You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Just saw the penalty incident and bloody hell was it a soft decision. For all the bleating from press, pundits and knobhead supporters alike to suggest otherwise, the worst diver in this country is Ashley Young. His whole game is based around looking for the most minimal of contact in any attacking situation so that he can go to ground. The shit cunt.

• Upvote 1

I know the mancs are still top of their group but it's by no means a given they'll go through. Tough games coming up for them.

Indeed. Whisper it quietly, but they've got every chance of going out.

They play Sami's team away next and if they lose that one (I'd absolutely love it if that happens), they'll be up against it - their last game is against Shaktar at home, who are still in it with a chance themselves (they play Real Sociedad at home before going to the mancs for the last game). Interesting times ahead for Gollum & co.

Yep, just checked: provided the mancs lose their next game and Shaktar get 3 points from their home game against Real Sociedad, they'll then need at least a draw against the mancs (though it has to be at least 2:2 - anything less won't do) to qualify second in the group and dump the mancs in the Europa League.

You know, when diving is brought up, it seems that Suarez's name is the first mentioned almost EVERY SINGLE TIME. Yet of all the incidents involving him, the one at Anfield against Stoke is the only one where it looks like he has blatantly dived. Yet some can't make any distinction whatsoever between accentuating contact and going down under none.

Still, I'm forgetting how many shocking dives I've now seen from Young, whilst Bale is ever the darling despite doing it multiple times last season alone. Just amazes me how people can't notice stuff with their own eyes and realise that these two aren't as talented, dive more yet get away with far, far more than Luis.

• Upvote 1

Only just seen Young's dive.

That lad could redefine the laws of physics.

I'm not anti United. But that's not football for me. A club the stature of Man United should be ashamed. At times, Mr Suarez deserves criticism, but the blatant hounding of Suarez, yet United can do no wrong is shocking.

For me, this sort of diving IS bringing the game into disrepute. So why can't he be charged with that? Shame on Moyes too, for not having the balls to call Young out on it once and for all.

Does anyone know if he used to dive at Villa?

Shouldn't be surprised at his behaviour though , if his old manager was a cheat who would do anything to bend the rules to get an advantage why should anyone be surprised if he gets his players to do the same?

Ronaldo doesn't dive nearly as much since he left his influence and that's even with Mourinhio managing him.

Does anyone know if he used to dive at Villa?

Shouldn't be surprised at his behaviour though , if his old manager was a cheat who would do anything to bend the rules to get an advantage why should anyone be surprised if he gets his players to do the same?

Ronaldo doesn't dive nearly as much since he left his influence and that's even with Mourinhio managing him.

Even the way he dives looks fake. I looks like someone has photoshopped his dive into the picture.article-1389011-0C2AD99E00000578-786_634

article-2130121-0B96AC9E000005DC-616_468youngret_2198758b.jpg

• Upvote 1

This one still irks me. Lucas was booked for it, yet Young was airborne before he got anywhere near Lucas.

lucas1.gif

The referees always seem to be only a few yards away when Young does his dives, because he's aware enough to look in the ref's direction immediately afterwards.

• Upvote 2