You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Well the Azura star's a bit cack but the mage follower is a lunatic. It's a job to stop her killing everything before I can get involved and start soul grabbing. And she started a fuckoff lightning fight with all the other mages at the college. Had to teleport out to get her to stop fighting.

Happy to announce I'm getting married to Sylgia the Tibet in the morning, so youse are all welcome to the stag do in The Bee and Barb in Riften.

Doesn't half get the game moving quicker when your armour and weapons are the fuckest uppest and you die less often. Giants? I shit em now.

Talk about balance though, well into my alchemy for money and potions now, so go out ingredient hunting. Never seen a game before that has you pulping allcomers with an enchanted warhammer, while also gathering wild flowers and catching butterflies, which is the gayest thing I've done since rimming those drag queens that time.

Just jumped on this instead of cracking on with Oblivion. I probably don't have enough time to invest in one then the other (bearing in mind ME3 will be out soon) so I decided to jump onto what should be the better game.

Did anyone have a particular strategy to ensure they got trained five times on the really early levels? I'm at a point where i can pretty much level from 1 to 3 straight away but I feel like I'll be wasting ten points of improvement if I do; what with being fucking skint at the moment and not having enough for loads of training.

Oh and SL, those NPC articles are ace, just wasted far too much time reading them all.

I got one of those enchanting stones which raises the quickness of leveling for all your combat stats by 20% and that has helped me. I'm level 32 and my 1 hand and armour are in the 80's.

You're missing my point I think, unless your comment is unrelated to mine. I don't want to level quicker, I want to level slower at the early stages so that I can get enough cash for five rounds of training at each level. It's fucking difficult. I've already missed a fair few opportunities for training. Not levelling up as soon as you can helps I'm finding.

You're missing my point I think, unless your comment is unrelated to mine. I don't want to level quicker, I want to level slower at the early stages so that I can get enough cash for five rounds of training at each level. It's fucking difficult. I've already missed a fair few opportunities for training. Not levelling up as soon as you can helps I'm finding.

I kind of cheated on that front, I got a follower asked him for his money used that money to pay for his training then asked him for the money back until I got all training, in fact it's not cheating it's using your head.

I think I've wasted my money. If there's no limit on how far you can level up then getting a full five paid training session at each level is irrelevant. The training pushes you closer to the next level too. Hmmm. Think I've been dicking around for no reason.

I also have the archer as my companion, so can do the money-back thing.

Got pissed off with Frost the horse dying on me and having to reload to get him back. What are you doing getting involved in fights? You're a horse for goodness sake!

Just goin go leave it dead now and walk/fast travel everywhere.

Got smithing and enchanting to 100, so weapons and armour aren't going to get much better. Double effect enchanting too, so am pretty untwattable. Might just bin my follower or up the difficulty level or it might get too easy.

Giants toe and wheat is a boss potion to make - 2066 gold per mix and a big skull boost just for making it.

Best game I've played this year. Easily.

Well I was a little concerned that after double enchanting mega weaponry and tank-like armour, that the game would get boring and lose its appeal.

But as it turns out, strolling around without fearing dragons or trolls, and one-shotting giants for giggles is actually still pretty awesome.

Got pissed off with Frost the horse dying on me and having to reload to get him back. What are you doing getting involved in fights? You're a horse for goodness sake!

Just goin go leave it dead now and walk/fast travel everywhere.

Got smithing and enchanting to 100, so weapons and armour aren't going to get much better. Double effect enchanting too, so am pretty untwattable. Might just bin my follower or up the difficulty level or it might get too easy.

Giants toe and wheat is a boss potion to make - 2066 gold per mix and a big skull boost just for making it.

Best game I've played this year. Easily.

I lost Frosty almost immediately. Get Shadowmere instead. He seems pretty invulnerable and he is always around if you fancy a horseride. Plus he has ace red eyes.

I can't double-enchant yet (I'm aroudn 90 something Enchanting) but I'm also sporting souped-up Deadric, some kick-ass war-axes and lots of one-armed fighting perks.

In other words, the very last marine anyone would want to fuck with.

I'm Level 51, and I've completed most of the main quests, apart from the Thieves Guild one and the Civil War. Still not sure who to fight with.

Getting this next week hopefully. I see there's still a few issues on PS3, so I'll probably wait until 1.4 has been released and see if that fixes the lag etc.

Skyrim 1.4 update for PS3 'delivered' to Sony | GameZone

NEW FEATURES

Skyrim launcher support for Skyrim Workshop (PC)

BUG FIXES

General optimizations for memory and performance

Fixed occasional issue with armor and clothing not displaying properly when placed on mannequins in player’s house (PS3)

Long term play optimizations for memory and performance (PS3)

Improved compiler optimization settings (PC)

Memory optimizations related to scripting

Fixed issue with dangling scripts not properly clearing from memory

Fixed crashes related to pathing and AI

Fixed crash in “Haemar’s Shame” if player had already completed “A Daedra’s Best Friend”

Fixed rare crash with loading saved games

Fixed issue with accented characters not displaying properly at the end of a line

Fixed issue where dragon priest masks would not render correctly

Fixed issue where quests would incorrectly progress after reloading a save

Fixed issues with placing and removing books from bookshelves in the player’s home

Optimized bookshelf script in player-owned houses that would occasionally block other scripts from properly firing off

Fixed issue where weapon racks and plaques would not work correctly in player’s house if player immediately visits their house before purchasing any upgrades

Fixed issue where the player house in Windhelm would not clean up properly

Fixed crash related to giant attacks and absorb spells

Fixed issue with ash piles not cleaning up properly

Fixed occasional issue where overwriting an existing save would fail

Fixed memory crash with container menu

Fixed infinite loop with bookshelves

Fixed issue where transforming back to human from werewolf would occasionally fail

Bows and daggers will display properly when placed on weapon racks

Fixed occasional audio issue that would play sound effects louder than intended

Fixed bug related to hitching between cell boundaries

Master Criminal achievement/trophy unlocks properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian

Fixed issue where traps in Shalidor’s Maze would not work properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian versions

QUEST FIXES

The Unusual Gem that was inside the Thalmor Embassy is now accessible after finishing “Diplomatic Immunity”

In “Breaching Security”, the quest token is no longer required to receive a fortune reading from Olava the Feeble

Fixed issue where Galmar would not complete Joining the Stormcloaks properly if “Season Unending” was an active quest

Fixed issue where starting “Season Unending” after finishing “Joining the Stormcloaks” would prevent “The Jagged Crown” from starting properly

Fixed issue where progressing through “Message to Whiterun” while “Season Unending” was still open would block progression for both quests

In “Arniel’s Endeavor”, fixed issue where a quest journal would trigger multiple times

In “Forbidden Legend”, the amulet fragment can no longer disappear after player leaves a dungeon without taking it

Fixed rare issue in “Forbidden Legend” where killing Mikrul Gauldurson while sneaking would make his corpse unaccessible

In “The White Phial”, the phial can no longer disappear if player leaves dungeon without taking it

“The White Phial” will now start properly if player already has a briar heart in their inventory

Player can no longer get stuck in Misty Grove after completing “A Night to Remember”

Fixed issue where leaving Riften during “A Chance Arrangement” would prevent quest from progressing

In “Darkness Returns”, a door in Twilight Sepulcher will properly open if the player leaves the dungeon for an extended period of time before completing the quest

In “Revealing the Unseen”, if the player leaves the Oculory for an extended period of time after placing the focusing crystal and returns, the quest will proceed correctly

“Onmund’s Request” will now start properly if player has already found Enthir’s staff before receiving this quest

Fixed instance where Tonilia would stop buying stolen items and also would not give Guild Leader Armor

“Repairing the Phial” will start properly if player already has unmelting snow or mammoth tusk in their inventory

Finding Pantea’s Flute before speaking with Pantea no longer prevents her quest from updating

In “The Break of Dawn”, fixed rare instance where a quest object would spawn incorrectly on the Katariah during Hail Sithis

Fixed rare issue in “The Mind of Madness” where player is unable to equip the Wabbajack

Fixed issue in “Pieces of the Past” where Mehrunes Dagon’s Razor will not trigger properly if player leaves the cell for extended period of time before activating it

“Blood’s Honor” will start properly if you visited and completed Driftshade and an extended period of time passes before starting the quest.

Fixed rare issue where “Dampened Spirits” would not start properly

Fixed issue where player would be unable to become Thane of Riften if they purchased a home first

Fixed issue where killing guards in Cidhna Mine would block progression for “No One Escapes Cidhna Mine”

Fixed numerous issues with “Blood on the Ice” not triggering properly

In “Blood on the Ice”, Calixto can now be killed if player owns a house in Windhelm

In “The Cure for Madness”, killing Cicero then resurrecting him no longer impedes quest progress

Fixed rare issue in “To Kill an Empire” where an NPC would fail to die properly

Clearing Knifepoint Ridge before starting “Boethiah’s Champion” no longer prevents quest from starting.

• 2 weeks later...

Put a fair few mods on this game, now the graphics are incredible, theres a sabre tooth tiger instead of a horse. My charcter has swords from lord of the rings, shit loads of changes like the area around whiterun now has forest around it. The women have all got bigger tits. its a different ball game just gutted I had to pay for the game again because my ps3 died.

• 3 weeks later...