You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you be precise with figures is what I'm really after.

i checked this weeks ago on wiki...this takes in... league,fa cup,league cup,charity shield... us 47, the dung 52... thats domestic...

other comps... c/league, cw's cup, uefa cup, super cup, intertoto, worldclub cup..us 11, the dung 7... in total us 58, the dung 59...

got this from wikipedia.org/football-records or something similar...

ps...next on the list is arsenal with 38...then the bitters/spurs on 24........

Ok, I've calmed down enough to reply to this post. It's probably a genuine mistake, but you've come to the wrong forum- this is a forum about LIVERPOOL FC. Here at LIVERPOOL FC we consider winning the league as 'average, adequate'. League plus a cup is 'great, brill' and league plus cup plus european cup is 'magical, awesome'. Total domination of england and europe is what Shanks built the club for. Bob paisley described coming 2nd as "bad times". We measure our success by our standards, not those of mere mortals.

mistake??? what???

been watching us since 1956/7, the paddock!!! they were bad times, even tho' we finished 3rd or 4th for 7 years or so... i'm afraid you have to be realistic... these last years have have not been brilliant in terms of domination, but hardly "bad".. were we "bad" in 2005 when we finished 5th..... but still managed to win some other cup!!!!!!

i was at wembley in 1965... think we were 8th in the league that season..but that fa cup was as good as any other we have won since...

of the top of my head, i dont think we have finished lower than that since then... could be wrong, but if so, only by 1 place... so since relegation

we have never had a BAD season!!!!

ps went to school with joe fagan's son..... wrong forum... my arse....

No.

Here's my mission: to hate United, Baconface and all of those cunts. But not to do it in a wrong, embarrassing way, that has no basis in stuff like "facts" and "reality"

Because if you ignore stuff like "facts" and "reality", your vitriol loses some of its impact, given that it makes you look thick, bitter, deluded and desperate.

I suppose I'd sum it up by saying that I want to add some rational, objective thought to my blind hatred.

We'll see how I get on. Wish me luck!

Then you fail, constantly.

What is the point of you? There isn't any point. You are the answer to a question no-one asked.

mistake??? what???

been watching us since 1956/7, the paddock!!! they were bad times, even tho' we finished 3rd or 4th for 7 years or so... i'm afraid you have to be realistic... these last years have have not been brilliant in terms of domination, but hardly "bad".. were we "bad" in 2005 when we finished 5th..... but still managed to win some other cup!!!!!!

i was at wembley in 1965... think we were 8th in the league that season..but that fa cup was as good as any other we have won since...

of the top of my head, i dont think we have finished lower than that since then... could be wrong, but if so, only by 1 place... so since relegation

Sorry dad, didn't know it was you.

This is a good example of why I think it is perfectly okay to laugh at them!

On Friday

James Lawton: Failure to build on Roman triumph reduces Catalan claims to greatness - News & Comment, Football - The Independent

On Monday

James Lawton: Maybe it isn't too soon to suggest this Barça team could be best ever - News & Comment, Football - The Independent

Personally I see no reason why we can't laugh at their expense, the amount of shite that follows this team around is pathetic, as Goatboy noted a few weeks ago, they went from 9 premier league titles to 18 league titles in one year!

Preceding the match on guy from the BBC stated United's desire to be a European great in winning multiple Champions leagues, like Real Madrid, AC Milan, Bayern Munich and Ajax! Brian Glandville had his best European sides and we did not even feature, Benfica apparently where better!

Win 19 and then laugh even louder.

Jesus, no fans better at fighting amongst ourselves then Liverpool fans.

To be honest, he brings it on himself. I gave up long ago trying to have a reasonable conversation with him as it descends into infantile name calling when the dummy is thrown from the pram. I just find his agenda tedious.

Silver, you really should just leave people to ignore 'fact' and 'reality' if they want to, you really need to stop being so patronising, its not your crusade to fight anyway.

To be honest, he brings it on himself. I gave up long ago trying to have a reasonable conversation with him as it descends into infantile name calling when the dummy is thrown from the pram. I just find his agenda tedious.

Silver, you really should just leave people to ignore 'fact' and 'reality' if they want to, you really need to stop being so patronising, its not your crusade to fight anyway.

It's annoying though. Really annoying. And unhelpful.

This must’ve been the most one sided final in European cup history. Purple nose was stunned, he had no idea what to do. Coming in at half time with a lucky 1-1 should really have been what they needed. There they were with a chance to turn things around. They needed to strengthen their midfield, needed to press Barca high up the pitch. That was fairly obvious for everyone but Whisky-nose. He did exactly nothing. No change of game plan. No change of players until it was too late.

His inability to do anything together with the fact he had to prove his ego by omitting his top scorer suggests to me he’s loosing it. Maybe he knows his time has come too the way his hands were shaking. I hope he stays another year or two. He’s so obsessed with that perch he’s constantly whining about he really should be pushed off it.

I'm still laughing at the cunts, especially the mancs at work who are all looking sorry for themselves this morning.. One in particular spent all last week telling me... "52 weeks... that's all it's going to take to match your 5 times..." I had great pleasure in telling him it's going to be AT LEAST 104 weeks now you cunt!

If it makes me small time to laugh these cunts, then so be it! Our time has come.

Man Utd can count themselves extremely fortunate that they didn't lose that by cricket scores. I though Messi was fairly average with his first touch totally deserting him for long parts of the game. Iniesta was nothing special also (compared to his usual level) with Xavi the stand out performer. Had Barca actually been on form, that could have been a ridicules score.

It's annoying though. Really annoying. And unhelpful.

im stunned. i was expecting another shot across the bows.

I just figure you have to let people say what they feel. Right now nearly everyone is feeling it. its impossible to pull them all up.

When you see those twats on their open top bus with sticking two fingers up at us with their shit teeshirts then its personal and i can understand why so many fans are riled up. I suppose they're just footballers and most footballers are thick.

I just hope our players dont act like a bunch of shit houses like that when we win it back.

im stunned. i was expecting another shot across the bows.

I just figure you have to let people say what they feel. Right now nearly everyone is feeling it. its impossible to pull them all up.

When you see those twats on their open top bus with sticking two fingers up at us with their shit teeshirts then its personal and i can understand why so many fans are riled up. I suppose they're just footballers and most footballers are thick.

I just hope our players dont act like a bunch of shit houses like that when we win it back.

Well, I don't care what they do as long as we do win it back.

mistake??? what???

Top Post mate, you tell him. actually you are a bit before my time, as my first visit to Anfield was Billy Liddells last game for LFC reserves. I was in the pilot box of the Paddock, i think 1961.