You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just been slapped with a £30 fixed penalty (code 214 whatever the fuck that is) for parking in the same place I do every day outside work along with countless other drivers. I was parked half on the road half on the verge, like I do every day and as do dozens of other drivers. How can I appeal against this? Is there a reasonable chance I can successfully appeal against the bastards?

It's illegal to park on a grass verge so that's why you'll have got the ticket, I wouldn't waste my time appealing if I was you mate, it could double the cost of the ticket.

That's mental. Why was mine the only car with a ticket? There are dozens of cars parked half on half off along this street every day and I've never seen anyone with a ticket. I suppose it's like anything else in this administrative, jobsworth, shithole of a country though - the authorities are under no obligation to act consistently. Wankers.

Where there any lines on the road or signs nearby?

Code 214 refers to "causing an obstruction". Was the road obstructed in any way? Seems unlikely as you say you park there every day.

Seems to me that something maybe happened that some traffic couldn't get by or something, or a complaint has been made and the warden has judged you to be the cause. The fact that none of the other cars got a ticket seems a bit harsh and the chances of a warden passing up easy tickets is a bit strange.

i think you have a month to pay the £30 or £60 after that is it? It may be worth a stab at writing to the council or whoever is in charge and argue/plea your case (politely I might add, nothing to be gained on going on a rant) before the time limit expires.

I've heard anecdotal evidence that many parking offences are written off after appeal. They depend on apathy from Joe Public.

Also, was all the information factually correct on ticket? Sometimes there might be a loophole there.

fucking wankers mate. me and the ex had off road parking with our old place and one night she came home and some cunt was parked in her space! so she parked in the a space in the road but even though we lived there she didn't have a residential parking permit as we had our own spaces ! low and behold she got a fucking ticket - appealed it through principal more than the fee and they fucking put it up!!!! grade 1 cunts these traffic wardens and the puppet masters that control them.

Cheers Gumps. I may write a polite letter and see what happens. I can't see how I was being any more or less obstructive than anyone else parked along the road. It's just bizarre.

Edit: Saying that, the ticket says the only courses of action are to pay it or to apply to have it dealt with by a court. Fucking wankers.

Good luck. Least you'll know where you stand. Could get expensive if you get done regularly!

Pisses me right off. I work for a London based media firm and we run the media services contract at a large Yorkshire based retailer. As we're considered "contractors" (pronounced "scum" by the staff here) we're not allowed to use the nice shiny car park facilities they have on site and are forced to park out on the road even though there are dozens of spaces free. Several other contractors have had their cars damaged, vandalised and ticketed. On the plus side we don't have to pay for parking but on the negative side it's like a fucking lottery as to whether your car's going to be scratched or ticketed when you leave work. It's getting on my tits working here.

If its council issued you are in the shit but with Private Companies just dont respond to any of their correspondence as they are powerless.

There is a website called PePiPoo: Helping the motorist to get justice which is very helpful on these matters.

Cheers Vlad. I've posted on there and will take whatever advice they throw at me.

With Private firms there is a set of letters they send out,all the templates are available on there somewhere and if you dont pay after that they just leave you alone.

They make their money out of those of us who are ignorant on these matters and the vulnerable pensioners and such like who just pay out because they are hotwired to be decent people unlike the cunts who own these Parking firms.

Good luck.

Just been slapped with a £30 fixed penalty (code 214 whatever the fuck that is) for parking in the same place I do every day outside work along with countless other drivers. I was parked half on the road half on the verge, like I do every day and as do dozens of other drivers. How can I appeal against this? Is there a reasonable chance I can successfully appeal against the bastards?

Maybe one of those layabouts ( as you call them) on the dole just got a Traffic Wardens job and worked it right up you.

You could always use your Jubilee pushbike.

Maybe one of those layabouts ( as you call them) on the dole just got a Traffic Wardens job and worked it right up you.

You could always use your Jubilee pushbike.

Not sure if I've ever used the word "layabout" to describe someone out of work mate. I'd suggest you get your fucking facts right before you start trying to throw your weight around. Just an idea, like.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't realise Silverlining was a traffic warden.

Ghanaian bloke I work pulled a great one on the local traffic warden.

He pulled up outside the shop to get his nightly chicken and chips and spotted the warden just as he pulled up.He got out and said to him,"I'm glad I found you,there is a traffic warden in ...Rd.Some lads are beating him up". With that the traffic warden starts running off down the road to help and he goes in gets his food