You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

oh Steve. One of the worst Utd teams in living memory? Has he got Alzheimer’s?

Steve0

Steve0

Player Valuation: £30m

New

I'd like the congratulate the greatest front 3 of all time who are managed by the greatest (and funniest and zaniest) man in history spearheading their super human football men to their 19th league title.

Sorry what? They came 4th? Behind the worst united team in living memory? Closer to Burnley than the winners?

Hmmmm, all lies!

Steve0

Steve0

New

I'd like the congratulate the greatest front 3 of all time who are managed by the greatest (and funniest and zaniest) man in history spearheading their super human football men to their 19th league title.

Sorry what? They came 4th? Behind the worst united team in living memory? Closer to Burnley than the winners?

Hmmmm, all lies!

Not sure why he's being sarcastic about the front three and Klopp. They are the highest scoring trio in Europe and we're in the Champions League Final. 

Anyone who isn't bitter knows they deserve praise. 

Steve0

Steve0

New

Hmmmm, all lies!

What bit about being in the CL final does he not get. No doubt Steve0 is one of those lovable bloos who constantly say it is us going on about this is Liverpools year when really it is always them saying it.

Yep. Loads have been briefed, it looks like.

He's off, with a £6m pay off. And they're going for Silva, formerly of Hull/Watford.

My head is firmly attached to my neck at the news of such an average potential appointment.

Moyes is leaving West Ham and coming home.

Nowhere else to put this.

Sam Allardyce’s acrimonious Everton reign is set to finally end this week with the club recognising his unpopularity with the fans makes his position untenable.

The former England manager may have reached the same conclusion as he fights a forlorn battle to win over supporters who have made their displeasure with his appointment increasingly clear over the last few months.

Chants demanding Allardyce’s dismissal have grown in ferocity for weeks, creating an undignified spectacle at Everton’s games. It is inconceivable the club can head into next season with such hostility directed at the dug-out.

Allardyce will meet Everton’s majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri in the coming days, at which point the terms of his departure can be negotiated, most likely with a mutual parting of the ways. He still has a year left on the deal he signed in November so can expect a handsome reward for what is turning out exactly as expected when he arrived - a short-term appointment to avert a relegation fight.

Speaking on Sky Sports on Monday evening, Allardyce admitted he was unsure of his future.

“Who knows what is going to happen next. The season is over. I’m going to have a meeting with Farhad and then I am going on my holidays,” he said. 

“I have done all that I can, the backroom staff have done all that they can and for me the players have done all they can. And in the January window, Farhad backed us with two very important signings. Two front men. Both have been successful in scoring goals and making goals.” 

Everton are likely to reconsider Marco Silva, although Watford remain unhappy with the approach to their former manager and could even revisit the threat of legal action first made last November should he end up at Goodison Park.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/05/14/sam-allardyce-leave-everton-week-position-untenable/

Nowhere else to put this.

Sam Allardyce’s acrimonious Everton reign is set to finally end this week with the club recognising his unpopularity with the fans makes his position untenable.

The former England manager may have reached the same conclusion as he fights a forlorn battle to win over supporters who have made their displeasure with his appointment increasingly clear over the last few months.

Chants demanding Allardyce’s dismissal have grown in ferocity for weeks, creating an undignified spectacle at Everton’s games. It is inconceivable the club can head into next season with such hostility directed at the dug-out.

Allardyce will meet Everton’s majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri in the coming days, at which point the terms of his departure can be negotiated, most likely with a mutual parting of the ways. He still has a year left on the deal he signed in November so can expect a handsome reward for what is turning out exactly as expected when he arrived - a short-term appointment to avert a relegation fight.

Speaking on Sky Sports on Monday evening, Allardyce admitted he was unsure of his future.

“Who knows what is going to happen next. The season is over. I’m going to have a meeting with Farhad and then I am going on my holidays,” he said. 

“I have done all that I can, the backroom staff have done all that they can and for me the players have done all they can. And in the January window, Farhad backed us with two very important signings. Two front men. Both have been successful in scoring goals and making goals.” 

Everton are likely to reconsider Marco Silva, although Watford remain unhappy with the approach to their former manager and could even revisit the threat of legal action first made last November should he end up at Goodison Park.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/05/14/sam-allardyce-leave-everton-week-position-untenable/

How can their board be so incompetent not to have known it would end this way?  Absolutely everybody else knew what would happen.

Everton aren't they.

Some over at GOT haven't quite cracked this "learning from experience" thing.

Morinho has said why he prefers lukaku to rashford and martial and it's well known he is after dries martens.

Jaime vardy around 25m and batsuayi and rashford are available on loannfor around let's say 5m each loan fee + wages.

That's rashford, batsuayi and vardy that could be here next season for just 35m think about that.

• Upvote 1

Some over at GOT haven't quite cracked this "learning from experience" thing.

Morinho has said why he prefers lukaku to rashford and martial and it's well known he is after dries martens.

Jaime vardy around 25m and batsuayi and rashford are available on loannfor around let's say 5m each loan fee + wages.

That's rashford, batsuayi and vardy that could be here next season for just 35m think about that.

He’s gone off piste with that last line and added his own variation on the classics “Just let that sink in” and “Just sayin’”.

Admirable initiative but I’m more of a traditionalist.

• Upvote 4