You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton at Home 13/03/2012

Xherdan

Good performance all round.

Fullbacks especially, Kelly and Enrique we're fantastic.

Everybody had a top game though. Suarez as usual was a nightmare for the opposition, Everton just shat themselves anytime he was on the ball.

I think we looked brilliant moving the ball about tonight, don't think that its a coincidence with Stevie being in there instead of Adam. But the whole team was on form tonight.

If we only we had a finisher. We would have seen a few more of tonights result over the course of the year.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Much, much better. Gerrard and Suarez will take the plaudits but there were other players that deserve a mention. Carroll had a really good game and looked much better on the deck, Enrique looked back to his assured self after a pretty dodgy spell. Spearing went about his work and was very efficient and Kelly was great, posed a real question in regards to the right-back position.

Gerrard is fucking class and showed a real understanding with Suarez.

Everton were fucking piss poor, offered nothing up top and have some right twats playing for them.

I guess that underlines in blood exactly how important Stevie still is to solving our scoring dilemma.

Now, for another two trips to Wembley!

Superbly played, lads. A proud day right up there with some of the best of them.

Goals from midfield has been a big problem for us this season. I really think that Carroll is vital as he allows stevie and suarez to play closer together which results in our best football. Having a holding midfielder in jay rather than adam also helps. Anyway, great stuff, hopefully more of the same on sunday then draw the fuckers in the semis!

All Suarez has been lacking all year is someone to be there to finish off the usually spectacular bits of attacking play he creates.

I was watching him tonight thinking I'd almost play him as a winger if we bought a really good forward. Or at the very least play a 4-3-3 with him being one of the forwards off to the left or right of an out and out frontman.

That was very satisfying. We looked well up for it and dominated from start to finish. The midfield looked better without Adam, and with Spearing sitting it allowed Stevie to get forward, and he showed tonight that he is our best finisher.

The one regret I have is not about the game as such, but about what we have done up until now. If we had this sort of application throughout the season I think we'd be in a title fight now. As it is, we are probably too far back to even contest fourth, although if we finish strong we will see what happens.

Yeah but i've put a bet on a double chance Everton/Draw for the sole reason that i'm the worlds worst bettor and always lose.

I've also stuck quite a few quid on under 2.5 goals so expect it to be a 9 goal thriller.

Keep betting like that son and we'll be playing CL football next season.

It's amazing how quiet it is in here compared to when we lose.

You'd never guess we'd just won the derby.

Well in my own experience, usually Im in a pub watching us. If we lose I come home, if we win I stay on and get pished out of my skull.

I'd guess its much the same for many.

great result, great team display and great individual performance from the skipper. We have to go on a run now and try and get at least 5th place so we can say we've improved on our final league position from last season.

Plenty to be positive about. kelly was fantastic as were carra and skrtel (again), enrique and downing linked well (downing did go missing for a while second half but he played well on the whole), spearing and Gerrard worked very well together against a quality player in fellaini. Henderson had a very poor game but even he showed he has good passing ability playing suarez in behind a couple of times and a nice ball for kelly to power on to first half. carroll and suarez had some good moments playing off each other and overall carroll had probably his best game for us.

I'd go with the same side on saturday against Stoke.

Wow, after all the billy big bollocks talk I've been getting off that shower all week I'm not sure the same team turned up at Anfield tonight. What a load of fucking shite they are! Abject, pathetic display, they had no answer to us whatsoever. Awful awful team.

Didn't see that coming tonight but fair play, we turned up and did the business.

All put a shift in tonight, special mentions to Stevie, Speo, Suarez and Carroll who in my opinion would have been MOM if not for Stevie. Best showing in a red shirt, dominated their backline, absolute handful, and classy and productive on the deck. Kenny, please keep the lad in the fucking team for Christs sake!

Shame it's too little too late in the league though, a real shame. It's frustrating as we have threatened a performance like that for so long. But fuck it, let's just enjoy it for what it is.

10 more years Moyesy lad!