You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Logically I'd say draw whilst knowing damn well I'll be pissing myself if Scum lose

Do you know what? I've never heard a Liverpool fan refer to United as "The Scum", I've only ever seen it on the internet. I have to say, it makes me cringe a bit. I've heard Reds call them "The Mancs", "Manc twats", "Man United", "United", "M*****" (which I find disgusting) , but never "Scum".

Spurs are just so predictable. Everything goes through the middle and they don't exactly flood the box when going forward.

I know it's early days in the season, but I wasn't overwhelmed with the signings they made. Even two of then would have done well to make up for Bale's influence. To be honest, a couple of them haven't impressed me at all.

Best result in the game today for us?

Logic suggests a man u lose is the best result for us this afternoon.

A man utd defeat could be vital to our season. A win will put them only three points behind with us still to visit old trafford. Imo man utd are now our biggest threat to European football next season. I'd be very surprised if they finished lower than sixth. If we finish one place ahead of the mancs it should ensure euro football next year and probably champions league.*

* thinly veiled post to try to add logic and reason to me wanting them to get fucking hammered.

Spurs are just so predictable. Everything goes through the middle and they don't exactly flood the box when going forward.

I know it's early days in the season, but I wasn't overwhelmed with the signings they made. Even two of then would have done well to make up for Bale's influence. To be honest, a couple of them haven't impressed me at all.

The most impressive signing they made for me was Lamela and he doesn't seem to be getting a chance in the League games

I fancy th mancs to beat Arsenal today, which won't be good as it could be their resurgence. Arsenal tend to bottle it against the mancs.

completely different bottling it against Moyes to Ferguson though and whilst I agree that Wenger has bottled it over the years against Ferguson and do think Arsenal will bottle the title in general once again this season, previous instances against the Mancs are all out of the window this season imo

Thats not to say they can't win today, with Rooney and Van Persie etc you've always got a chance but they aren't the same beast as they were previously

As long as they beat us to signing them, that's all they care about. Glad they're not setting the world alight, but I think that's more down to Villas Boas than anything else. Bale papered over some serious cracks in the way he approches games, and if it weren't for some outrageous diving winning penalties (this season and last) they wouldn't be anywhere near where they are now.

• Upvote 1

But that might lead to Moyes being sacked them ending up with someone good.

Personally I don't think the problem stops at Moyes, if they bought him out of his contract which will cost a bit I imagine, entering the fast turnover manager stages is not healthy for a club. It will probably mean replacing most of the backroom staff as well. Are there many viable replacements out there who can replicate the kind of success Mancs demand? Their team looks washed up to me, and would need a real financial overhaul to get back on track.

It's early days still and I'm possibly jumping the gun, but I don't think the Mancs will reach the  perceived dominance they had for the foreseeable future. Maybe a compensation cup or two down the years, but I see Liverpool in a much better position to fight for league titles.

if this was us over the last couple of years playing in this match I'd be able to guarantee there would be this pressure sustained up to around the 80th minute with Krul playing a blinder then Newcastle would get a sucker punch goal.

I hope the same happens to Spurs

• Upvote 1

cant believe im actually hoping the mancs to win today, if we are to win the premier league this year arsenal need to lose. and thats why i hope the manc win today.. i feel ashamed BUT i want the title this year!

that was something that crossed my mind but being more realistic I do think its more likely come the end of the season that we will be fighting for top 4 along with both Arsenal and the Mancs rather than us and Arsenal for the title, so any result today has positive connotations for us but I will be in my default setting of hoping the Mancs get absolutely slaughtered, it is however one of those where you wish both teams could get beat