You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

19 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Nah, fuck them. 

We have to endure shit like Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi, sometimes it goes the other way. 

They got a Russian oligarch/gangster with an Iranian accountant puppet frontman. 

unluckee.gif

Geopolitics…

PEye4C.gif

The ownership of the club is not the club. We weren't Hicks and Gillett anymore than we are FSG. They're just the cunts who's money made it their turn. I'd be all for natural relegation for them but they're heading for way worse than that, this will Portsmouth on Steroids. Loads losing their jobs, a Valencia stadium rotting away for 50 years, its sad.

24 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Don’t forget the mersey will be like the Panama ship canal, filled with cruise ships loaded to the brim with rich clients desperate to get into “our beautiful new stadium on the banks of the royal blue mersey”

Royal Blue Mersey, another opportunity, paint it blue on matchdays similar to painting the Chicago river green on St Patricks.

43 minutes ago, Anubis said:

A £20m loan is no good for the stadium. They needed £250m to finish it. MSP provided a £100m loan, but that still leaves them £150m short and no prospective lenders on the horizon. The £20m sounds like its just to cover immediate expenses.

It is for a month of operating costs - allegedly.

According to The Esk they were in arrears on the stadium build.

Hi Paul, last week you wrote the below, in respect of £100m from MSP. You say that it 'removes any threat of administration'. Please could you clarify what has changed in a week?

Yes, last week I was not aware of the extent of "arrears" we had with Laing in May when the loan first arrived. They had to be cleared thereby reducing the period the loan would cover costs over and above income

51 minutes ago, No2 said:

The ownership of the club is not the club. We weren't Hicks and Gillett anymore than we are FSG. They're just the cunts who's money made it their turn. I'd be all for natural relegation for them but they're heading for way worse than that, this will Portsmouth on Steroids. Loads losing their jobs, a Valencia stadium rotting away for 50 years, its sad.

Think youre on your own here 

Im in the 'fuck em' camp. Too many years working with the snide 'faux merseyside' twats has seen to that.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, No2 said:

3 hours ago, No2 said:

I thought I'd enjoy this more but I can't. We are watching 130 years of history die before our eyes. It's sad that the people that run this sport allow criminals, scumbags and countries ruin football clubs.

With the amount of money that flows through the Premier League, it must be pretty difficult to get yourself into the situation they are apparently in, though.

There is a historical French club that goes near extinction almost every year nowadays, but thats just French Football. There isnt a lot of money and its the wild wild west in a lot of cases, in terms of ownership. 

With Everton being in this situation with all the revenue English clubs get just by existing in the Premier League, I dont think people really have to feel for them. 

Ha ha ha. No.

so if the stadium is sold, stay at goodison and leave the landlord with no tennant, simples

It is one possibility. If they threaten the club with rent rises then as long as we have Goodison standing we have a choice. We could even groundshare with them lot and that gives us some bargaining power. 

That says it does depend on the contract to how well we are roped into said agreement but I'd hope there would be protective clauses in there from our end too.
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Ha ha ha. No.

so if the stadium is sold, stay at goodison and leave the landlord with no tennant, simples

It is one possibility. If they threaten the club with rent rises then as long as we have Goodison standing we have a choice. We could even groundshare with them lot and that gives us some bargaining power. 

That says it does depend on the contract to how well we are roped into said agreement but I'd hope there would be protective clauses in there from our end too.

Like spending years calling your neighbour a wanker then asking to kip on his couch when your homeless

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 8

42 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

With the amount of money that flows through the Premier League, it must be pretty difficult to get yourself into the situation they are apparently in, though.

There is a historical French club that goes near extinction almost every year nowadays, but thats just French Football. There isnt a lot of money and its the wild wild west in a lot of cases, in terms of ownership. 

With Everton being in this situation with all the revenue English clubs get just by existing in the Premier League, I dont think people really have to feel for them. 

I think you can feel sorry for some of the fans, not too many mind you. And you can despair at the state of the game that means historical old clubs can go out of existence due to shyster owners.

The reality is though that they are only in this position because Moshiri was spending/laundering Usmanov’s money. Everyone knew it, the majority of their fans luxuriated in it.

It’s no coincidence that as soon as they got investigated for breaching sanctions they all of a sudden were in this deep financial shit trying for emergency loans from dodgy dealers.

Moral of the story, maybe don’t deliberately and happily act as a front for a rapist gangster and you might be ok.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, DalyanPete said:

Think youre on your own here 

Im in the 'fuck em' camp. Too many years working with the snide 'faux merseyside' twats has seen to that.

I just remember when Hicks and Gillett were running us into the ground. Got absolutely no sympathy from them and they were all rubbing their hands with the possibility of us going bust and them "taking back" Anfield to use as a car park. 

Then all the endless bragging about how rich they were when Moshiri bought them and heads falling off about the new stadium, building 3 stadiums in the city etc. They all knew that the money was coming from Usmanov but weren't interested because they could spend money on what they thought were decent players. Now they are the true victims of the war in Ukraine. 

Loads of them took an over active interest in our finances saying we were skint etc. Going on about non existent furloughed staff whilst they got £18m off the Covid business loan scheme (which presumably they arent going to repay) and getting money off the council for the clock tower in the dock and their training ground. "Your council tax is paying for our stadium". Thank fuck the council never loaned them any money when they were sniffing round it on the basis that the interest would generate money for the city.

All their bragging and laughing at any of our misfortune looks like it is going to bite them on the arse. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

I think you can feel sorry for some of the fans, not too many mind you. And you can despair at the state of the game that means historical old clubs can go out of existence due to shyster owners.

The reality is though that they are only in this position because Moshiri was spending/laundering Usmanov’s money. Everyone knew it, the majority of their fans luxuriated in it.

It’s no coincidence that as soon as they got investigated for breaching sanctions they all of a sudden were in this deep financial shit trying for emergency loans from dodgy dealers.

Moral of the story, maybe don’t deliberately and happily act as a front for a rapist gangster and you might be ok.

Reminds me of that scene in Goodfellas where the restaurant owner asks Paulie to be a business partner and then he gets completely fucked over with their dodgy deals and ends up signing bankruptcy papers. 

46 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Ha ha ha. No.

The binman chronicles

Player Valuation: £70m

I want a John Henry 'What are they smoking over on GoT' statement issued.

2 hours ago, Red74 said:

They’re saying that they’ve nearly sold all the corporates out.

£7,500 per season and locked in for 3 years.

Cant see that at all. Our ours that expensive?

I’ve heard that prices will have to be renegotiated if they get relegated. That’s from a long standing season ticket holder who is generally pretty clued up on what’s going on there.

54 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Ha ha ha. No.

Its amazing how a blue mind works.

6 minutes ago, magicrat said:

I’ve heard that prices will have to be renegotiated if they get relegated. That’s from a long standing season ticket holder who is generally pretty clued up on what’s going on there.

Yes. a guy on Twitter said he entered into a contract for three seats at £30k, three year contract, but with a PL clause in case they go down.