You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Exactly, I wouldn't be comfortable on that particular high horse!

The Fabregas shirt episode was very tacky, but I think a fair amount of bevvy was involved.

If a Liverpool player ever gets struck in the shoulder and clutches his face, then looks up to see what the ref's up to, then fair enough.

As far as refs are concerned we're one of the more civilised teams.

No doubt about it there has been a growing number of people jumping on the I hate Barcelona bandwagon. The same type of people who tend to sneer at "the liverpoolway" of doing things.

A lot of it stems from the Barcelona style of football is classed as pure football at the top of the hierarchy and anything else is almost getting classed as anti-football. As a football fan, part of the beauty of the game is seeing teams use different styles to try and combat it.

Assuming this is not resorting to some of the cynical tactics used by Real Madrid in the last game. Although I fully acknowledge Barcelona played their part in that game.

I would say Mourinho has decided to tap into that growing resentment towards Barcelona.

Incidentally it does seem he has had it in for Barcelona for some time going back to the Rijkarrd incident, slating Messi etc. Didn't he get marginalised at Barcelona or snubbed, I doubt a man with his ego easily forgets such incidents.

No doubt there will be a book/film some day similar to a Revie and Clough incident.

I would say Mourinho has decided to tap into that growing resentment towards Barcelona.

Incidentally it does seem he has had it in for Barcelona for some time going back to the Rijkarrd incident, slating Messi etc. Didn't he get marginalised at Barcelona or snubbed, I doubt a man with his ego easily forgets such incidents.

He's never got over the fact that Barcelona dubbed him The Translator.

Actually I don't think Holt was that bad, Balague just went off on one by the looks of it.

It's the opposite for me. I find Balague to be a decent chap and have met him a number of times around the city, big LFC fan. I think he talks alot of sense and definitely agree that the xenophobia towards foreigners from English journalists is embarrasing to say the least. You only have to look at our game against the mancs recently at Anfield to see Gerrard etc. making contorted faces and protesting against the referee about Carra's tackle on Fani.

Unfortunately it's just part of the game and especially in such a high-stakes match as an 'El Classsico' semi final. Would there be any complaints if it were LFC players arguing that a manc player should be (rightly) reprimanded?

Can't believe this. The Real Madrid board must have met and said in for a penny in for a pound and decided to back him not sack him. I reckon this will destabilise Barca. Not looking forward to the Wembley final. Not that I ever was...

I hate that Real manager.

Real Madrid ask Uefa to ban six Barcelona players | Football | guardian.co.uk

• Pep Guardiola also included in 'anti-sporting behaviour'

• Club want two- and one-game bans for named players

Sid Lowe in Madrid

guardian.co.uk, Monday 2 May 2011 01.44 BST

Real Madrid have asked Uefa to take action against Barcelona's Pep Guardiola and Dani Alves following their stormy Champions League clash.

Real Madrid have asked Uefa to take action against six Barcelona players for 'premeditated anti-sporting behaviour'. The club have added that the behaviour was part of the Barcelona coach, Pep Guardiola's plan and therefore want action against him too.

Real, who lost the first leg of their Champions League semi-final at the Bernabéu 2-0 last week, want two-game bans for Sergio Busquets, Dani Alves, Pedro and one-game bans for Seydou Keita, Víctor Valdés and Javier Mascherano.

The Real Madrid assistant coach, Aitor Karanka, will speak to the media on Monday before the return leg against Barcelona, the club have said on their website.

Karanka, along with Madrid striker Karim Benzema, will answer questions. The Madrid manager, José Mourinho, who was sent off in the first leg, caused a huge controversy with his comments before and after last week's match.

Before the game he hit out at Guardiola, then after his side's defeat he implied Barça receive favourable treatment from referees before he claimed the Catalan club had yet to win a "clean" Champions League title under Guardiola.

Uefa subsequently announced various charges against Mourinho, Madrid and Barça following the ill-tempered clash, while Barça also reported Mourinho to European football's governing body regarding his comments.

The five charges against Madrid are related to the throwing of missiles, a pitch invasion, Pepe's red card, the dismissal of Mourinho and the "inappropriate statement" given by the Portuguese coach at the post-match press conference.

Barça, who won the game thanks to a pair of Lionel Messi goals, face one charge after the substitute goalkeeper José Pinto was shown a red card during the half-time mêlée.

You're right, but it's like the story about the frog and the scorpion, it was always going to come down to this given the build up- something for which Mourinho has to take a share of responsibility for. It doesn't excuse what happened tho'

What's that story?

What's that story?

Once upon a time there was a frog. One morning he was going about his business when he saw a scorpion lying by the side of the road, dead. He took his wallet.

The moral of this story is that you might have a fucking nasty looking tail, but at some stage a frog might nick your wallet and there will be fuck all you can do about it.

It might be another story he meant, mind.

Once upon a time there was a frog. One morning he was going about his business when he saw a scorpion lying by the side of the road, dead. He took his wallet.

The moral of this story is that you might have a fucking nasty looking tail, but at some stage a frog might nick your wallet and there will be fuck all you can do about it.

It might be another story he meant, mind.

Nice try RIS

From BBC :

Real Madrid & Barcelona protests dismissed by Uefa

Uefa has rejected the complaints lodged by Real Madrid and Barcelona following their ill-tempered Champions League semi-final first leg at the Bernabeu. Real claimed that their opponents were guilty of "unsportsmanlike behaviour", and Pepe should not have been sent off. But Uefa ruled there was "no common strategy to provoke" by Barca, and upheld the decision to dismiss Pepe.

Barcelona's complaint about Real boss Jose Mourinho was rejected because he is already under investigation. Both clubs, however, will face the charges brought against them by European football's governing body over incidents that occurred during last Wednesday's match.

A Uefa statement read: "FC Barcelona have been referred to the proceedings already brought against Mr Mourinho, which will be heard by the control and disciplinary body on Friday 6 May. No new disciplinary proceedings are therefore to be opened against Jose Mourinho on the basis of the complaint lodged by Barcelona."

The row between the two Spanish clubs flared following a fiery encounter won 2-0 by visitors Barcelona. The second leg takes places at the Nou Camp on Tuesday. After the game Real coach Jose Mourinho suggested the Catalan club is favourably treated by referees. Real responded by claiming Barca tried to mislead the referee by play acting and this led to both clubs complaining to Uefa.

The decision to reject their complaints were taken by the vice-chairman of Uefa's disciplinary panel and can be appealed against within three days if the clubs wish to do so.

BBC Sport - Real Madrid & Barcelona protests dismissed by Uefa

So Busquets called Marcelo a monkey during the last game apparently...

Obviously disgusting if true, but I doubt we'll ever find out one way or the other.

Looking forward to this later, just gutted it's on Rupert's money channel. Might see if I can get to the pub for it.

What's that story?

A frog and a scorpion need to get across a lake. The scorpion asks the frog for a backer. The frog says if I do, you'll sting me and we'll die. The scorpion says he won't. The frog agrees to take him and so they set off across the lake, but half way across the scorpion stings the frog. The frog says "Why did you do that as now we'll both die?". The scorpion replies "Because I'm a scorpion".

Basically, a leopard never changes it's spots type of thing.

Heart says that with Real needing to attack it will open the game up and provide a great game of football.

Head says that with two clubs and sets of players so embittered against each other it will be another shitfest of epic proportions.

Any lip readers? this is the alleged moment where Busquets calls Marcello a monkey. Havent had a chance to watch this as i'm at work but Mono is spanish for monkey.

oh...and Busquests is a massive massive cunt :)

Fairly inclonclusive. Looks a bit like he is saying Mono, but the fact that he is obviously covering his mouth from the cameras is slightly more damning.