You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Villa away match thread

fowler9

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinks thats a pretty good starting 11.

Maxi and Bellamy could potentially interchange there as need be.

Either way, Maxi, Bellamy and Luis on the pitch will cause all sorts of trouble for Villa.

pretty much all the wingers and attackers are interchangable in that line up which is an advantage, I would be a little concerned about the lack of a defensive mid away from home but it'd have to be Carra/Agger (wouldn't want Carra there and wouldnt want to move Agger from defense) or Shelvey who isn't defensive and is Coady ready?

We'll shit 'em.

------------Reina-----------

Johnson--Skrtel--Agger--Enrique

Maxi--Henderson--Adam--Downing

---------Carroll--Suarez--------

Not with that line up we won't, play that and we'll be lucky to scrape a draw.

To win we need shut of Carroll, too one dimensional, no creativity.

I'd take a chance

Johnson--Skrtel--Enrique

---------Agger---------

Henderson--Adam--Downing

----Maxi--Suarez--Bellamy----

Use Agger as a CB but pushing into DM when on the ball.

need another 3 points and to get a bit of a run going

---------Bellamy--Suarez--------

subs

Doni

Kelly

Carra

Coates

Shelvey

Carroll

Kuyt

1-0 Reds

Downing

I approve of this line-up. I do think this is the kind of game where Kuyt might be valuable though (and one where Maxi could very well go missing) so there is an argument for starting him. I'd be happy to see that 11 though.

Why suddenly everyone dropping Kuyt from the team?? ?? What has Downing done to warrant a starting line-up ahead of Kuyt?

I'd play Maxi on the left and Kuyt on the right midfield with Bellamy and Suarez up front. Heck i even will play Shelvey somewhere in midfield ahead of the useless Downing.

Downing isn't useless. I thought he was quite good against QPR and he laid in a cross for Suarez that should have been a goal. His work rate was pretty good too. So not entirely useless. He just needs a bit of luck, and for someone to actually connect on a pass or for him to not hit the woodwork. If anyone is better suited to play against Villa this weekend, I'd say he'd probably do a job.

Downing and Suarez to score.

Downing isn't useless. I thought he was quite good against QPR and he laid in a cross for Suarez that should have been a goal. His work rate was pretty good too. So not entirely useless. He just needs a bit of luck, and for someone to actually connect on a pass or for him to not hit the woodwork. If anyone is better suited to play against Villa this weekend, I'd say he'd probably do a job.

Downing and Suarez to score.

Yup thats what I've been hearing about Downing since day 1. Might do some good if he can whip in good crosses from either flanks on a fucking consistent basis. 20 mil goes down the drain i'd say. Make that 50mil + Carroll.

Why suddenly everyone dropping Kuyt from the team?? ?? What has Downing done to warrant a starting line-up ahead of Kuyt?

I'd play Maxi on the left and Kuyt on the right midfield with Bellamy and Suarez up front. Heck i even will play Shelvey somewhere in midfield ahead of the useless Downing.

probably because you know he is actually a winger? and a bloody good one when on form

need another 3 points and to get a bit of a run going

---------Bellamy--Suarez--------

subs

Doni

Kelly

Carra

Coates

Shelvey

Carroll

Kuyt

1-0 Reds

Downing

That's probably our best first 11 at the moment. Hopefully that's the team what King Kenny will go for on sunday.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

All of a sudden, this is a really important game. If we want to be back in the top four, if we deserve to be back in the top four, then this is the sort of game we need to be getting three points from. To paraphrase renowned American philosopher, Dominic Toretto, "it doesn't matter if we win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning".

This could be, and should be, the part of the season we point to and say 'yeah, that was a turning point for us and we really kicked on from there'. The team has been gelling for the last few months, but now is the time to drill out some results and start making points out of our good performances.

Expect the travelling Kop to be in full voice for this one. I remember us losing there last season and it being the last away game. It didn't really matter that much to me that day. But tomorrow, I want those three points and I couldn't care less how we get them.

Far too many times in recent history have we failed to capitalise on slip-ups and dropped points by our competitors. Tomorrow is as good a chance as any to get that particular monkey off our backs.

Without doubt.

Its the type of game we need to be winning if we're serious about making the CL.

Got to keep pace.