You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

People who can not follow a simple request/order in work.

Sometimes I will explain to you why I want something done in a particular way as it isn't the most obvious way to someone without the full knowledge of the situation.

Other times I will tell you to do it and expect you to fucking to do it as I am your boss and you're paid to do shit I tell you.

People who join a gym then go and do absolutely fuck all when they get there. Last night some lad just did about 4 exercises and was constantly texting or on the phone to his mates. Three lads just wandered round aimlessly just talking doing the odd exercise on a weight machine then just sitting there doing nothing or gabbing like a bunch of old women at the bingo The whole point of going is to get fit and exercise not do what you normally do at home watching the telly or sitting round your mates house.

Were they wearing these?

Hehe, yeah that's usually the kind of shit footwear you see on such plebs. Titheads.

I love watching the women who put a magazine over the exercise bike display panel. Then casually flick though, text and then read. Usually then take it of 15-20 mins later to show 70 cals burned. I mean you can burn up more squeezing out a good shit.

Hehe, yeah that's usually the kind of shit footwear you see on such plebs. Titheads.

I love watching the women who put a magazine over the exercise bike display panel. Then casually flick though, text and then read. Usually then take it of 15-20 mins later to show 70 cals burned. I mean you can burn up more squeezing out a good shit.

There's literally no point in them going, if you bust a gut and get a big sweat on they look at you as if you are stupid. The exercise bikes are ideal for lazy twats who want to read magazines, why not actually push yourself you fat lazy twats?

Nearly all the lads who go just for the weights in my gym wear those shoes. It's weird because they're all muscled up on the arms' date=' shoulders and chest but then their calves are like a 5 year old girls because they do no cardio.[/quote']

Snap.

They all wear shit vests too.

Proper bellends.

Nearly all the lads who go just for the weights in my gym wear those shoes. It's weird because they're all muscled up on the arms, shoulders and chest but then their calves are like a 5 year old girls because they do no cardio.

You don't even need to do cardio really, not saying it's bad just saying it's not necessary to achieve a proportioned (and more efficient) muscular physique (a decent amount is necessary for endurance though). The problem they face, is that they hate doing squats for the most part. In fact I'd say your average gym rat hates any sort of compound lift except bench press (even then usually not free weights so it's isolated) and instead do curls and all the muscle isolation exercises which leads to excessive bulk in some areas and under-worked muscles in others. Stupid really because your legs are stronger than your arms and you should really be trying to promote synergy within your body when working out but that's not what sells in the movies so they don't care.

There's literally no point in them going, if you bust a gut and get a big sweat on they look at you as if you are stupid. The exercise bikes are ideal for lazy twats who want to read magazines, why not actually push yourself you fat lazy twats?

Yea that's another thing that pisses me off. Not them reading, I could careless what they do, but the fact that when you're pushing yourself they look at you like you're some type of psycho. It's ridiculous, also the people who I know somewhat, but don't go the gym with, that happen to be there and want to chat it up like you're long lost pals. Maybe I'm just a dick but I'm not there to chat it up with someone I barely talk to as is, so unless you're a good looking woman just leave me to my fucking workout please so I can get in and get out.

I've done more work in a hour at the gym than I've seen some people do in 3...

When people say could care less when they meant couldn't. Not the people who say it, the fact that the world we live in has become so abbreviated that even the way people speak has led to others thinking this is the correct phrase.

You couldn't care less. It means you care absolutely no amount at all. It is not possible for you to care less.

You could care less. It means you care an amount. Some amount of caring is going on. It is possible for you to care less, because you do care at least a little bit.

The Liverpool Echo constantly reporting gangland murders and glamourising drug dealers who are made out to be master criminals. Anyone would think Liverpool is a pre-batman Gotham City or 1930's Chicago. Every time Curtis Warren puts in another appeal it constitutes a front page headline, the other night they profiled James Pancake Taylor and asked people to grass him up if they seen him in a bar on the Costa Del Sol.

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

I don't know The Guest...my calves ache like nothing else after 5 minutes fast walking @ 4.5mph on a gradient of 8.5 on the tread mill...

Anyway rant....twats as mates..

I generally go away on my own but to the same place in Malta....so have mates there...

June....a pub mate,not long term....thinks it'll be a good idea to join me to watch Euro's abroad so he pays to go.....and gets too peshed on beer and pain killers and misses the flight

Sept...a real mate pays to go with me ...next week i fly,and thus far have not heard from him...ignores texts...blanks my brother when he see's him out...so 4/9 he won't go either...

If only i had Michael O'Leary's e-mail address...i'd give him these 2 numpty's addressess...he'll send them a Christmas card, as Ryanair have had their money.....but theseats were "empty"(probably re-sold)..

Not a rant as such as prefer to go on my own....more a chin stroking thoughtful statement...but you get my meaning!

There are plenty of fat birds in the gym I go to who are clearly fans of the 'burn off 80 calories so I can have a bar of Galaxy and a bottle of wine later with the girlz teeheee' school of exercise. It is quite funny watching them.

There is one in particular who is so fat that she must not be able to buy gym gear - she wears a sort of light dress and blouse for the treadmill.

Was talking to a guy in work about cardio and I said I try and aim for at least 600 calories burned in a session. A girl overheard us talking and was convinced that burning off more than 400 calories in exercise would be dangerous.

Fucking hell.

There are plenty of fat birds in the gym I go to who are clearly fans of the 'burn off 80 calories so I can have a bar of Galaxy and a bottle of wine later with the girlz teeheee' school of exercise. It is quite funny watching them.

There is one in particular who is so fat that she must not be able to buy gym gear - she wears a sort of light dress and blouse for the treadmill.

Was talking to a guy in work about cardio and I said I try and aim for at least 600 calories burned in a session. A girl overheard us talking and was convinced that burning off more than 400 calories in exercise would be dangerous.

Fucking hell.

The fuck?

The fuck?

No idea. Just the usual problem women seem to have with retaining and accessing information in their brains.

On the subject of women and dieting obsession - particularly wine and chocolate?

It isn't addictive, you don't *need* it. You just read stupid books like Bridget Jones and watch Sex in the City which cause this nonsense.

If you are going on a diet, stop putting that shit in your mouth. Eat a well-balanced meal three times a day and cut the fucking wine and chocolate out during the week.

Also cracks me up how women will also say stuff like 'Oh, I'm on a diet. So I just won't eat breakfast. And I'll have three days where I just eat some special K. And tuesday is no-carbs'. There is just no thought or research about it. Just fads / neurotic decision making.

Fella's seem to either make a rational choice of how to lose the weight (i.e. 'I'll pack in the booze during the week and go the gym a few times') or don't bother. Women just have to do something crazy like starve themselves and when they don't lose any weight they get all emo about it.

They are fucking bonkers.

No idea. Just the usual problem women seem to have with retaining and accessing information in their brains.

On the subject of women and dieting obsession - particularly wine and chocolate?

It isn't addictive, you don't *need* it. You just read stupid books like Bridget Jones and watch Sex in the City which cause this nonsense.

If you are going on a diet, stop putting that shit in your mouth. Eat a well-balanced meal three times a day and cut the fucking wine and chocolate out during the week.

Also cracks me up how women will also say stuff like 'Oh, I'm on a diet. So I just won't eat breakfast. And I'll have three days where I just eat some special K. And tuesday is no-carbs'. There is just no thought or research about it. Just fads / neurotic decision making.

Fella's seem to either make a rational choice of how to lose the weight (i.e. 'I'll pack in the booze during the week and go the gym a few times') or don't bother. Women just have to do something crazy like starve themselves and when they don't lose any weight they get all emo about it.

They are fucking bonkers.

It's the fucking idiots who sit there stuffing their faces with cream cakes washed down with a diet coke because they're trying to be good.

I disagree with that or maybe I'm mistaking what you mean with toning and defining them by reducing the fat there?

All doing cardio will do is increase your lung capacity and help you lose fat by burning calories.

Think about it you don't see a body builder wanting to increase his chest by doing the bench press non stop for 30 minutes. The only way to increase muscle size in the calves is to lift weights with it ie calf raises.

It's also why hundreds of situps everyday won't give you a 6 pack.

You can't specifically lose fat on one part of your body either. I don't know what you mean by toning. It's the most overused pointless phrase in the world.

I don't know The Guest...my calves ache like nothing else after 5 minutes fast walking @ 4.5mph on a gradient of 8.5 on the tread mill...

Anyway rant....twats as mates..

I generally go away on my own but to the same place in Malta....so have mates there...

June....a pub mate,not long term....thinks it'll be a good idea to join me to watch Euro's abroad so he pays to go.....and gets too peshed on beer and pain killers and misses the flight

Sept...a real mate pays to go with me ...next week i fly,and thus far have not heard from him...ignores texts...blanks my brother when he see's him out...so 4/9 he won't go either...

If only i had Michael O'Leary's e-mail address...i'd give him these 2 numpty's addressess...he'll send them a Christmas card, as Ryanair have had their money.....but theseats were "empty"(probably re-sold)..

Not a rant as such as prefer to go on my own....more a chin stroking thoughtful statement...but you get my meaning!

Yep any muscle ache like hell when you exercise it. It doesn't mean it's building any muscle. You need to lift heavy weight with reps at a maximum of 16 but usually much lower to tear your muscle fibres. You also need to be having enough protein so the muscles can repair themselves and get bigger.

That's a very dumbed down explanation but that's pretty much it. If you do cardio measure your calf muscles and watch them not grow a mm.