You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Villa away match thread

fowler9

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the team.

I would have played Maxi over Downing, but I am happy. Think Shelvey deserves a chance, after impressing on loan and with the reserves.

I'm hoping it is more 4-2-3-1, with Shelvey behind Suarez.

Against Oldham, at home? I bloody hope not.

I agree. But the point still stand, potentially we have 8 games.

even 7 is a lot after the christmas schedule. Carroll and the rest of the squad are going to have to contribute if we want top four.

Downing and Shelvey ahead of Maxi? What does Maxi have to do to get a run in the team?

I get the impression they are trying to force Maxi out. Just speculation on my part - but he is on big wages and not the youngest. FSG / Comolli might be looking at him as an area where they can save costs and bring in a younger, cheaper but similar option.

But he is playing so well, it is strange that he isn't playing in the first team more. But we have loads of games coming up and he'll have plenty of action in the next few weeks.

I get the impression they are trying to force Maxi out. Just speculation on my part - but he is on big wages and not the youngest. FSG / Comolli might be looking at him as an area where they can save costs and bring in a younger, cheaper but similar option.

But he is playing so well, it is strange that he isn't playing in the first team more. But we have loads of games coming up and he'll have plenty of action in the next few weeks.

to be fair he is the sort of player not right for certain games, but I'd have him in a lot more than he is doing

That's it. We have a long season ahead, Maxi will play his part.

Well happy with that line up.

Absolutely the right thing IMO to go at Dunne & co with quickness on the ground in Bellamy and Suarez.

Will be interesting to see Shelvey get a start, should have good confidence after his stint at Blackpool and his recent run out in the reserves, think he'll be cutting in from the right. Hopefully he will kick on and get better and better with each game as he certainly has the talent to make it big, easy to forget he's only 19.

So what your saying is Henry and Commoli are telling Kenny who to pick? Gobshite.

So what your saying is Henry and Commoli are telling Kenny who to pick? Gobshite.

Less abuse please - it is christmas! You members need to chill out!

No I am not suggesting that.

I should have mentioned Kenny as well in the post.

As I say it is just a hunch, but I get the impression they are picking younger players who have a future here, like Henderson, Downing, Shelvey etc rather than Maxi, who is on big wages and is not the youngest.

But then again maybe Kenny is just picking the team he feels best to win the game. However I would have thought Maxi would be in the team given that most of our fans think he is one of our best goal threats and he has been playing really well lately.

Anyway it doesn't matter, I'm happy with the team and I'm sure Maxi will get plenty of action in the next few weeks. But I wouldn't be surprised if he left in the summer and a younger, cheaper option being brought in.

I think Kenny is building a side that can be competitive for five+ years, that doesn't include Maxi.

No chance, he,s a great squad player and he,s great friends with suarez