You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Strike Action

Sugar Ape

Channel news Krishnan Guru-murtyhy opening his interview with a politician with you said you were going to ban strikes in 2019 you never did and now we have chaos. Banning strikes is banning freedom. The right to withhold your labour shouldnt even be up for politicians to debate as something they can ban.  

34 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

It's not just a few fellas on twitter having a moan, the dissent and criticism goes far deeper. Here's the head of Britain's biggest union and a huge financial contributor to a party who's funds happen to be going south.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

It's been coming! You can't keep pissing off groups of ordinary working people who give an awful lot of money to your party, and expect no action to be taken!

I haven't complained about my union giving money to Labour when I'm a member of another party, but I certainly won't complain if (and most likely when) they stop giving that money to Labour!

Nothing attempted is nothing achieved.

whilst this country has seen the de-nationalisation of major services like  Rail, the post and energy, to name a few, this has also caused a fragmentation of the unions and as such, they sit at varying levels of beliefs and above all else, conviction and stomach for the fight. 

I may have an undertone of the left wing, I’m not, I’m just standing still whilst the Labour Party, the party that is underpinned by these unions, moves tragically to the right.

Starmer is a fraud to the entire labour movement. 

7 hours ago, Strontium said:

People should make their minds up whether they're going to slam Starmer for not doing what he said he would do, or slam him for actually doing what he said he would do, and then stick to it.

"I'm going to bumfuck your gran."

[One bumfucking later]

"What's your problem? I'm only doing what I said I would do."

4 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

It'll all have gone through a computer system.

Basically Starmer knows he can tell the left to fuck off because what he really needs is about 250 Mondeo men in 27 small midlands towns to vote for him. That's our democracy, sadly.

I think he may have misread the room on this one.  Strikes are usually unpopular and you won't court public opinion by supporting them too much.  This feels different, though.  I think those 250 Mondeo men are watching the Tories being an out-of-touch unspeakable shower of shits and the likes of Mick Lynch being reasonable, intelligent and eloquent, and they're deciding which side they want to support.

It's crazy thinking. He's paying his rent fair and square, just because whilst he has been living their he has increased his pay from being just a railway worker to 70-odd grand plus pension etc, it doesn't mean he should have to move. The idea that one bloke is the problem, not the fact we don't build houses, is a fucking sham. 

6 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I think he may have misread the room on this one.  Strikes are usually unpopular and you won't court public opinion by supporting them too much.  This feels different, though.  I think those 250 Mondeo men are watching the Tories being an out-of-touch unspeakable shower of shits and the likes of Mick Lynch being reasonable, intelligent and eloquent, and they're deciding which side they want to support.

He seems to mis read the room on almost everything lately. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jul/26/labour-cautious-public-ownership

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/labour-stance-nationalising-rail-annoy-everyone-1760189