You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Honestly I think you're daft if you think that not getting the CW games has no impact on this. If the games were awarded here a stadium would have absolutely guaranteed to be built. This is now (almost) a completely privately funded affair. The only hand the council have got in it is the guaranteeing the loan. We've seen how difficult it is to get a new stadium built. These clowns don't even fill their current one. It's a complete pipe dream. I'd be shocked if it even got past the planning stages.

So bill says, "sorry failed the medical, I mean, failed to to get planning permission".

Am I right to believe that if a stadium is 60k capacity then the club has to pay/contribute towards infrastructure costs?

The point is that any stadium will clearly be on the back of a debt pegged to the club, increasing the value of the club. How do you pay for a £400m stadium with at best 15 thousand extra seats?

The tone of the comments from yesterday wasn't 'thank fuck we've dodged a financial bullet'; it was, 'let's all laugh at the blueshite'. Which kind of undermines the purpose of this thread. 

For the record, I would love nothing better than for them to get every conceivable financial advantage and to hear the boos ring out as we put five past them in their shiny new freebie stadium. 

The tone of the comments from yesterday wasn't 'thank fuck we've dodged a financial bullet'; it was, 'let's all laugh at the blueshite'. Which kind of undermines the purpose of this thread. 

For the record, I would love nothing better than for them to get every conceivable financial advantage and to hear the boos ring out as we put five past them in their shiny new freebie stadium.

For a good year I've been posting about finances and burden placed on the tax payer/ council tax payer.

I know plenty of blues that didn't want the CW games as well.

Don't see how it can be classed as Everton behaviour not to see the City further plunged into debt and only certain parties prospering from it. Short term new jobs, short term tourist boost( one thing we have no problem with ) boosting the city's profile ? Use any money that might have been used to shore up infrastructure and much needed services. That would boost us more than a couple of weeks of interest.

• Upvote 3

Aren't we allowed to laugh at them?. All we've heard off them since March is that our heads are falling off because they are getting a new stadium even though none could come up with any funding or designs.

The Echo hammered the subject and there were at least 10 articles a week on a stadium in a dock that had no designs or planning permission. They kept mocking our new stand and tried to take the moral high ground about the club wrecking the area.

They were happy to get funding off the council but never shut up about the 9.5m loan from the NWDA for Stanley Park when we were planning to move there. They suddenly became concerned about a park being wrecked because it might have meant we got a new stadium. Even when we came to build a new stand they whinged about that.

They also have been going on about how rich they are since Moshiri bought less than half of the club and made him out to be Montgomery Brewster yet he hasn't spent any of his own money. Evertonians were telling everyone for years how they are the moral guardians of the game and do everything right. Patting themselves on the back about anything they do but as soon as Moshiri shows up they act like all the fans they were slagging off for years.

• Upvote 13

Aren't we allowed to laugh at them?. All we've heard off them since March is that our heads are falling off because they are getting a new stadium even though none could come up with any funding or designs.

The Echo hammered the subject and there were at least 10 articles a week on a stadium in a dock that had no designs or planning permission. They kept mocking our new stand and tried to take the moral high ground about the club wrecking the area.

They were happy to get funding off the council but never shut up about the 9.5m loan for Stanley Park when we were planning to move there. They suddenly became concerned about a park being wrecked because it might have meant we got a new stadium.

They also have been going on about how rich they are since Moshiri bought less than half of the club and made him out to be Montgomery Brewster yet he hasn't spent any of his own money. Evertonians were telling everyone for years how they are the moral guardians of the game and do everything right. Patting themselves on the back about anything they do but as soon as Moshiri shows up they act like all the fans they were slagging off for years.

Let them. That's the tragedy of what they do. They know that they are irrelevant to us because we care more about the Mancs than them. That's what hurts them most.  

Derek Hatton said in a tweet we shouldn't be surprised as the Tories hate us. Just as well he despises capitalism and I still thank him for all the good he did here for no private gain.

Hahahahahahahahahaha.......

Can't wait for Bellew's take on it.

We will be blamed somehow. Knew they were fucked when the athletics guy said we should use The Olympic Stadium. Can we still have the floating pool though ? It can float around the sky with their stadium.

• Upvote 1

Let them. That's the tragedy of what they do. They know that they are irrelevant to us because we care more about the Mancs than them. That's what hurts them most.

I don't! 

I don't have to deal with Mancs on a daily basis, i don't have to deal with the bile from Mancs on a daily basis, I don't have to run the gauntlet of hate from Mancs on a daily basis. 

When you have been force fed 'peoples club' for the best part of  a decade, then Moshiri turns up and you get told how rich they are - without seeming to acknowledge the hypocrisy in this shift in behaviour - you tend to dislike them intensely. As I do. 

I'm made up this fell through. They were cunts about it and if Moshir is as rich as they have been telling us these past two years, he can fucking fund it and build it himself. This was not, and never would be the game change they sold it as. It was simply a ruse to fund their stadium - and for Joe to have his day in the sun. Games such as this are a drain on public funding. 

Until then I'll have to keep 'shitting myself' at the 'shift in power' in the City!

• Upvote 4