You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

We can laugh but if LFC we're offered Saleh, Pickford or Klassenn at the end of the season how many of us would have gone for Saleh over the other 2?

Think we're shopping for the same level of player, just being quoted more because we are Liverpool and big clubs have to pay a premium when buying players, especially from clubs who don't want to sell.

Salah is on a different level to the Dutch lad.

I'll put this here.

The total cost of hosting the Liverpool 2022 Commonwealth Games is anticipated to be in the region of £672 million. The Games is expected to generate £136 million commercial income with £411 million provided by national government.

Liverpool City Council‘s contribution of £136m will be covered by existing resources and its ‘invest to earn strategy’ through various income streams raised from the Games.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/266254-reds-backing-city-of-liverpool-s-2022-commonwealth-games-bid

ToffeeDan

After their double swoop on Pickford and Klaasen, and the The Games announcement at the 'iconic' BMD Stadium, I'm not too sure I can handle all this, 2 world class footballers followed by The games, them buying the Liver Birds, Usmanov on his way, Moshiri throwing money at everything. This is a really fucking bad time for all us Liverpool fans. The Balance of power is changing big time. I call on all Liverpool fans to stick together through these challenging times.

Prediction League Mod

New

The RAWK Everton thread has gone quiet.. well that'll be because, after the double swoop and The Games announcement at the "iconic" BMD Stadium quite a few of them have committed Kenni Kari*

* which involves either losing control of your bladder before wrapping yourself in a grey duvet like coat and smothering yourself.. or self-immolation wearing the 1986 Double Winners full kit soaked in Crown Paint and Carlsberg.

ToffeeDan, Today at 5:24 PM Report#98384Like+ QuoteReply

I'll put this here.

The total cost of hosting the Liverpool 2022 Commonwealth Games is anticipated to be in the region of £672 million. The Games is expected to generate £136 million commercial income with £411 million provided by national government.

Liverpool City Council‘s contribution of £136m will be covered by existing resources and its ‘invest to earn strategy’ through various income streams raised from the Games.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/266254-reds-backing-city-of-liverpool-s-2022-commonwealth-games-bid

and those estimates for the cost of sporting events are always spot on

If the city of Liverpool ends up winning the bid, you can guarantee the cost of hosting will probably be double whatever figures are currently being bandied about. And when local public services are in the shitter because the council cannot afford to maintain them, ex-pat former Mayor of Liverpool Joe Anderson will be unavailable for comment.

• Upvote 1

Commonwealth games again eh ? We all know they have no intention of paying for a stadium as they've been trying to wangle one for years. Be uproar if they got a free stadium basically.

Let's face it, they need all the help they can get. They've been nowhere for over 20 years.

They're used to scrapping round for the likes of Darren Gibson, Niasse, Kone and Stekelenberg.

In the last 3 windows they've signed Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Klaasen and Pickford. That's a massive step up for them and whilst they're all players that we wouldn't probably look at (although I reckon Klaasen and Pickford would get games for us) it's showing they've at least got the ambition to compete

Selling Lukaku is obviously happening but at least they're making moves to improve overall. Add in the promise of the new stadium and I can understand them being buzzing

Lukaku was a massive step up.  That was three years ago.  They haven't really kicked on since then.

Bolasie, Schneiderlin and Pickford are mid-table players, so they belong at a mid-table team.  (I've not seen enough of Klaasen to comment.)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-40299570

So, the new infrastructure will amount to the Fat-Joe-Amigo-Loan-Bowl and a fucking lido.  Exactly what the city needs.

And the economic benefit?  Expect it to be no greater than if the equivalent amount of public money had been spent on useful things.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news-14-1/commonwealth-games-glasgow-event-provided-100m-boost-to-citys-economy-but-barely-benefited-scotland-10408714.html

Classic Fat Joe's Liverpool - the fur coat and no knickers city.

(Fortunately, the useless cunt seems to be getting increasingly sidelined by Steve Rotheram.)

Lukaku was a massive step up. That was three years ago. They haven't really kicked on since then.

Bolasie, Schneiderlin and Pickford are mid-table players, so they belong at a mid-table team. (I've not seen enough of Klaasen to comment.)

And if these mid table players show any sign of being better than mid table, they'll want to go and win things. 22 years and counting.