You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Strike Action

Sugar Ape

Workers go on strike under a Labour gov, Labours fault 

World wide financial crash, Labour gov, Labour fault 

World wide inflation, massive increase in poverty, Tory Gov, Labours fault*

Workers go on strike under a Tory gov, Labours fault

Almost makes you proud

* Labour gave loads of free stuff away and now people expect everything for free, won't work, hence Labours fault

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Almost makes you proud

* Labour gave loads of free stuff away and now people expect everything for free, won't work, hence Labours fault

You forgot any sort of borrowing or spending under Labour = shit with the economy and can't be trusted.

Record borrowing and debt under pretty much every Tory government = *shrugs shoulders*

You have to hand it to the cunts, the general population will believe anything said to them in a plummy Etonian accent.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Almost makes you proud

Lib Dems join with the Conservatives to shaft everyone to make themselves rich, Labours fault 

Brexit is fucking shit and only a handful got super rich while the rest are woke lefty remainers, Labours fault 

34 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

You forgot any sort of borrowing or spending under Labour = shit with the economy and can't be trusted.

Record borrowing and debt under pretty much every Tory government = *shrugs shoulders*

You have to hand it to the cunts, the general population will believe anything said to them in a plummy Etonian accent.

Said it a million times 

We are still a nation of serfs

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/06/2022 at 22:00, Rushies tash said:

Not in Liverpool. Probably why we get so much shit.

While I am sure there is an element of that I dont believe the average anti-scouse bigot has much knowledge of voting patterns city by city. 

3 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Teachers will be gearing up from September too after a 5% pay offer. Be great to watch all of the, "Thank you so much. You should get paid double!" Comments from parents after lock down vanish when they can't take them to school. 

Yep, plaudits when it suits and a total lack of respect  otherwise.

I don't think the majority of people realise just how much a teacher actually does for the wage they receive. 

It's not just 9 - 3, it's the planning and marking amongst other things until late at night.

The 'You should get double' comments are correct though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I do feel a mood change, hopefully not just wishful thinking, despite all the usual propaganda that people are supporting these strikes and also any future strikes from other unions. 

The irony of clap for NHS workers may actually back fire as it was pointed out how important these workers actually are to society and not just work shy hard left militants.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Yep, plaudits when it suits and a total lack of respect  otherwise.

I don't think the majority of people realise just how much a teacher actually does for the wage they receive. 

It's not just 9 - 3, it's the planning and marking amongst other things until late at night.

The 'You should get double' comments are correct though.

I prefix this with the statement that I love being a teacher. Easily the best job I've ever had. However, it's 12+ hour days. I get to work around 7.30 and rarely leave before 5. Then usually another 2-3 hours when I get home and the kid is in bed. At times it increases from that as well e.g. reports, exam weeks, SAT preparation. At times there is a lot of stress and pressure from management and parents to deal with as well. It's easy to see why so many young people go into it and burn out within a few years. I'm in my 3rd year and have already come across 3 teachers in their 20s who have left the proffession. I didn't start til my 30s and feel I'm a lot better equipped for it. 

The upside is obviously the holidays which are great, but also needed due to the stress and work load. The job is rewarding with the children too, never a dull day and no better feeling then knowing you've help a child do their best. 

This will boil down to teachers being greedy, ungrateful and lazy when it kicks off. 

• Upvote 1