You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

Just watching Chelsea on MOTD.  Early on, they had a really good attacking move, culminating in an excellent ball into the box for Torres... who idly strolled towards it, allowing some prepubescent debutant defender to cut it out.

2009 seems a long, long time ago.

The fall from stardom has been phenomenal.

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Remember him though; he used to be ace. The tit.

It's truly amazing how easy it is to forget.

He was better than ace, he was absolutely brilliant.  Better than Fowler or Owen, honestly.  And it was only a few years ago, as well - he's still just 29 and should still be in the prime of his career.  Shocking how far he's fallen.

I like that Lambert called Mourinho out on his shithouseness. Saying that Shitcunt was only banging on about the ref because he'd just been beaten by a bunch of kids.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Mourinho wasn't bullshitting when he said Chelsea were underdogs for the title.

I actually think deep down he doesn't think they'll win it. That comment recently about not having goal scorers, his lame attempts at psyching out Wenger, even Fat Sam having a laugh at him... 

I don't think he believes. And I think it's wonderful.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Mourinho wasn't bullshitting when he said Chelsea were underdogs for the title.

I actually think deep down he doesn't think they'll win it. That comment recently about not having goal scorers, his lame attempts at psyching out Wenger, even Fat Sam having a laugh at him... 

I don't think he believes. And I think it's wonderful.

I think you may underestimate his own arrogance. And, after all, it's entirely his fault. He chose to sign Eto'o. He chose to loan out Lukaku. He chose not to get rid of Torres and/or Ba. And he chose to not sign any other striker. Even with all that, if he wasn't such a shithouse he'd play more expansive football which would help to alleviate his "striker problem". Which, let's be honest, its greatly exaggerated.

They were seven points clear, albeit having played a couple of games more than most, they absolutely were in the driving seat to win the league. Its what Wenger alluded to, Mourinho is a shithouse. Pretend you're not in the race and you can never lose.

I hope you're right though, I hope he's a broken man. He is starting to look like a bit of a hobo.

I think you may underestimate his own arrogance. And, after all, it's entirely his fault. He chose to sign Eto'o. He chose to loan out Lukaku. He chose not to get rid of Torres and/or Ba. And he chose to not sign any other striker. Even with all that, if he wasn't such a shithouse he'd play more expansive football which would help to alleviate his "striker problem". Which, let's be honest, its greatly exaggerated.

They were seven points clear, albeit having played a couple of games more than most, they absolutely were in the driving seat to win the league. Its what Wenger alluded to, Mourinho is a shithouse. Pretend you're not in the race and you can never lose.

I hope you're right though, I hope he's a broken man. He is starting to look like a bit of a hobo.

You're absolutely right on this, Jairz.

Including the last bit about me being right, you'll be pleased to know.

I've detected he is losing his self-allure, and his false underdoggery is more and more a betrayal of his own true inner convictions.

Chelsea are there for the over-taking if we win today.

The cunt is cracking up, and its a joy to behold.

Really hope Brendan completely swerves all the owing much to him, blah, blah, shite when we play them. We'll bum them off the park with the sexiest football ever seen and then Rodgers can say he usually switched off when the translator was talking about the merits of playing Robert Huth upfront.

Have a lot more respect for Lambert after how he dealt with mourinho yesterday, he wasn't having none of his bs and clearly doesn't care about reputations.

On how Brendan will deal with him, I expect him to be his normal classy self and not stoop to joses level, win loose or draw Brendan will come out looking the bigger man.

Just watching Chelsea on MOTD.  Early on, they had a really good attacking move, culminating in an excellent ball into the box for Torres... who idly strolled towards it, allowing some prepubescent debutant defender to cut it out.

2009 seems a long, long time ago.

I saw exactly that moment too!... genuinely looked like he couldn't be bothered to actually run to the ball.

To be fair, sometimes it can look that way and it's not, but (allegiances aside) it's a shame what's become of him. He needs to get out of that club and back to Spain and get a fresh start.

Years ago, Mourinho was considered some sort of genius, and his mild rants were all part of that 'mad football professor' image.

But it's wearing thin now. The Spaniards didn't like it, and neither do we any more. There's no denying he can give a shot in the arm to an already good team, but he's not turning water into wine.

He was (allegedly) sacked for his brand of football, and not a lot's changed, despite a couple of impressive flair players. His mindset is predominantly defensive.

At least if Arsenal, Liverpool or City win the league, it will be a progressive team winning. Chelsea winning the league will be a triumph for dogged resilience :-(