You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Ha, note what you want. I've proven your lies plenty of times. I've noted your failure to be genuine. 

You "proving" things generally consists of you making claims without foundation, as you are here.

You've said that I think Chomsky is an antisemite, but you haven't provided any evidence, and I've looked myself, and can't find any evidence of me saying it either.

I am sure most can see who is being truthful here and who is full of shit.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Strontium said:

You "proving" things generally consists of you making claims without foundation, as you are here.

You've said that I think Chomsky is an antisemite, but you haven't provided any evidence, and I've looked myself, and can't find any evidence of me saying it either.

I am sure most can see who is being truthful here and who is full of shit.

I'm pretty sure you did a few years back in response to me posting a video of him calling out people who lie about anti-semitism. But, if you didn't then fair enough. I'll accept I may have been wrong, may.... 

But yeah I've proven you to be a liar a good few times. That's a fact. I know you struggle with facts. 

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but is he really implying that a representation of a Palestinian flag is, of itself, a display of antisemitism? On what grounds? 

And, even he feels that way, why would he say 'we're clearly not wanted here'? By whom exactly, other than the person or people who painted the flag? 

4 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but is he really implying that a representation of a Palestinian flag is, of itself, a display of antisemitism? On what grounds? 

And, even he feels that way, why would he say 'we're clearly not wanted here'? By whom exactly, other than the person or people who painted the flag? 

I wouldn’t bother trying to psychoanalyse all that. Even Collier doesn’t believe what he’s posted. He’s a racist troll. 

14 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

ive heard that argument before when there were a load a palestinian flags at a labour conference.

Racist obvs. 

On 01/08/2023 at 16:44, Strontium said:

Why, what has he said?

8 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

This is getting weird now: "listen to the podcast" was another classic Rico riposte.

9 hours ago, Strontium said:

Okay, well I'm not listening to a podcast. Can you not give a brief summary of what he said.

11 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Even without seeing what he's said, I'm going with "No".

(There's a GF tradition - of which the dear departed Rico was the master - of lobbing unsupported questions or statements in this way; the answer is almost always "No".)

I’m not going to re listen to an hour podcast and quote verbatim what he said when it’s far easier to actually listen to his own words. 

But to give you a flavour;

The governments aim is to deliberately disenfranchise Arabs from the political process. 

The government are deliberately trying to stoke hatred. 

Those in power are Jewish supremacists. 

The government use brutal force to repress not just Palestinians and Arabs but also secular people, LGBTQ people and women. 

Supporters of the government stand in the streets and chant Jewish lives and souls are superior to the lives and souls of Arabs. 

Members of the government plan to annex the Occupied Palestinian Territories without giving them citizenship. 

The coalition includes religious zealots. 

4 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

I’m not going to re listen to an hour podcast and quote verbatim what he said when it’s far easier to actually listen to his own words. 

The governments aim is to deliberately disenfranchise Arabs from the political process. 

The government use brutal force to repress not just Palestinians and Arabs but also secular people, LGBTQ people and women. 

Supporters of the government stand in the streets and chant Jewish lives and souls are superior to the lives and souls of Arabs. 

Members of the government plan to annex the Occupied Palestinian Territories without giving them citizenship. 

Either of you going to comment? 

@Strontium @AngryOfTuebrook

7 hours ago, Strontium said:

I can't speak to its accuracy, some of it seems somewhat unlikely, but I can't see anything overtly problematic here. What part of it do you think merited it being mentioned in this topic?

I don’t think any of it is antisemitic or racist. 

What part do you think is ‘unlikely’ to be true? 

13 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

9 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Either of you going to comment? 

@Strontium @AngryOfTuebrook

Thanks for the summary.

Nobody could honestly call that stuff anti-Semitic, because nothing there implies a hatred of Jews (or even a denial of the right for Israel to exist as a Jewish nation).

7 hours ago, Strontium said:

I can't speak to its accuracy, some of it seems somewhat unlikely, but I can't see anything overtly problematic here. What part of it do you think merited it being mentioned in this topic?

The racist chanting, stoking hatred and annexing seems quite problematic wouldn't you agree? 

2 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

What part do you think is ‘unlikely’ to be true? 

Just to pick one example, the part about repressing gays when one of their USPs is that they're the only country in the region that doesn't. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

The racist chanting, stoking hatred and annexing seems quite problematic wouldn't you agree? 

It's not what his question was about though.

Decent article this for anyone interested though as stated Ian Birchells words should be taken with a pinch of salt. The Islington jam man makes an appearance about half way down.

https://pasttense.co.uk/2019/04/23/today-in-londons-anti-fascist-history-1977-1000s-battle-the-national-front-wood-green/comment-page-1/?s=09

21 hours ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Yeah.. 

To be clear, if I said "Jews are offended by a Palestinian flag" I would be called anti-Semitic - and rightly so.