You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Seems unfair for this ditty to only exist on the MF.

Performed by Bad AIDS

(Paul Young)

It's Deadline day

There's no need to be afraid

on Deadline day

We let in light and we banish shade

(Boy George)

And in our world of plenty

We can spread a smile of joy

Throw your arms around Everton

On Deadline day

(George Michael)

But say a prayer

Pray for the other ones

On Deadline day it's hard

(Simon LeBon)

But when you're having fun

There's a world outside your (transfer) window

(George Michael) And it's a world of dread and fear

Where the only water flowing is

(Bono joins in)

The bitters' stinging tears

And the luvvy Bill is singing

And clanging chimes of doom

(Bono only) Well, tonight thank God it's them instead of you.

(Everyone)

And there won't be signings in Everton this Deadline Day.

The greatest gift they'll get this year is life

Where nobody is ever bought

Or even bloody loaned

Do they know it's Deadline Day at all?

Laugh at the bitters

Let them know it's Deadline Day

Laugh at the bitters

(Paul Young)

Here's to you

raise a glass for everyone

Here's to them

living in bloody Woodison

Chorus (Everyone)

Laugh at the bitters

Laugh at the bitters

Laugh at the bitters

Let them know it's Deadline Day again

Laugh at the bitters

Laugh at the bitters

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

August 31st 2011 will live long in the memory for me, as it was the day that I decided to stop investing my money in Everton football club.

Let me say though, before the baying mob starts, that it does not mean I will stop supporting a club that means the world to me. I’ve invested too much time, effort, money and emotion in Everton for me to just walk away completely but yesterday’s turn of events drummed home that my earnings were not being put to good use, and neither were thousands of other investments, monetary wise, from other Evertonians.

If reported fees are to be believed, since January 2011 Everton have brought in £20m worth of transfer fees. Steven Pienaar (Tottenham), James Vaughan (Norwich), Jermaine Beckford (Leicester), Yakubu (Blackburn) and Mikel Arteta (Arsenal) have all exited Finch Farm for the final time and yet, horrifyingly, only three loanees have passed them through the revolving doors in the shape of Eric Dier, Denis Stracqualursi and Roystone Drenthe. That is five permanent first team members for three stop gaps, no matter how good those three may turn out be. Three short term stop gaps for a team that is hoping to finish in the top seven yet again of the Premier League.

If the alarm bells weren’t ringing already when Messrs Pienaar and Vaughan were sold for pittance then they certainly were following The Blue Union’s meeting with chairman Bill Kenwright. For me, personally, the term ‘chairman’ is the completely wrong title for Kenwright; ‘Club president’ would be a more apt description. A chairman should know the accounts of his business like the back of his hand. A chairman should be able to understand income and expenditure upon these accounts so he has a grasp of how well, or bad, his business is doing. A chairman should be able to tell three concerned Evertonians that he knows what the £24m worth of operating costs are for. Staggeringly, or perhaps not to some, our ‘chairman’ does not appear to have any ideas with regards to the financial side of his own business. Any other owner would have been forced out by now. Why does a man with so many negative experiences, in his time of ownership, still reside at the top?

As much as Mr. Kenwright takes the majority of the abuse aimed the board’s way, let us not forget the rest of them whilst we are at it. We have a man in Robert Earl, who’s sole intention was to see as much revnue generated from the awful escapade that was Kirkby; we have a man in Sir Philip Green who is a Tottenham fan with no interest in investing in Everton, and we have a man in Sir Philip Carter who constantly sides with our ‘chairman’. If these members are either not interested, or not good enough, then why like Kenwright do they insist on sticking around? What is left for them to gain from a club stagnating, nay, going backwards under the current stewardship?

Quite frankly, enough has been enough for too long now. We should have pushed on following our only venture into the Champion’s League. We should have pushed on following the fifth place finish and the FA Cup final defeat to Chelsea. We didn’t, and now we are looking at a ship; a sinking ship were water spurts through the gaping holes in the hull. One of the last dinghys has been comandeered by five crew members who fled before the inevitable happens, heading for newer, more stable ships in the distance. At the wheel the captain tries desperately to guide us to safety as the steering wheel comes loose, and his crew members look on at a once bright, shining beacon in the dark and see a dishevelled man with a blindfold over his eyes.

Kenwright and company, I will not beg. I will not ask. I am telling you. Get out of our beloved club before it all ends in tears. You have stated yourself that you are the right man to sell us, but that is only true in a passionate sense. Enlist the help of an interim board to help track down buyers. Let the interim board bring them to the table, see what they are offering and, if it is acceptable, then you may sell the club with passion, with pride, and with stories of what a wonderful club it is. A club built on pride, passion, science and knowledge of the beautiful game. Let the smaller ships help tug our sinking ship towards land, and let the businessmen and builders repair our stricken vessel, give it a makeover and let us sail off into the sunset.

It is too late to save yourself, Bill, but it is not too late to help the club you so claim to love.

Thom

Read more: A summer of discontent | Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

:no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no

Edited by Mr. Beast

All will be saved' date=' don't worry: Kenwright has come up with the great idea of selling the naming rights to Felch Farm.

FCUK Felch Farm is the highest bidder so far.

Franky and Benny's Felch Farm is bringing up the rear. Ooo er, Billy, you naughty boy.[/quote']

They'll be lucky, mate. I think they sold Finch Farm off, and now lease it back at a rate of approximately £1.1m per year.

Hold on, wait for acid to wear off before you tell me what I did

article-2032421-0DA924E300000578-394_468x341.jpg

Hilarious. I've been looking at that photo for about 15 minutes and can't stop laughing.

You'd have thought the photographer would have a digital camera, checked the picture and if it was bad, taken another one.

Knowing how they are with technology and keeping with the times at Woodison, he probably took it with one of these:

Beach_p6.gif

you know everytime theres a play off final and its called massive because its worth 80m or whatever to the winners for getting in Premier League, Everton have been in Premier League for 19 years so why do they hardly ever have any money?

Because it costs them £40m a year in polyfilla keeping woodison shipshape.