday (who the fuck gets married on a Sunday?) for a mate of hers I hardly know. She suggested I paid for yesterday and she'll pay next week...her face when she found out all the beer was free was a fucking picture!

The Greeks do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My missus' cousin & her fiancé have announced they're getting married in Dunbar (miles away from anywhere) on Friday 27th April & no kids are allowed. And it's a barbecue, in Scotland, in April.

Who the fuck comes up with shit like that?

The good news is that's it's a Friday & we won't be able to get a babysitter so I'll have to stay at home with the kids.