You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Even if they survive all this, the debt they carry from building this stadium will end up sucking every penny extra they make from the new stadium. It's incredible really how fucked they are. Feels very Leeds United at the moment. 

I don't get how anyone thinks the new stadium makes teams rich. They've added what 15,000 seats to the stadium. It's not like they'll attract masses of corporate buyers or boxes. So even with say 22 home games at £60 a pop it's under 20ml a year. 30 years to just make its money back before you count interest payments,extra running costs etc. 

If they go down the new stadium will be a massive  issue. Ca t see how they could complete it which will leave the council in a bind of what to do with it. FSG should buy it and rent it to them to generate revenue and keep increasing the rent so they can be the first club to be evicted twice. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I don't get how anyone thinks the new stadium makes teams rich. They've added what 15,000 seats to the stadium. It's not like they'll attract masses of corporate buyers or boxes. So even with say 22 home games at £60 a pop it's under 20ml a year. 30 years to just make its money back before you count interest payments,extra running costs etc. 

No, the minute it opens lorries will arrive loaded with cash followed by a Barcelona style announcement of all the new players they've signed being paraded onto the pitch

Although that's perhaps what Arsenal fans thought when they left Highbury as well.....

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I’m not aware any PL ground has empty corporate boxes  Most of people using them won’t be die hard blues just business contacts on free piss up 

1 minute ago, magicrat said:

I’m not aware any PL ground has empty corporate boxes  Most of people using them won’t be die hard blues just business contacts on free piss up 

A perfect way to ensure you never have to deal with a company again; take them to the pit and have a toxic boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooze up.

8 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

No, the minute it opens lorries will arrive loaded with cash followed by a Barcelona style announcement of all the new players they've signed being paraded onto the pitch

Although that's perhaps what Arsenal fans thought when they left Highbury as well.....

Don’t need money for the new players… they’ll turn up for free just to play in front of the cruise ships.

33 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Fuck me and look at all the likes. I'm not one for a moderated forum, but any place that prides itself on decent would fuck mccole off and all those liking his posts. 

But they're not allowed to use rude words on there, so that's alright.

[Edit]

Fuck your twat, Mudface, you shitcunt wankycock.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

BBC saying 777 have provided an advanced loan for working capital in relation to the stadium, which would scare me massively given the reservations about 777.

It really is all or nothing I think for Everton over the next few years, relegation will absolutely ruin that football club to the the brink. Staying up in a new stadium makes them somewhat viable. 

4 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

I know it is a different league but loads have been punished really harshly in the Championship as well.

Reading

Wigan 

Birmingham 

Sheffield Wednesday 

I think fans of these teams will also feel aggrieved that they were pjnished and Everton just keep getting away with it year on year. 

Derby County too. They were docked 21 points two years ago. 

Derby County: Championship bottom club docked nine more points for accounting rule breaches - BBC Sport

1 hour ago, No2 said:

I thought I'd enjoy this more but I can't. We are watching 130 years of history die before our eyes. It's sad that the people that run this sport allow criminals, scumbags and countries ruin football clubs.

Nah, fuck them. 

We have to endure shit like Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi, sometimes it goes the other way. 

They got a Russian oligarch/gangster with an Iranian accountant puppet frontman. 

unluckee.gif

Geopolitics…

PEye4C.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Don’t forget the mersey will be like the Panama ship canal, filled with cruise ships loaded to the brim with rich clients desperate to get into “our beautiful new stadium on the banks of the royal blue mersey”

51 minutes ago, magicrat said:

They’re saying that they’ve nearly sold all the corporates out.

£7,500 per season and locked in for 3 years.

Cant see that at all. Our ours that expensive?

18 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

True. Forgot about them. 21 points deduction was instant relegation for them. 

I'm sure Evertonians with their Corinthian spirit and moral guardianship of the game will want all rules enforced fairly. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, No2 said:

I thought I'd enjoy this more but I can't. We are watching 130 years of history die before our eyes. It's sad that the people that run this sport allow criminals, scumbags and countries ruin football clubs.

You are making this difficult to masturbate to

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

They had two main options after the Tesco fiasco.

- The 'Sensible' option - On the Lancs by Croxteth - Better access. and would have been in for a couple of years by now and gaining the benefits

- The ' We'll show the Redshite ' option - Once again fucking themselves right up by living their support vicariously through their hatred for us rather than what is best for themselves.

Yep. Even the Kirkby one would have been good for them and done a bit of regeneration for the town but they just didn't want to be outside the city of Liverpool even though you only had to walk a few yards to Fazakerley to be back inside the city limits. 

It would have only cost them £80m.

Now they are stuck with a £760m debt and it might not even get built. The city lost world heritage status for it and the council have also wasted money on it by helping them preserve old buildings on the Dock.

• Upvote 1