You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Sometimes you've got to be a cunt to make people see that they are also being a cunt, i call it cunt accommodation theory.

There was the 'One nil to the murderers' chant as well.

Not to everyone's taste but it certainly wound them up.

• Upvote 1

It wasn't a banner that laughed at the deaths of 39 people. It's a banner that takes the piss out of them claiming that they would have won the European Cup the following year regardless.

Spoke to an Evertonian years back and he was adamant that Everton would have swept all before them and won the European Cup. He said "no we would have won it" even though Barcelona and Juventus, Steau and Porto were in it. When asked why he could not come up with any logical reason.

This is what actually makes them more angry about Heysel than anything. They don't give a fuck about who died, it's just something to claim the moral high ground with.

They hate the way the ban stopped their window of opportunity to become this big European superpower by winning the European Cup.

• Upvote 3

do Coventry, Wimbledon & Luton go on and on about Heysel? when you look at the state of them now I suppose you couldn't blame them! But I doubt they would blame everything on a European qualification denied to them 25-30 years ago without looking at anything they did themselves, I think Evertonians don't see it as being denied of a European qualification but as denied them of definate European cup win(s)

It is weird how they think their mid-80s side were dead certs to win the European Cup had English clubs not been banned at the time. Certainly they had a very strong side and one that had claimed the club's one and only European club trophy to date in 1985, but the fans talk of the ban as denying them a European Cup rather than denying them the chance to compete in the European Cup. It's the latter which is true and the former which belongs in the perverse reality that the typical Blueshite exists in.

I would call it sinking to their level, i.e. using the death of 39 innocent people in a game of "one-up-manship."

Some people might say that, others might say it's taking the piss out of their expectancy of winning it, like it was nailed on. Either way it's one of the few examples were we've lowered ourselves to their level, whereas they have thousand's of examples of similar behaviour.

In the year they 'would have won it' they lost the league and cup double to us and were knocked out of the League Cup by a Chelsea side reduced to ten men. If you know your history....

And they also use the ban as a reason all their best players left, conveniently forgetting that Lineker came back and joined Spurs from Barcelona. During the ban...

They wouldn't have won it. If Heysel hadn't happened we would have been in it as defending champions. We beat them in the league and FA cup in 86 so there should be no expectation that they would have beaten us to the Eurooean Cup

Don't forget the hiding we gave them in the Screen Sport Super Cup when we did meet them over 2 legs in 1986 ........7-2 on aggregate I believe

• Upvote 1

It wasn't a banner that laughed at the deaths of 39 people. It's a banner that takes the piss out of them claiming that they would have won the European Cup the following year regardless.

Spoke to an Evertonian years back and he was adamant that Everton would have swept all before them and won the European Cup. He said "no we would have won it" even though Barcelona and Juventus, Steau and Porto were in it. When asked why he could not come up with any logical reason.

This is what actually makes them more angry about Heysel than anything. They don't give a fuck about who died, it's just something to claim the moral high ground with.

They hate the way the ban stopped their window of opportunity to become this big European superpower by winning the European Cup.

Worked for forest, so I can see their point. Oh.

• Upvote 3

Ticket availability for their first European home game in ages.....

#wegothegame

http://eticketing.evertonfc.com/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/standAndAreaSelection.aspx?stadium=GD&product=T15G01&campaign=&type=H

Let me get this straight, the team owned by the company that makes the People's Car is visiting the team that proclaims itself to be the People's Club, but there won't be very many people there? I'm struggling to think of a Nil Satis pun for that one.