You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 hours ago, Jack the Sipper said:

He's no random Tweeter, he's got 16.3k followers, which is about 16.29k more followers than most of the gobshites who's opinions you think we should know about.

Go on then. Who are these people, where are these tweets? You've already been found out for talking bunk about the journalists of Novera media. 

Go on have another go to redeem yourself. Put the twitter account that's "about 16. 29k than the gobshites you put up" up. Obviously don't include the tweets of cats/dogs/animals.  Go on post them. The floor is yours. 

He's also a prominent 'pro-Palestinian' voice on the left, with allies such as Williamson and Asa Winstanley. Presumably you know who they are? I posted it precisely because it caused a stir among the left, with people disagreeing with each other, which is the only reason it came to my attention. 

As for Novara, perhaps I should have clarified, they've supported him in the past, although they seem to have kept a studied silence over those comments. if my comment was about left-wing journos I wouldn't have mentioned Owen Jones. 

You've been caught lying. You pretended the people you mentioned defended antisemitism. They didn't though. You knew they didn't. You just pretended they did.

You're a cunt. A sly cunt who has no interest in people suffering from racism.

He's no random Tweeter, he's got 16.3k followers, which is about 16.29k more followers than most of the gobshites who's opinions you think we should know about. He's also a prominent 'pro-Palestinian' voice on the left, with allies such as Williamson and Asa Winstanley. Presumably you know who they are? I posted it precisely because it caused a stir among the left, with people disagreeing with each other, which is the only reason it came to my attention. 

As for Novara, perhaps I should have clarified, they've supported him in the past, although they seem to have kept a studied silence over those comments. if my comment was about left-wing journos I wouldn't have mentioned Owen Jones. 

"Perhaps I should of clarified"  

Just fuck off. 

15 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Then stop responding to my posts when you know I've got you on ignore, you rabid manical weirdo. Like I should have to explain myself to a no-nothing get your opinions from Twitter shitposter like yourself anyway. 

You're lying again. Do you ever tell the truth? 

I replied to your post because you tried to say left wing journalists were defending a antisemitic tweet. They did nothing of the sort. You knew that wasn't the case  You were being dishonest.  You were pushing an agenda (lukey boy agenda?) 

You tried to throw racist shit over innocent people/journalists. That was the reak reason behind your bizzare post about that twitter account.

In shorthand. You lied. I caught you out. You're a cunt.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Oh that cunt. 

Rumours that a smear campaign is underway against Labour MP Dawn Butler and the shit about this David Miller fella is a handy diversion tactic. How much of this true is open to debate but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't contain substance.

42 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Someone decided to cast Bradley Cooper and someone decided to go with the giant schnozz.  And everyone in the room was OK with that.

The old trope about Jews running Hollywood looks a bit shaky there.

Apparently Leonard Bernstein's kids have no issue with the casting, nor with the nose.

Not sure how true that is, but that's been released from an interview with them (allegedly).

8 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

5 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Apparently Leonard Bernstein's kids have no issue with the casting, nor with the nose.

Not sure how true that is, but that's been released from an interview with them (allegedly).

Just seen the guardian headline on reparations. Honestly I've no idea where I stand on that issue. I'm not educated enough on the subject matter. Human history is one long line of the abuses of power. Every race has been on both sides of the coin the biggest disgrace of all being the legal slavery of black people so close to modern times. You compensate one issue for want of a better word and there's a million more atrocities created by those who could so did.  Yet it feels just ignoring it isn't the right thing to do. I think Rich countries should be elevating poorer countries regardless of historical abuses.

Shit show species.

9 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Just seen the guardian headline on reparations. Honestly I've no idea where I stand on that issue. I'm not educated enough on the subject matter. Human history is one long line of the abuses of power. Every race has been on both sides of the coin the biggest disgrace of all being the legal slavery of black people so close to modern times. You compensate one issue for want of a better word and there's a million more atrocities created by those who could so did.  Yet it feels just ignoring it isn't the right thing to do. I think Rich countries should be elevating poorer countries regardless of historical abuses.

Shit show species.

Got a link to the article?

How much does Benin owe? Is Tanzania responsible for Zanzibar?

Doesn't seem like a lot of quantification of the ~160k slaves freed as the royal navy policed the open seas to enforce abolition for 50+ years.

How much did that cost?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Ta.

I'd say that the moral argument is inarguable, but it won't happen because (as a result of profiting from the slave trade and everything that sprang from it) the UK is a lot richer and more powerful than countries in Africa and the Caribbean.

Even if you accept the basic premise that you should make people responsible for the things their ancestors did, how do you go about establishing who owes what to whom?

There would have been no transatlantic slave trade had Africans not sold their fellow Africans into slavery in the first place, so African countries surely have no valid claim. They made bank already.

This leaves the people in the Americas, as descendants of the slaves. Except, as geneological studies repeatedly show us, are they not just the descendants of slaves, but also of white slavers too?

Does Ainsley Harriott pay himself reparations because his white great-great-grandfather James Harriott was a slaver?

Can we in Britain claim reparations from Italy because of the Romans? Can we claim reparations from Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco and Turkey because of Barbary corsairs? Can I claim reparations from the Egyptians?

What an absolute rum do.

1 hour ago, Strontium said:

Even if you accept the basic premise that you should make people responsible for the things their ancestors did, how do you go about establishing who owes what to whom?

There would have been no transatlantic slave trade had Africans not sold their fellow Africans into slavery in the first place, so African countries surely have no valid claim. They made bank already.

This leaves the people in the Americas, as descendants of the slaves. Except, as geneological studies repeatedly show us, are they not just the descendants of slaves, but also of white slavers too?

Does Ainsley Harriott pay himself reparations because his white great-great-grandfather James Harriott was a slaver?

Can we in Britain claim reparations from Italy because of the Romans? Can we claim reparations from Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco and Turkey because of Barbary corsairs? Can I claim reparations from the Egyptians?

What an absolute rum do.

They didn't show that bit on all creatures great and small 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Strontium said:

Even if you accept the basic premise that you should make people responsible for the things their ancestors did

That's not the point.

The point is that you and I are born with the privilege of being in a wealthy country and we benefit from ill-gotten gains.  The flip-side is that other people are disadvantaged because they were born in countries which have been systematically exploited to create the wealth that you and I benefit from.  It's not about you and I being responsible for what people in the past did; it's about recognising the injustice of the present.