You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc

I don't know, but I do know Kenny is supposed to have said that none of the players that took part in Turkey would start (play) on Monday.

Asked about his team selection, Dalglish told reporters: "It's pre-season. We've another game on Monday and we've got to pick another team.

"We'll have people back who weren't eligible for this game. For the young boys who played it will have been a great experience for them, and for the players who played it will be good for fitness.

"We don't want to lose a game, but we've got two games in four days and a long trip home tonight, so we had to take that into consideration when we were picking the team - and we'll also take it into consideration when we pick the team on Monday."

really don't understand why the Galatasaray game was arranged if we wern't going to play a full side in both games should've just sent an XI to some lower league side thursday then given the full first team Valarenga and Valencia together before the season starts

anyway I'm expecting to see

--------------Reina---------

Carra--Skrtel------Agger---Johnson

---------Henderson-Adam-----

Maxi-------Meireles-----Downing

---------------Ngog------------

don't think there is any other choice unless Aurelio is fit

Is Agger fit? (I know that's an oxymoron).

hope so as if none of the Galatasaray squad are involved we are very thin on the ground imagine the only other players other than the team i've posted considered would be

Aurelio(assumed injured)

Pacheco (think he is with Spain)

Suso

Sterling

Amoo

Mendy

Vålerenga are fielding a mix of senior and B-players btw, even loaning some players from 2nd division side (3rd tier) Follo to fill up their squad. Having played Europa League qualification Thursday, Tippeliga Saturday evening and playing Europa League return Thursday again you would think our chances to win this would be good. VIF are on a horrible run of form as well.

Going to the game, really looking forward to it. Sold out now, guessing a couple of thousand VIF-supporters will try to sneak in between the 25 000 Liverpool supporters at VIF's (and the national side's) home court:-)

Apparently the squad is : Glen Johnson, Daniel Agger, Andy Carroll, Jordan Henderson, Dirk Kuyt, Stewart Downing, Jay Spearing, Jamie Carragher, David Ngog, Pepe Reina, Charlie Adam, Raheem Sterling, Doni, Jonjo Shelvey, Martin Kelley, Alberto Aquilani, John Flanagan, Stephen Sama.

If true, that's only 18 players so it looks like things are finally going up a gear.

Apparently the squad is : Glen Johnson, Daniel Agger, Andy Carroll, Jordan Henderson, Dirk Kuyt, Stewart Downing, Jay Spearing, Jamie Carragher, David Ngog, Pepe Reina, Charlie Adam, Raheem Sterling, Doni, Jonjo Shelvey, Martin Kelley, Alberto Aquilani, John Flanagan, Stephen Sama.

If true, that's only 18 players so it looks like things are finally going up a gear.

I wonder if Meireles is injured, or is he on his way out?? He wasn't involved against Galatasaray, so it's a bit strange he's not in the squad for this match.