You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yeah, good shout. At the time I was in the middle tier on the opposite end of the pitch (block 359 I think it was. Right where every single goal was scored which was nice) and just thought that Shevchenko had come close but was stopped by a decent save. When I got home and watched the match again I realised that what he did was so utterly incredible I defied belief. I also love how he tells the story that he was taught when he was young that a person hitting a re-bound will always hit it exactly where they are facing, so look at their eyes and the way they are facing and put your arms there. And that’s exactly what he did. Fantastic moment, and that’s when everyone who could see exactly what he had done must have known our name was on the trophy.

One of the most heart stopping moments of my life. It seemed to take for ever for the ball to come down and for him to take the shot. I was 100% convinced that he was going to score and that'd be that. I think Carra's collapse by the far post spoke for how ever single one of us felt at that moment.

I'll add my own

I can't believe the ref played 6 mins injury time in the Semi in 2005

I can't believe Marsh scored to win it in the 83rd minute

I can't believe the control under such pressure by Gerrard for that goal against Olympiacos.

Didnt the ref play 6 minutes against Chelsea because some Spanish fella ran onto the pitch with a flag and jumped into the net?

The referee blowing up for full time as Don Hutchinsons block was rolling over the line is still the singleowost bizarre referreeing decision i've ever witnessed.

Rather one i cant believe never happened...Bob not being knighted despite still being the only British manager to win 3 european cups

and possibly the worst one:

Paul McShane!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nail on the fucking head! I'm glad someone else has spotted it. I had a dream The Truman Show was based on me and Paul McShane was a plant to see if I'd notice how bad he was because no-one else seems to. Every night people would tune in to the show to see me slagging him off to anyone that would listen and being met with blank looks, while the folks at home chuckled away at another McShane berating session.

Great thread.

- Robbie Fowler coming back.

- That fucking Beach ball.

- That Alaves kept coming back, luckily it worked out.

- David James playing then publicly blaming computer games.

- Gerrard last minute screamer v west ham in THE Cup Final.

- Djimi Traore's "Zidane turn" own goal v Burnely I think.

- The Scum winning the CL in 1999 by two bastard goals.

- Biscan not knowing what to do when scoring against Fulham. Just celebrate Igor, goal is good!

Sadly I cant remember who it was but I remember someone seriously suggested J.Pennant was a better player than C.Ronaldo?

Only thinking G.Barry would be an upgrade on X.Alonso could be close to beating that.

Or that Appiah is better than Essien...

Or that Appiah is better than Essien...

Nothing wrong with that, but I guess you need some knowledge to see past the fact one is playing in the PL while the other was not.

Ask a few people from Ghana and see who they think was the best player.