You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Can anyone change LFC to what it once was

Guest simon

Carroll is a beast of a player, I think you're being silly if you don't see that, it's just he's not been a beast of a player for us.

But there was a real downer as soon as we signed him, not least because of the leaked text messages where Carroll was almost begging to stay at Newcastle. I think we all tried to ignore it, pretend it was just a mad day and he was stressed and a bit scared of the big move.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what he's won as manager' date=' but the game's changed a lot since then, and I'm not sure he can adapt. Plus he had a great squad during his first spell at Liverpool, and money at Blackburn. Newcastle fans don't seem to like/rate him.[/quote']

When you're using what Newcastle fans think as stick to beat him with then your argument's got more holes than a leaky sieve as they're more fucking deluded than the blue shite. He got Newcastle into the Champions League and got them to an FA Cup Final. They've really progressed since then haven't they?

Seventh or Sixth was never our true level though Zig, we fucked up. Rafa fucked up, Hodgson fucked up, we broke down. The players we had were not THAT bad, we still had some proper World Class players in our ranks, all over the field in fact.

So the jump from seventh to fifth/fourth was all about getting the lads to stop being a bunch of whining, lazy twats.

Seventh or Sixth was never our true level though Zig, we fucked up. Rafa fucked up, Hodgson fucked up, we broke down. The players we had were not THAT bad, we still had some proper World Class players in our ranks, all over the field in fact.

So the jump from seventh to fifth/fourth was all about getting the lads to stop being a bunch of whining, lazy twats.

I'm afraid it was. We sold all our best players and replaced them with shit for two or three seasons in a row. The Liverpool squad which started last season was far and away the worst I've ever seen in my life. No chance I will ever agree with you that they were any better than the table proved out.

Its basewd at ther club not Kenny I seriously believe not one masnager could sort us out not even Fergiesun. I dont believe our owners will give anyone the time needed to turn us around.

Do you ever wonder why that may be? Kenny bought and paid for that respect with what he did as a player and a manager and how he dealt with the aftermath of Hillsborough.

Also Ged and Rafa had a number of YEARS of complete support before the hard questions were asked. Rafa in particular got off very lightly for a few seasons because of the respect he earned winning two trophies.

If anything, unfortunately, what we are seeing is one of our greatest managers being afforded even less time and respect than they were, because both were given a lot more than nine games into their first full season before people started the digs.

Hodgson dug his own grave when he attacked the fans, and got exactly what he asked for.

Bang on this.

Can you just imagine SSN and the tabloids this week if we'd just lost 6-1 at home?!

Kenny would get slaughtered and some of our 'fans' would be joining in with the media furore.

Tell you what by the way, in answer to Simon's thread title. If Kenny Dalglish can't, then I despair of anyone ever managing it.

But its not just about the manager, its about resources. If kenny was managing Black burn now I doubt they would be doing much better, if he was managing City they would be doing no worse.

I hate the term “world class” because it is much abused. But when we had Gerrard, Alonso, Torres and Masch in the team we had four indisputably world class players in our team, with a strong case available for Dirk and Reina. That is around half a team. No-one in this country could match that, only Barca and Real Madrid could claim to have trumped it. Where whiskeynose succeeded , and Rafa failed, was in getting the supporting cast right.

The past two full seasons were a bit of an illusion with Alonso, Torres and Masch wanting, and getting out, and Pepe by his own hand considering it. Their names might have been on the team sheet but the will was not there.

Inevitably Stevie G’s powers will be on the wane now. Rebuilding to the point where we have four or five world class players on the books wil take a long time, and money. It is in everyone’s interests that we allow Kenny, and FSG, time to do their best. Twice in the past five years we have been up for sale. Only G&H and FSG were credible buyers at the respective times (DIC walked away and turned out to be as big a basket case as G&H).

Kenny has bought to secure a Europa League place – and i think we will get there. A CL place will require us to buy again. When you look at the money that City have thrown at their team, around £600m, to achieve what they have modestly achieved to date, the scale of the task becomes apparent.

Rather pessimistic posting here lately. We are 9 games into a season, 5 points behind the 2nd place, 29 games to play, and all is doom and gloom. We're just fine, for now, perfectly capable of winning against anyone. We have probably the absolute minimum of points we could have had with our performances. This will change, it always does.

As far as if we can get back to where we were, of course not. It will be harder and harder to dominate the national league and European football, Barcelona will find that out this year. However we can certainly win the league and the CL again, and not that far from now. With Dalglish, maybe, with many players of this team, yes, I would think so.

We'll be fine. It'll be tough to win the league in the next few years without massive investment, but if we build abit every year, we have a chance.

Dalglish is the right man for the job and although I think we didn't spend our money as wisely as we could have since January, we should get 4th and that'll help us improve again.

Money isnt the be all and end all in football, you need money to buy players and pay the wages yes, but you dont need a sugar daddy owner throwing money around like its going out of fashion. It helps, makes the journey to the top alot easier and faster but with it comes a whole new set of problems on and off the pitch.

Football is still 11 men trying to put a ball in a goal against another 11 men. Yes the ball has changed, the stadiums have got bigger, the way the game is watched has changed but no amount of money can change anything once that whistle blows. Its all about desire, we see it with cup upsets every year, dont get me wrong ability plays a big part and yes it takes money to buy ability but as Tevez, Ronaldo etc have shown money is not the be all and end all and cant keep everyone happy all the time.

Plus i once saw a video of Kenny beating the piss out of Chuck Norris. Nuff said.

His name is a ripoff of Ngog We Trust o/c Wor Horse. His posts are just blatent WUMmery. He writes in mongish and he talks seven shades of shite. There's a reason his bar is red. He's a bad bellend and he fills the thread with shithouse dog gonorrhea. He probably wears the manc away kit when he visits the TLW forum.

Ngog I Trust is a fucking manc WUM and should be banned immediately. Fuckoff.

If we don't give Kenny at least a full season, you might as well say we have officially turned into Newcastle.

Fuuunnneeeeeeeeeeee mate, where the fuck does it all end? Ok, just for argument sake, let's say you are right, Kenny's fucked up, signed the wrong players, he's been away too long, he only won at Liverpool because it was all set up for him, only won with Blackburn because he had shed loads of cash, did fuck all at Newcastle, should never have come back, blah blah blah fucking blah blah

What then? ...

We get YET ANOTHER manager in, only for him to get the same fucking now, now, now, me, me, me treatment? Shit load of pressure and no time to get results. NO ONE, repeat NO ONE can succeed under those conditions, just take a look at REAL MADRID, loads of pressure, spend shit loads won jack shit (yeah i know their history). No one can handle the job. The seat is too hot. Even shitcoat has fucked himself there.

We all agree that footy is fucked because of these shit daddies who are spending all this filthy lucre and creating an unfair playing field. But in my opinion, it's us, THE SUPPORTERS, believe it or not, who have ended up becoming the REAL power figures in all of this modern football bollocks. The internet and all its apps have given the fans, a real voice, a loud voice, and more power than we have ever had before.

Do not underestimate the power of this forum Fuuuuunnneeeeeeeee. Don't you think that journos, rivals, hell even Kenny or someone close to him, THEY ALL COME ON THIS FORUM MATE. They read what you type. DO NOT DOUBT IT.

If we as fans and posters could only just understand that really we are the ones that set the time scale for any manager or owners reign at Anfield. If we slag off the manager or the owners on here every day for a year, with all the emails etc etc that would inevitably follow, they will most likely be sacked or have to sell up and leave. That's the power these forums have mate.

If we start to pressure Kenny just 10,11,12,13, fuck it, 30 games in to his first full season, we will just be fucking ourselves. The campaign of complaint and bitterness will be picked up by the press and it will snowball, and we all know what will follow. Funnnnneeeeeeeeeeee, I know you love this club, but remember you have to protect the thing you love. The jackals are just waiting to tear us to bits. Don't think they're not out there. We aren't that strong yet. We need to grow again. I'm not trying to stifle debate on this forum at all, but let's keep perspective as we discuss these most important subjects.

Put away the desire for silver and conquest for this season and let Kenny marshall the troops for our coming campaigns. The war is not won or lost so quickly.

I don't want to do this, but if anyone posts in this thread after 4:00pm, I'm negging Simon for not keeping this in the other thread.

And also I wish people would stop calling him a retard, the lad suffers from dyslexia or dyspraxia. Also this is a public forum and he should be allowed to voice his opinions how he feels best, just not start a new thread ;-)

Si, you can thank everyone for the neg who posted after 4pm.

It'll hurt me more than it will hurt you.