You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nobody gives a shit about the story, but I think everybody gives a shit about being labelled racist (as part of the club), and in the age of the internet when you don't have to physically purchase the paper/magazine to respond, clicking through is inevitable.

It is the downside to the internet, it is the reason why you are persuded to purchase online to mitigate the opportunity to assess and question, you work from impulse.

It's self perpetuating. No-one reads the (non) story, they cease to produce them and they start reporting real news until the readers come back.

People who take little responsibilty for their actions - in this case the inevitable clicking of links - deserve all the angst that falls upon them. And in doing so they continue to fuel the hand that is constantly smacking them in the face.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's truly shocking. You watch eastenders?

I have no fucking say in it, and it's hard to eat your dinner and use an ipad at the same time, so i just give up and stare blankly at the avant-garde masterpiece that my missus watches. She watches it like it's a fucking job, that's what does my head in, like she's got to clock in at 7.30 and do her 30 minute shift. No laughing, no emotion, just monitoring it. It's like she's head of CCTV for Walford borough and just needs to ensure it's all going ok. Why? Just...why...

It's a good thing she's got big tits and likes sucking my cock, otherwise we'd have very little to share.

It's self perpetuating. No-one reads the (non) story, they cease to produce them and they start reporting real news until the readers come back.

People who take little responsibilty for their actions - in this case the inevitable clicking of links - deserve all the angst that falls upon them. And in doing so they continue to fuel the hand that is constantly smacking them in the face.

I think the sooner paywalls come into effect the better! I am as guilty as anybody of clicking through. Although I buy the I and the Guardian, I do browse a few papers sports sections.

In this instance I would disagree in that I don't think clicking on the story is necessarily the problem it is responding (usually via Twitter and usually involving a few cunts, bollocks and fucks!). If you ignore and don't respond they move on, Barclay is a case in point.

As I say, i think this is stretching it even for this frenzy generating country! No doubt someone will forget to look at the Queen in the right way and we will move on.

I think it's awful that Pepe Reina wanted to broaden his horizons by bringing a black bi-lingual guide with him to meet real Africans and to see how live in their villages. He even doesn't put up a fight when the tribal leader wants to marry him. Way to go Pep! That's called takin' one for the boys.

I do however have a problem with ageist, sexist portrayal of the partially sighted bus-driver. Tut tut Pep!!

Absolutely no-one gives a shit about this, yet there are links to the Mail adn Guardian articles on here and probably every Liverpool forum. We are paying their bills. Again.

The penny has got to drop soon so if people don't like what they are reading, I wish they would simply stop reading it, let alone disseminating it around forums. With links.

Yes, of course. We should just allow Pepe to be labelled racist. I'm sure he and his family won't mind that stigma. We should be quiet. We should just allow it to happen. And if we are, who knows, maybe they'll draw a line under it. Maybe a double line. One marked with a dayglow highlighter.

Just like last time.

Oh...

Yes, of course. We should just allow Pepe to be labelled racist.

Sure, but what exactly are you doing to help his cause? Showing some outrage on an internet forum? Fuck all that will be doing, I'm afraid.

The only way to change the media is to stop watching/reading/listening and they will change their tune eventually and start reporting real news rather than this crap.

Sure, but what exactly are you doing to help his cause? Showing some outrage on an internet forum? Fuck all that will be doing, I'm afraid.

The only way to change the media is to stop watching/reading/listening and they will change their tune eventually and start reporting real news rather than this crap.

Sound sentiments, and I agree, but pissing into the wind I'm afraid as there are plenty of morons who lap this kind of horse shite tittle tattle up. I don't watch the likes of Jeremy Kyle, and I'm sure neither do you, but still programs like that are there. Being watched. By fucking cretins.

A few of us are prepared to get off our arses. Not that we'd bother discussing what we're doing with somebody like you. In the end it may not do any good, but at least we'll have tried instead of taking the path of least resistance. Stick to waving your white flag.

A few of us are prepared to get off our arses. Not that we'd bother discussing what we're doing with somebody like you. In the end it may not do any good, but at least we'll have tried instead of taking the path of least resistance. Stick to waving your white flag.

Trust me, if people ignored the media, it would change its ways a damnsight quicker than your petition of whatever you're doing, Anubis. You call it the path of least resistance, I call it common sense.

But that's not to say I don't wish you and your cohorts the very best of luck in your endeavours to change the media's ways. It could certainly do with doing so.

Yes. And said without any hint of irony. It would appear that a self professed champion of equal rights has no issue with equating being gay with being backward, stupid, and animalistic.

The oppressed oppressing - and it absolutely knocks me sick.

No you're wrong. The best way to force social change is, in fact, to do absolutely nothing. If history has taught us anything its that. Or am I confusing history with major tom?

Of course it is still on' date=' how the fuck is some whiny cunt in England going to get an ad in Spain banned? This whole episode just shows us cos of who we are these cunts think it is ok to fuck with us "Oh they wont do anything they have too much to lose" "it isnt the Liverpool way to kick our warty little bums into touch" Anyone who has seen those adverts will know that there is nothing ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOTHING racist about them but we have this absolute cunt Woolley trying to make something out of it fuck off Woolley fuck off Guardian twats and all other papers who distribute this sort of filth you fucking racist xenophobic gay bashing animalistic cunts.[/quote']

Of course it should not have been pulled, which it seems it hasn't. But it was reperted that it had been pulled. Is all I'm saying.

Sorry mate no' date=' none of that was intended to be directed at you, I am just a little bit pissed off about this whole thing so I am sorry if you thought that was in anyway directed at you.[/quote']

I find the whole affair sickening. A professional black man is such a low-grade insult to anyone's intelligence.

Take it away Morgan:

[YOUTUBE]Mh8mUia75k8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]