You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Gucci_Ledge
Fuck off.

I will mock them at every chance I get.

#WE WON FIVE HATERS!!!!!

This. Especially after the laughably ungracious manner that club, players (Rooney) and fans have celebrated this whole "19 times" thing the last couple of weeks. Far as I'm concerned the gloves are finally off with the everton/united rivalry the last few years. It's war. I'm not a big enough man to take any kind of moral highground :D

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small time. We're in no position to laugh, we'd have killed to have finished the season as champions and CL finalists.

I'm with you fella. How can we be in a position to laugh at a team that has contested 3 european cup finals since our last appearance in one? Hopefully the times are about to return when our only concern is us contesting finals and winning trophies.

I spent yesterday evening in a Manc infested pub in Bury. Today was my girlfriend's nephew's Christening. The young lad's dad is her brother in law who is a staunch Manc. To be fair he's pretty knowledgeable about the game; in fact he's only the second proper supporter of that shower i've ever met.

I was dreading it to be honest. The thought of them getting their fourth with me surrounded by these twats was killing me. It turned out, however, to be quite the evening. Bitching, winging, sobbing. The only downside was being unable to celebrate the goals as freely on the outside as I was on the inside. A pre-match plea from the girlfriend to keep quiet had to be heeded. Thankfully two Man City fans, mates with the United lads, did that for me throughout.

Absolutely.

It's quite correct to be delighted that United lost to Barca.

It's fucking pitiful making banners about them losing.

They were well within their rights with their 19-18 banners or whatever, because THEY ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING TO EFFECT THAT CHANGE.

Make all the banners you like when we've won something. Otherwise shut the fuck up.

your like the internet version of that harry enfield character, the self righteous brothers, always shouting loudly.

in any how were not talking about the premier league were talking about the champions league, which we have won, 5 time, 2 times more than the mancs.

Taking the piss out of the mancs is completely different from what the bitters do with us in this case. The shite haven't won anything since I was 15 and their pedigree in this country is middling at best. When they attack our club it is jealousy pure and simple. We have more European cups than the mancs, our piss-taking is not jealousy, it's based on the fact that they measure their existence by the eternal quest to eat into our record and overhaul it, so obviously everytime they slip up on that route, I'm going to stand there - give them the Vs, and fucking laugh heartily. The absolute fucking scum that they are.

To use a Rocky analogy. The shite are like Adrian's brother Paulie. He's fat and bald, never did anything with his life, and when he's pissed he throws beer bottles at pinball machines that bear Rocky's name. He's a tragic figure.

The mancs are like Clubber Lang. Gifted but souless, cuntish and somewhat horrific, making claims to all who'll listen that he's coming after Rocky's title, that he's going to take what he's got, and he's going to show his woman a good time. The whole boxing world knows who the real champion is, knows who has the grace, knows who the older statesman is, and takes pleasure in seeing Lang get his dues in the ring. Because he's a cunt.

Taking the piss out of the mancs is completely different from what the bitters do with us in this case. The shite haven't won anything since I was 15 and their pedigree in this country is middling at best. When they attack our club it is jealousy pure and simple. We have more European cups than the mancs, our piss-taking is not jealousy, it's based on the fact that they measure their existence by the eternal quest to eat into our record and overhaul it, so obviously everytime they slip up on that route, I'm going to stand there - give them the Vs, and fucking laugh heartily. The absolute fucking scum that they are.

To use a Rocky analogy. The shite are like Adrian's brother Paulie. He's fat and bald, never did anything with his life, and when he's pissed he throws beer bottles at pinball machines that bear Rocky's name. He's a tragic figure.

The mancs are like Clubber Lang. Gifted but souless, cuntish and somewhat horrific, making claims to all who'll listen that he's coming after Rocky's title, that he's going to take what he's got, and he's going to show his woman a good time. The whole boxing world knows who the real champion is, knows who has the grace, knows who the older statesman is, and takes pleasure in seeing Lang get his dues in the ring. Because he's a cunt.

I must have bestowed rep recently so can't for this but it's well deserved. Spot on.

The rev is correct of course but you also have to take your small moments of pleasure where you can and seeing Owen's mug there is just beautiful. I thought Rooney was their only decent player last night and the rest looked totally outclassed. I still maintain that it wasn't just barca being good, it was also the fact the mancs are criminally overrated and have had it too easy in this league. A central midfield of a 37-year-old Giggs and Michael Carrick should struggle against any top side if we're being honest, the fact that it hasn't before is an indictment of our league.

Always thought that.

I remember they beat Chelsea a few years ago with a central midfield of Giggs and Fletcher (when he was shit). It's just a fear factor.

Guest ShoePiss

Oh yes you horrible manc twats, I'm loving the excuses coming from you cunts. Oh but there was nothing we could do, they are the best. Ha! Twats.

Guest The Chimp
Oh yes you horrible manc twats, I'm loving the excuses coming from you cunts. Oh but there was nothing we could do, they are the best. Ha! Twats.

I'm not for one minute seeking to diminish or downplay how good a team Barca are but quelle surprise that Taggart has got off so easy here. "They were Barca innit" seems to be the pre-emptive strike to warding off question marks over his players not turning up, their discipline and his own tactics.

Ace.

I think you're being a bit unfair on Clubber by equating him with the evil empire. His lines were some of the best dialogue(does it get any better than "Hey woman!"?) in the entire franchise and he had legitimate reasons for his anger.

[YOUTUBE]DJnKm6ftPu0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]bF_iiX1HepM[/YOUTUBE]

But for Barcelona's brilliance over the past few years United could easily have been level with us on European Cups now and ahead of us on League titles and three European finals in four seasons is a phenomenal record. The Mancs record over the past few seasons puts them probably as the second best team in Europe right now in terms of consistency.

Having said that though, the European football scene in my opinion is as poor as it has been in some time in my opinion, Serie A is finished, the Bundesliga whilst being an exciting league doesn't have the overall quality for a team to win the CL and even the best team in Germany in Dortmund will probably lose some of their star players this summer which means they will probably get knocked out early. Our own league has Chelsea in transition and Arsenal being perennial bottlers so it is hard to see them winning it or going close.

Next season you may get a surprise package threatening to win it like Porto if Villa Boas stays there as Mourinho did in 03-04 and we did in 04-05 but you just cannot overlook Barcelona for at least the next couple of seasons.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if next April the four semi-finalists, at least three of them read the same as this seasons in Barca, Real Madrid and United and maybe a surprise package ike Porto (it was Schalke this season).

But for Barcelona's brilliance over the past few years United could easily have been level with us on European Cups now and ahead of us on League titles and three European finals in four seasons is a phenomenal record. The Mancs record over the past few seasons puts them probably as the second best team in Europe right now in terms of consistency.

Having said that though, the European football scene in my opinion is as poor as it has been in some time in my opinion, Serie A is finished, the Bundesliga whilst being an exciting league doesn't have the overall quality for a team to win the CL and even the best team in Germany in Dortmund will probably lose some of their star players this summer which means they will probably get knocked out early. Our own league has Chelsea in transition and Arsenal being perennial bottlers so it is hard to see them winning it or going close.

Next season you may get a surprise package threatening to win it like Porto if Villa Boas stays there as Mourinho did in 03-04 and we did in 04-05 but you just cannot overlook Barcelona for at least the next couple of seasons.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if next April the four semi-finalists, at least three of them read the same as this seasons in Barca, Real Madrid and United and maybe a surprise package ike Porto (it was Schalke this season).

All good points then but you look at the financial investments in all those leagues mentioned. Germany has nothing much and has really started to use it's own academies to great effect. Italy is transition after being a massive league in the 90s and the after effects of that in the early 2000s to now. They need to adopt a German model sooner rather than later, for me.

Spain has the most financial backing bar England. The money spent in this country is just ridiculous though. I don't even mean the Chelsea/Man City stuff. What Spurs have spent over the last decade, what Man Utd have spent, us etc etc, is far bigger than the rest of Europe.

This country should have representative in the latter stages of the European Cup because of that.

That ain't a round about way of trying to knock their achievements because you've still gotta function correctly but the advantageous position that sides from this league are currently working from is ridiculous.

All good points then but you look at the financial investments in all those leagues mentioned. Germany has nothing much and has really started to use it's own academies to great effect. Italy is transition after being a massive league in the 90s and the after effects of that in the early 2000s to now. They need to adopt a German model sooner rather than later, for me.

Spain has the most financial backing bar England. The money spent in this country is just ridiculous though. I don't even mean the Chelsea/Man City stuff. What Spurs have spent over the last decade, what Man Utd have spent, us etc etc, is far bigger than the rest of Europe.

This country should have representative in the latter stages of the European Cup because of that.

That ain't a round about way of trying to knock their achievements because you've still gotta function correctly but the advantageous position that sides from this league are currently working from is ridiculous.

Yeah totally agree mate although clubs who spend their own generated money through success and marketing etc are perfectly within their rights to and I wouldn't chastise anybody for that. Us United and Arsenal haven't had the ''sugardaddy'' as at City and Chelsea and I daresay the three clubs supporters would prefer it that way as well.

It makes things seem much cleaner and purer when the transfer money spent is through the club being successful on and off the pitch rather than the lazy nouveau riche way Chelsea and latterly City have done it. We are in a position to do that more than ever now so fingers crossed it all works out for us.